I have read this thead with great interest. We are wokring towards developing a group buying solution based on drupal and ubercart.
I have learnt a lot from this thread, although some questions remain in my mind. Hope you don't mind answering them. Some might be directly related to durpual and some ubercart.
- Our group buying site will serve a few cities, so if you create cities by taxanomy terms then how do we generate/display the city page to the user if that city is selected
- How do we add that selected city in user's session and display them that city's content until a new city is selected by the user?
- Whilist I agree that a new product class should be created, so we could add deals specific fields, you call it 'deals', a new invoice (coupon) should be generated with a new number so that all invoice (coupons) have their individual reference number. I thought ubercat will do this by default?
- What's the best method to create and store merchnat's details i.e. name, address, locations, phone, fax, google map etc? At the time of creating a deal, a merchant could be selected.
- We would like merchants to have their own permanent page on our site. How do we create and display a merchants page on our site /city-name/kmart
- When creating a deal, we could like to attach that deal to a category and a sub-category. How do we create these? Should we use ubercart catalogue functionality or something else?
- How do we add QR codes to ubercart generated invoices. Here is a module for genrating QR codes: http://drupal.org/project/qr_codes
- Should we use ubercarts billing table to store customer's billing address? Or some method should be used?
- Could ubercart's billing function be customised in a manner that if it is already filled in by the user during the previous transaction it is shown in a collapsed manner but display in expanded manner if the user going throuh the check-out hasn't previously filled it?
Many thanks in advance for your help.