9 replies [Last post]
mrtoner's picture
Juice: 72
Was this information Helpful?

I've sponsored the development of a PayPal Buttons Module to add the ability to pay for single-item purchases using PayPal Buy Now and recurring purchases using PayPal Subscriptions. Both types of purchases will go through PayPal Website Payments Standard, not Express Payments or Website Payments Pro, which allows easier setup and administration.

The module will also optionally integrate with uc_subscribe, allowing greater flexibility in subscription management.

detour and Sundays Energy are creating the module with the proviso that the module be released as an open-source contribution. If this module is useful to you and you'd like to ChipIn, please visit:

http://don.chipin.com/paypal-buttons-module

The initial quote for the module was $850, but it may come in less than that. We're currently testing the module, which is compatible with UC RC2.

Don Morris

[Feel free to move this topic to another board as appropriate.]

Ryan's picture
Juice: 15459
Re: PayPal Buttons Module

This board is appropriate, and I'm glad to hear about it. Smiling I hope it turns out great for you and for others who find it!

mrtoner's picture
It's now available

I forgot to mention it here at the time, but the PayPal Buttons Module has been released. I'm looking forward to your comments.

Alaska's picture
Juice: 1434
Possibilities

Is this possible with your new PPB Module?

1) Use a different PP account than the Uber account?

2) Charge a different amount for shipping than what is setup in the cart? i.e all of the items are set at flat rate per order.

3) Order more than one item. Say one apple and one orange. Or two of each.

The reason I ask, is that I have a friend that is using a part of the site for their products as a separate products class. They would like a different shipping rate and a different PP account, etc.

This goes back to the desire by some to use a Uber site for many different vendors. Each with their own separate accounts.

Thanks.

Jim

zcferres's picture
Juice: 55
Subscription Problems

For some reason, I can't get this to work properly with the subscription module. When I set up the subscription payment it does add it as an active subscription in the subscription list initially (notices the received payment from paypal). Then, during the next billing cycle it doesn't notice that the payment was received.

In the logs I found:
uc_paypal_button 06/22/2008 - 7:05am IPN transaction verified. Anonymous
uc_paypal_button 06/22/2008 - 7:05am Receiving IPN at URL for order 20-SUBSCRIPTION. Anonymous

However, at 11:45pm that night, an email goes out:
Dear **@**.com,

This e-mail is to remind you that your payment is due to ** for *** is PAST due. The original due date was on 06/21/2008 - 11:01pm. If you feel you have received this message in error please contact us at **@**.com.

I have a workflow configured, and cron is running without a problem. The workflow is configured as follow:
Conditions:
OR Group
Check Order Balance -> Balance is less then or equal to 0.00
Actions:
Update Order Status -> Payment Received

Any idea on what would cause this?

Thanks in advance,
Zach

jerbroo's picture
Juice: 104
Re: Subscription Problems

From /admin/store/settings/products/edit/features
under "Role assignment settings"

You'll see this:

"Where in the order status that the role will be granted. Be aware that if payments are processed automatically, this happens before anonymous customers have an account created. This order status should not be reached before the user account exists."

under checkout settings admin/store/settings/checkout/edit
disabling anonymous checkout may fix it.

...I have not tested this.

nirenj's picture
Juice: 4
IPN

Hi, your modules works fine to meet my requirements(after making some minor changes). Thanks for the contribution.

But I am not getting the IPN status (BuyNow Button) from PayPal Sandbox site to update the status of the payment.
Is there anything specific i need to do in order to get the IPN update the database. Is is a must to give the Success URL ??

Thanks.

Shawn D. Sheridan's picture
Juice: 10
Same Problem

I'm having the same problem. I actually have the Success URL which is taking me to the correct success page. But not getting an IPN. Any hints on this? I too am using the PayPal Sandbox site at the moment. I'd like to make sure this works before I go live...

mrtoner's picture
Sandbox probably having problems

The Successful payment URL has nothing to do with the IPN. The Notify URL, which is where PayPal sends the IPN, is automatically set by the module. If you're not receiving an IPN, it's likely due to problems with PayPal Sandbox.

Support for the module is better handled here: http://drupal.org/project/issues/uc_paypal_buttons?categories=All

Shawn D. Sheridan's picture
Juice: 10
Solved

Actually, after some digging over a couple of days, I've discovered a rather esoteric defect in PayPal that would be good for everyone else to know about, which was leading to my problems. The issue was subdomains and underscores. See http://drupal.org/node/895740 for more.