BEWARE! This Contrib is being abandoned for the uc_file.module (now in latest Bazaar / core).
The functionality of this module is included, and improved upon, in the new Core module.
Admin note: This contribution was created by CpILL of Taylor Square Designs. Maintenance has been taken over by torgosPizza until digital products are worked into core.
The File product lets you associate files, in a chosen folder on the server, with SKU(s). When a product with one of these SKUs is purchased (and the purchase is confirmed) the customer will be presented with a link to download the file in their own private 'My files' section, a link to which appears under the navigation automatically when this module is enabled.
Requires the customer to be a logged-in user.
- French by Mog
After you install Ubercart:
- Install the "File Product" module under 'admin/build/modules' and grouped under 'Ubercart - extra'.
- Configure the folder on the server where File Products will be looked for at 'admin/store/settings/file_product'. Its recommended that this be outside the web root (where your regular PHP and HTML files are kept) so they can't be directly downloaded.
- Associate SKUs with files via 'admin/store/products/file_products'.
When a customer purchases a product that has a File Product associated with its SKU, once the transaction has been confirmed (order status 'Processing' in order view), the file will appear in the users 'My files' link under 'Navigation'.
- Changed the status update to check for "completed" or "payment received."
- Removed the uc_order_load($order) line, as it's not needed thanks to the new hook_order in Alpha 7e.
- $op in uc_file_cart_item is now 'can_ship' instead of 'shippable'.
- Restored directory structure for module files.
- Minor update to fix a file size error.
- Updated the hook_order implementation to work with new order statuses.
- Fixed a redirect bug in after you hit 'create' in the File product manager screen.
- Added the French translation files provided by Mog.
- Fixed a permissions bug which stopped the customer downloading if they didn't have the 'administer file products' permission. Thanks to Mog (not verified) for pointing it out.
- Fixed a bug that only listed one file for a given SKU instead if there was more than one file associated with it.
- Fixed a display bug in 'My files' table associated with the display of the file size column.
- Updated documentation here that the order state should be put into 'Processing' to trigger the the adding of file products to the orders user.
- Added changes as suggested by torgosPizza here