Thank you for response. What hosting provider are you using?
When I looked at the uc_ups.admin.inc source code, I copied and pasted the URL's that the code uses to fetch the xml. I think they are incorrect! I tried to use what I thought where the new URLs for the XML, but no go. I will show the "new" URLs that I tried to use:
UPS Tracking Tool: https://wwwcie.ups.com/ups.app/xml/Track
UPS Shipping Tool: (Ship Confirm) https://wwwcie.ups.com/ups.app/xml/ShipConfirm
UPS Shipping Tool: (Ship Accept) https://wwwcie.ups.com/ups.app/xml/ShipAccept
UPS Rates and Service Selection Tool: https://wwwcie.ups.com/ups.app/xml/Rate
I'm not sure these are correct, but when you go to them, at least you don't get a "page not found" message as you do when you go to the original URLs that is in the source code.
Here is the block of code I was altering
$form['uc_ups_connection_address'] = array('#type' => 'select',
'#title' => t('Mode'),
'#description' => t('Quotes and shipments requested in Testing mode will not be picked up or charged to your account.'),
'#options' => array('https://wwwcie.ups.com/ups.app/xml/' => t('Testing'),
'https://www.ups.com/ups.app/xml/' => t('Production'), //these URL's take you to "page not found" on UPS.com!
'#default_value' => variable_get('uc_ups_connection_address', 'https://wwwcie.ups.com/ups.app/xml/'),
So, the source code's URL's for accessing the shipping rates aren't even correct!