What is it?
The U.S. Postal Service shipping fulfillment module lets you work out United States Postal Service shipping rates to products.
How to enable it
The module is included in the Ubercart core package, and is enabled in Drupal at Administer » Site building » Modules in the section "Ubercart - fulfillment".
How to configure it?
Once enabled, the module is configured in Administer » Store administration » Configuration » Shipping quote settings under "Quote methods".
To set up your site to use shipping quotes from the United States Postal Service, follow these steps:
- Make sure you have the latest version of Ubercart and the uc_usps module.
- Enable the "shipping quotes" and "US Postal Service" modules.
- Your user should have permissions to "configure quotes" for the "uc_quotes module".
- Create or login to your USPS.com account and sign up for a Web Tools User ID. You can find it in a box on the right hand side of the page at www.usps.com/webtools/ entitled "Access USPS Web Tools".
- Once you have received your email with your Web Tools User ID in it, contact USPS personally and request access to the production server by email (email@example.com) or phone (1-800-344-7779) because the requests Ubercart sends out will not work at all in testing or production mode if USPS does not grant you access personally. Tell them that you are using Ubercart which has been tested with their systems already.
- Enter the "Web Tools User ID" you received in the email from USPS.com into Ubercart's "USPS User ID" on the USPS quote method page at /admin/store/settings/quotes/methods/usps.
- Make sure you have filled out your default store address in the shipping quote settings, as USPS will need the zip code from those settings.
- Enter the weight for all of your products in their product settings.
- Test: Attempt to get a shipping quote by adding things to your cart and checking out, fill out the forms and be sure to enter a shipping zip code.
At this point it should work, and you should get usable shipping quotes in the pane during checkout. If not, enable the debugging information in the shipping quote settings. Being able to see the raw requests and responses may be more useful than the error messages that are returned.