46 replies [Last post]
ldutson's picture
Juice: 3
Was this information Helpful?

I'd like to be able to use ubercart to handle payment processing for event registration. I would like to be able to integrate it with the signup and events modules if possible, to be able to take advantage of the calendar an email reminder pieces.
Ideally, when someone clicks the 'signup' button, I would like the script to be interrupted by the ecommerce piece, have the transaction process, and then resume the signup script to put the user into the attendee list.
If anyone is up for this, drop me a line lance-at-mainecoastdesign.com

oslinux's picture
Juice: 461
Re: Event registration integration

have you looked at the fee module used by drupalcon barcelona?

Steve Oliver's picture
Uber Donor
Juice: 53
Ubercart + Event Registration

Any progress, ldutson? I want to be able to do this, also. The Fee module oslinux talks about seems a little weak. I've got an inquiry into drupal.com.au as he says he can do it (http://drupal.org/node/189508)

GileS's picture
Bug Finder
Juice: 25

I am interested in this as well and may start writing this module if no one else has any suggestions on how to go about this. I need to allow prices to be set based on roles. Different roles pay a different price to attend the event.

If anyone has any input on where to get started with this please let me know.

tomchod's picture
Juice: 4
How did you get on

Hi there

Did you have any luck with the prices based on roles for this integration.

I was also looking to integrate a google maps mashup into the site so that the event locations could be displayed from the details view of the event.

kbahey@drupal.org's picture
Signup and Paypal

Actually the fee module is designed to handle a case where the entire site is the event, not individual nodes. So, for a case where it is a conference with a set fee, and the site will go defunct after the conference is over, it is a perfect match.

However, I have a potential client who wants to use Paypal (as well as manual methods, such as cheques) for users to be able to use the signup module to register for an event, then pay via Paypal for the node they just signed up for.

It should be noted that both ecommerce and ubercart were evaluated for this project, and both found to be overkill for a site that has nothing else to sell, hence the approach ...

Here are my design notes:

• Ties into specific nodes types and specific nodes, via the signup module.
  • Limit payments to registered users only (can do anonymous users with some extra work).
  • Allows different amounts depending on the user role (admin defined, per node).
  • Use Paypal for automatic payments.
  • Once a user signs up for a node, they are presented with a button "Proceed to paypal".
  • Once they finish paying in Paypal, we register the payment in the database for that user.
  • Allows a manually entered form of payment (e.g. mailing a cheque) for overrides.
  • Offers some reporting (list of users who paid for a certain node).

Contact me if you are interested in this.

--
Drupal performance tuning, development, customization and consulting: 2bits.com
Personal blog: Baheyeldin.com

Ben
Ben's picture
Juice: 38
Multiple Event Tickets

I'm also interested in integrating Ubercart with Drupal's "Signup" module.

One key issue is how any solution handles the purchase of multiple tickets/registrations. For instance, if a user wanted to purchase four tickets to an event, you wouldn't want to require them to make four individual credit card purchases (which might look like invalid repeat charges to a credit card company). Instead, they should be able to put four tickets in their cart, buy them, and then be directed to the Signup module to register each of the four individuals in sequence.

To help manage all of this, I'm wondering if Drupal's "Workflow-ng" module should be involved in any potential solution.

a_c_m@drupal.org's picture
Bug Finder
Juice: 288
Re: Multiple Event Tickets

How far did you get with this?

I need exactly this before the end of the month, looking into the fee module at the moment, my additional requirement is that users may already have accounts + if we use ubercart we will need to commission a new payment gateway.

/May/ be looking to throw money at the problem or collaborate if that interests anyone.

Drayen.

:edit:

I've been looking around and the Gift Certificate Module(http://www.ubercart.org/contrib/1758) caught my eye and imagination, it seems like it could be used as a base for a ticket module in a round about way.

As i see it a ticket module would (at a minimum) need to be able to :

• Have an email address as a user entered field on a ticket product
  • Email the user with a customizable email
  • Have optional stock levels / places left

Would be nice if it could :

• Auto create users for email addresses without accounts / update existing users role
  • Expire - i.e. cant sell tickets after the event
  • txcrew's picture
    Juice: 103
    Re: Re: Multiple Event Tickets

I'd be interested in this too and would be willing to chipin a bounty for this.

I would also need the features listed about as well as:

an admin side attendance list that one could print out and bring to the event and check off the people that either reserved tickets to pay at the box office or have been marked as paid as paying through paypal or marked as paid because they are a season ticket holder (season ticket holder would be a role, so maybe that would go with different prices per role).

Thanks,
    txcrew

jrust's picture
    Juice: 122
    Re: Re: Re: Multiple Event Tickets

I'm also looking into this for a project. Another option I've come across is the CiviEvent module from CiviCRM which handles tracking signups for an event and taking payments.

Seems like you could also follow the ideas on this post and create a product that has stock levels and then disable it when the event comes.

Bug Finder
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Multiple Event Tickets

Just had a play with CiviCRM + event on their demo site, looks very nice but is a very big boat for just event management (if you dont plan to use the rest of civiCRM) + when i tried the demo i hit a fatal error!

Bug Finder
    Scratching the itch

So i'm just getting on with it.

Part 1. Email Address validation for attributes : http://www.ubercart.org/contrib/3477

Part 2. uc_ticket module, comprises of a large cron hook which
    * - searches past ticket purchases which are pending
    * - each email address (attribute) is compared against user list
    * - if exists, add a role based on the product model
    * - else create the user and add role
    * - custom email based on tickets CCK text fields

Its all very specific to this implementation and has no GUI, but to a fellow programmer it should be clear what i'm doing and why (and therefore easy to customize to your implementation).

Its not quite finished yet, there are a few issues to work out (http://www.ubercart.org/forum/development/3479/update_cart_item_hook_qua... - may just hide the column with CSS) and a few extra bits of validation to write into the ticket module (e.g. cant buy a ticket for someone who already has one) - but its well on the way.

txcrew's picture
    Juice: 103
    Re: Scratching the itch

Sounds really great! Can't wait for the module(s).

txcrew

apdrupal's picture
    Juice: 15
    This functionality would be great

Hi Drayen

i was just wondering how you are getting on with this and if i can help with testing. I have no experience with PHP but would be glad to help in any way i can. I am building a site that would definitely benefit from this.

Bug Finder
    Code

hi apdrupal, the module is written and working but without PHP knowledge it wont be much you to you. It has no interface for config as it was just written to scratch my itch, so probably wont work with your setup.

Here is the code in case you wondered (normal disclaimers apply, use at own risk etc, if you like it buy me a beer etc). With this module i also use : http://www.ubercart.org/contrib/3477 for email validation.

AttachmentSize
    uc_ticket.info_.txt 149 bytes
    uc_ticket.module.txt 8.35 KB
    specmav's picture
    Juice: 32
    drayen, Do you plan on

drayen,

Do you plan on making this module more mainstream? Adding a UI or intergrating it with other modules (namely signup)?

to everyone else,

Is there any other progress in regards to integrating UC with Signup or any other method of charging (per node or global) for events?

Bug Finder
    Re: drayen, Do you plan on

Not at the moment, this was done purely for one client, i'm quite snowed under with paying clients at the moment. I may start a bounty for it when other work calms down again.

apdrupal's picture
    Thanks Drayen I am hoping to

Thanks Drayen

I am hoping to start learning PHP in the near future, one day i may be able to use it, until then il just look at it and say.... interesting!!

Thanks for posting it and for your hard work

NewZeal's picture
    Juice: 56

I'm going to have a go at this from a different approach. What is needed is to enable a product to be entered as an event. That is all, tres simple.

As a product it has all the features of a product and can be added to the cart etc. As an event all that happens is that it gets to appear on the calendar.

The signup module only sends out emails and that's about it.

I'm also going to create a uc_groups which will be similar to uc_roles, signing the user up to a group instead of a role, so that they can have access to private material.

apdrupal's picture
    sounds great NewZeal any

sounds great NewZeal

any idea of how long this will take, can i help in any way?

gorcon's picture
    Juice: 6
    Re: Re: Event registration integration

FYI, the ecommerce module allows you to define an event as a product -- which, I believe, is exactly what you're looking for. You may be able to hit the ground running by first taking a look at how the ecommerce code handles this, and then coding something similar for ubercart.

iswilson's picture
    Kind of on topic... I was

Kind of on topic...

I was tinkering with turning products into events for a side-project a while ago; all you have to do is create a new product class and add a date field to it with cck (the drupal event module at http://drupal.org/project/event/ works as well but I have events on non-consecutive days which it doesn't do).

To hide the add to cart button on events that are in the past you create an override in your template.php file.

The following override loops through the date field (which is required and can have multiple values) to find the maximum value and if it is in the past it hides the add to cart form. The product class I created is called 'workshop' and cck field I added to the node is called field_date.

function phptemplate_uc_product_add_to_cart($node) {
      if ($node->type == 'workshop') {
        $max_date = 0;

// get max date
        foreach ($node->field_dates as $current_date) {
          $t = $current_date['value2'] ? $current_date['value2'] : $current_date['value1']; // use the to date if it exists
          if ($t > $max_date) $max_date = $t;
        }

if ($max_date <= time()) {
          return false; // output blank
        }
      }

// output add to cart form
      $output = '<div class="add_to_cart">';
      if ($node->nid) {
        $output .= drupal_get_form('uc_product_add_to_cart_form_'. $node->nid, $node);
      }
      else {
        $output .= drupal_get_form('uc_product_add_to_cart_form', $node);
      }
      $output .= '</div>';
      return $output;
    }

webmasterkai's picture
    Uber DonorBug Finder
    Juice: 302

Anyone still interested in pitching in some dollars? I could have something to show in the next day or two if I had some funds for motivation Smiling

Biodiesel * (ubercart + drupal) = Sundays Energy

gorcon's picture
    Re: Re: Event registration integration

As I think this functionality would be a valuable contribution to ubercart, I'd be interested in chipping in. At what price point would you find yourself suitably motivated? Smiling

ambereyes's picture
    Bug Finder
    Juice: 98

I can chip in as well. I need to create a event where each date is a separate product. If the module exports the right info, I should be able to use Views to create a list of attendees.

I have a customer that needs to be able to list a set of reoccuring events and allow folks to "Sign up" for an individual session, i.e. A meditation session is held every Monday at 7:30 am. I decide I want to attend next Monday's session - I should be able to Sign up for the date i want.

This makes me think that this module should integrate well with event and event repeat, since they will produce separate nodes for each date unlike the date and date repeat modules.

My two cents
    Katrina

www.ambereyes.net

New Zeal's picture
    Juice: 31
    uc_event

I've got a working version of an event payment module at http://dev1.passingphase.co.nz. Just sign in as username: testadmin, password: admin and give it a whirl. It is still in development as I'm currently integrating it into a site.

Webmasterkai, it may not have been a good idea to start on a module that someone else has already indicated they are developing, but if you want to join forces, then maybe you could use your energy to do refinements, but it depends how far you have got and what direction you went.

My original sponsor bailed so I am looking for contributers but I will be working towards a robust solution regardless for the sake of the current site I am developing, but in which my quote did not include the cost of developing this module. If anyone is interested, then I am happy to send the dev version to you for a $30 contribution. Once I've received 5 contributions ($150 was the original quote) then I'll post the dev on this site and keep it updated.

I based my module on the same suggestion as gorcon.

ambereyes's picture
    Bug Finder
    Wow! It looks really good so

Wow!

It looks really good so far.

When I created a repeating event as a paid event and added it to the store (nice ui btw), I got the following error on submission.

user warning: Duplicate entry '1' for key 1 query: INSERT INTO dev1_event_repeat (rid, repeat_data, repeat_RRULE,
    repeat_COUNT_remaining, repeat_start, repeat_end, repeat_last_rendered) VALUES (1, 'O:8:\"stdClass\":77:{s:3:\"nid\";i:10;s:3:\"vid\";i:10;s:3:\"uid\";s:1:\"3\";s:7:\
    "created\";i:1212698331;s:4:\"type\";s:5:\"event\";s:7:\"changed\";i:1212698331;s:5:\"title\";s:22:\"Friday Morning Session\";s:4:\"body\";s:56:\"This is a repeating
    paid event every friday for 4 weeks.\";s:6:\"format\";s:1:\"1\";s:3:\"log\";s:0:\"\";s:4:\"name\";s:9:\"testadmin\";s:4:\"date\";s:0:\"\";s:6:\"status\";i:1;s:7:\
    "promote\";i:1;s:6:\"sticky\";i:0;s:8:\"revision\";i:0;s:7:\"preview\";s:7:\"Preview\";s:2:\"op\";s:6:\"Submit\";s:6:\"submit\";s:6:\"Submit\";s:10:\
    "form_token\";s:32:\"7b936c96bc36587365071470630aff84\";s:7:\"form_id\";s:15:\"event_node_form\";s:7:\"comment\";s:1:\"2\";s:4:\"menu\";a:7:{s:5:\"title\";s:0:\"\";s:11:\
    "description\";s:0:\"\";s:3:\"pid\";s:1:\"1\";s:4:\"path\";N;s:6:\"weight\";s:1:\"0\";s:3:\"mid\";i:0;s:4:\"type\";i:86;}s:4:\"path\";s:0:\"\";s:8:\
    "taxonomy\";a:2:{i:2;s:1:\"5\";i:3;s:1:\"0\";}s:5:\"model\";s:14:\"Friday-morning\";s:10:\"list_price\";s:0:\"\";s:4:\"cost\";s:0:\"\";s:10:\"sell_price\";s:2:\"15\";s:11:\
    "default_qty\";s:1:\"1\";s:8:\"ordering\";s:1:\"0\";s:5:\"ptype\";s:1:\"0\";s:14:\"product_remove\";i:0;s:20:\"start_minute_all_day\";i:0;s:9:\"start_day\";s:2:\"06\";s:11:\
    "start_month\";s:1:\"6\";s:10:\"start_year\";s:4:\"2008\";s:10:\"start_hour\";s:1:\"7\";s:12:\"start_minute\";s:2:\"30\";s:7:\"end_day\";s:2:\"06\";s:9:\
    "end_month\";s:1:\"6\";s:8:\"end_year\";s:4:\"2008\";s:8:\"end_hour\";s:1:\"8\";s:10:\"end_minute\";s:2:\"45\";s:8:\"timezone\";s:3:\"317\";s:16:\
    "eventrepeat_FREQ\";s:6:\"WEEKLY\";s:8:\"end_date\";s:0:\"\";s:18:\"eventrepeat_endday\";s:1:\"0\";s:20:\"eventrepeat_endmonth\";s:1:\"0\";s:19:\
    "eventrepeat_endyear\";s:1:\"0\";s:17:\"eventrepeat_COUNT\";s:1:\"4\";s:20:\"eventrepeat_INTERVAL\";s:1:\"1\";s:17:\"eventrepeat_BYDAY\";a:0:{}s:19:\
    "eventrepeat_BYMONTH\";a:0:{}s:22:\"eventrepeat_BYMONTHDAY\";a:0:{}s:21:\"eventrepeat_BYYEARDAY\";a:0:{}s:20:\"eventrepeat_BYWEEKNO\";a:0:{}s:14:\
    "signup_enabled\";s:1:\"1\";s:23:\"signup_forwarding_email\";s:21:\"katrina@ambereyes.net\";s:24:\"signup_send_confirmation\";i:1;s:25:\"signup_confirmation_email\";s:34:\
    "Hey! thanks for signing up!\r\namber\";s:20:\"signup_send_reminder\";i:1;s:27:\"signup_reminder_days_before\";s:1:\"1\";s:21:\"signup_reminder_email\";s:13:\
    "Don\'t forget!\";s:25:\"signup_close_signup_limit\";s:1:\"0\";s:6:\"signup\";i:1;s:6:\"teaser\";s:56:\"This is a repeating paid event every friday for 4 weeks.\";s:11:\
    "event_start\";i:1212694200;s:9:\"event_end\";i:1212698700;s:12:\"start_offset\";s:6:\"+43200\";s:10:\"end_offset\";s:6:\"+43200\";s:12:\"start_format\";s:18:\
    "06/06/2008 - 07:30\";s:10:\"end_format\";s:18:\"06/06/2008 - 08:45\";s:15:\"eventrepeat_end\";i:0;s:9:\"validated\";b:1;s:6:\"is_new\";b:1;s:11:\"unique_hash\";s:32:\
    "b77dbf8d4417db76a17bc430fd095757\";}', 'RRULE:FREQ=WEEKLY;COUNT=4', 3, 1212694200, 0, 1212710399) in
    /var/www/sites/www.passingphase.co.nz/media/includes/database.mysql.inc on line 172.

Also, it is a bit confusing because you can sign up and/or purchase a session. Also, the calendar does not list the later sessions so I can test whether you are signing up for a single session or the whole series.

All in all, a good start. I can definitely contribute at least $30, maybe even more if needed.

Katrina

www.ambereyes.net

New Zeal's picture
    Hi Katrina

Hi Katrina

That error has nothing to do with uc_event and everything to do with a multi-site install that isn't configured properly. Sorry about that.

Also interaction with Signup is not enabled yet. My current job does not have that as a requirement since the event happens offline and all that is required online is a report of the purchase (another custom module). If you would like to contribute $30 for what I've already done plus at least $30-60 for the Signup integration, then I will forward you what I've got now and forward the integration later when I've done it. The size of your contribution will be an indication of your level of need. If you want to take over sponsorhip of this module ($150) then I am all ears (preferred option).

Note: you may also benefit from the custom module I am doing for this site which I'll make available when complete.

Many thanks

ambereyes's picture
    Bug Finder
    Re: Hi Katrina

Actually, I don't need Signup integration, I just noticed that it was there and kind of confusing.

And yeah, I can pay the entire $150.

As I said above ....

Quote:

I have a customer that needs to be able to list a set of reoccuring events and allow folks to "Sign up" for an individual session, i.e. A meditation session is held every Monday at 7:30 am. I decide I want to attend next Monday's session - I should be able to Sign up for the date i want.

Current client - Most meditation sessions and seminars occur regularly, but each one is individually priced. And if a person attends more than one, it needs to be listed as such in the order.

And yeah we need to produce a participants lists per session so I an interested in what in what you are doing with the custom module you mentioned.

Let me know how to proceed, this is my first "bounty".

thanks,
    Katrina

katrina@ambereyes.net
    www.ambereyes.net

ambereyes's picture
    Bug Finder
    Re: Re: Hi Katrina

Okay, w/o the signup module it does seem less confusing.

However, as you will notice, my monday repeating sessions slipped to Sundays after the initial one. (This may be associated with the timezone conflict between the date and event modules.)

Also I wanted to make sure you understood how I planned to use this module.
    1. I want to be able to create a viewfield within another content type that lists all upcoming events associated with it via a node reference field I intend to add to this event type. (I hope that is clear.)
    2. There is a another content type that I need to build that also is an event. I call the first type (Regular) Events and the second one Special Events. IOW, I need to build two event enabled content types -- they have different cck fields.

And lastly, the timezone issue between the Date and Event modules is a huge problem because I used the date module to create arbitrary date fields (not events) in CCK types I have already built.

Let me know what you think.

Katrina

www.ambereyes.net

gorcon's picture
    Re: uc_event

Great work. Looks exactly how I'd envisioned it.

steve.m's picture
    Juice: 2
    posted anywhere?

I don't see New Zeal's code posted anywhere. Is it public yet?

paulcouture's picture
    Juice: 42
    $1000 Bounty for Enhancement

We'll offer $750 for the following integration which seems related to this:

Integrate with the signup module for individual events.
    Must use Ryan's UC Userpoints Discount Module (Our events will all be points only items) http://drupal.org/project/uc_userpoints_discount

Our drupal site http://www.horseracegame.com/community integrates with a desktop Horse Racing Game - points earned in the game are uploaded to our server and we convert them to user points that can be used as discounts in the shopping cart, and as tournament entry fees.

Tournaments will use the signup module. We need the user to have the user points entry fee deducted from their account when they signup and they must be placed in a pool that will fund the payouts for winning the tournament.

Here is the thing, we want users to be able to set up their own tournaments (the only type of event we use with the event module) that have specific limitations, has to have a decent UI so general users can create them.

So, as an example, we want a user to be able to say "I'm offering a tournament for June 14 that consists of 25 jockey races, winner of the tournament will be the user who earns the most jockey points (or wins, or fastest times) during their first 25 races on the 14th of June and has entered this tournament paying a fee of 10,000 user points." This will add the event to the calendar where other users will be able to signup for the event and create the payout pool for the tournament. We will at the end of the tournament pull the races that were part of the tournament and award the user points payouts accordingly.

I have tried desperately to get a programmer to do this in the signup module community, but gotten 0 response, seems like Ubercart folks need this too.

So, while this will go beyond what people are already asking for, I think it would be good for the community and get yet another feature into Ubercart that can't be found in competing carts. It also will get us running as we need to.

We will bonus $250 to the developer if you can make the following modifications to the UC Userpoints Discount module:

If an item is points only, in the catalog and the product page, only display the price in Userpoints, not cash.
    If an item is points only, users who are not logged in cannot add the item to their cart.

So, there is $1,000 on the table - contact me at paul at horseracegame dot com if you want to take this up or want more detail/clarification. We need it quickly. So to recap:

UC Userpoints Discount integration to the Signup module
    Modification to event module to add requirements / details to the event "costs" through a simple UI that general users can use
    Points pooling for the events
    Will get you $750

Modifying the UC Userpoints Discount to hide the add to cart button from users who are not signed in on points only items
    Only display the points needed to purchase points only items in both the catalog and product detail pages as well as the View Cart pages
    Will get you $250

$1,000 in bounty on the table PLEASE TAKE OUR MONEY!

mroswell's picture
    Juice: 42
    Status on event integration

What's the status on event integration with ubercart?

New Zeal's picture
    uc_event

If you go to http://dev1.passingphase.co.nz and login as testadmin / admin you can experience a working version of the event to ubercart integration.

Please provide any feedback here.

webmasterkai's picture
    Uber DonorBug Finder
    Juice: 302

What makes it an event besides the date field?

Biodiesel * (ubercart + drupal) = Sundays Energy

ambereyes's picture
    Bug Finder
    Re: Re: uc_event

I got the following error using the new module (also see attached) when I created an event (with a node reference field added and using auto_nodetitle). Notice that there is no add to cart link.

Quote:

warning: call_user_func_array() [function.call-user-func-array]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback, 'uc_product_add_to_cart_form_74' was given in /Library/WebServer/Documents/wccs/includes/form.inc on line 218.

Katrina
    www.ambereyes.net

AttachmentSize
    screenshot19.png 36.6 KB
    tomchod's picture
    Help offered

Hi everyone

I am also looking to develop a payment module event setup based upon user roles and how many tickets they would like to purchase for an event.

Is this source code available for the integration of the events with "UberCart Events". I need to create paid events.

This would be helpful as a start so I could fast track to contributing to this project.

Any update would be appreciated.

New Zeal's picture
    uc_event

The uc_event module is more or less complete. Many thanks to Amber Eyes Solutions (www.ambereyes.net) who have kindly taken over sponsorship of it.

The following is taken from the README.txt:

INSTALL

uc_event is a product created from outside of Ubercart and has to be seen as a product from within the script.
    To get this module to validate for entry into the shopping cart requires doing either of two things.
    1. Modiying uc_cart at line 1851 as follows:

Replace:

if (!in_array($node->type, module_invoke_all('product_types'))) {
    drupal_set_message(t('!title is not a product. Unable to add to cart.', array('!title' => $node->title)), 'error');
    return;
    }

With
    if (!in_array($node->type, module_invoke_all('product_types')) && !isset($node->sell_price)) {
    drupal_set_message(t('!title is not a product. Unable to add to cart.', array('!title' => $node->title)), 'error');
    return;
    }

Or using patch notation

- if (!in_array($node->type, module_invoke_all('product_types'))) {
    + if (!in_array($node->type, module_invoke_all('product_types')) && !isset($node->sell_price)) {
    return;
    }

2. Running the install programme and putting up with a dud content type. You will need edit uc_event.install and uncomment the required line before doing so.

OPERATION

Settings:
    The event content type is set by default. To enable other content types go to admin/settings/uc_event. Note that this is designed for event nodes but any node can be turned into a product, however there are only restricted fields available and the intention of the module is to use only with events.

Paid Events:
    uc_event is operated from within the node. When you create/edit the node, there is an option to turn it into a paid event. If you do so, click submit and then go in and edit again, the necessary product items will be displayed in the form and a product will be created as well as the event (one node registering as both)

Works for repeat events as well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My preferred option is option 1 since option 2 results in the creation of a dud content type which appears everywhere. If the Ubercart developers accept this module they may change the uc_product script so that this module does not require such modifications.

AttachmentSize
    uc_event.zip 4.69 KB
    Bug Finder

Thanks for your hard work.

But can you outline what features the module has?

New Zeal's picture
    Re: Re: uc_event

I've put the module into the contrib area at: http://www.ubercart.org/contrib/5306

There is an outline of what it does there. It integrates event with ubercart, but does not include signup.

smurferboy's picture
    Juice: 2
    uc_cart error

I installed uc_event too and I got exactly the same error Katrina had when trying to add an event to the store (see below). It did add the event only partially I think. When you list the products in the store they are mentioned at the bottom of the list-page but not anywhere else (e.g. catalog). When going to the added event it does list price etc. but 'add to cart' button.

(warning: call_user_func_array() [function.call-user-func-array]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback, 'uc_product_add_to_cart_form_1' was given in /home/vol1/byethost3.com/b3_2064628/htdocs/drupal/includes/form.inc on line 218.)

Thanks a lot,

Wouter

jugney's picture
    Juice: 202
    Re: uc_cart error

I had the same error. Am really looking forward to being able to handle both event payment and tracking registration information through this. Any help on why this error comes up, though? And why there is not an "Add to Cart" link on created events? I made the recommended change to uc_cart.module.

EDIT: I also just noticed that when uc_events is enabled, my regular products show up with two "Add to Cart" links and two "Quantity" fields. Is there a way to address this?

New Zeal's picture
    Re: Re: uc_cart error

I created this module using a recent version of ubercart.

Two threads in the forum indicate that upgrading might solve the problem:

http://www.ubercart.org/forum/support/1588/i_think_ive_missed_solution
    http://www.ubercart.org/forum/bug_reports/564/warning_when_previewing_ne...

Try upgrading and if the error still occurs then post here again.

New Zeal's picture
    Re: Re: uc_cart error

Thanks to Jugney, both problems solved.

1. The user_func_array error is caused by using a version of Ubercart which does not support other product types. If the required modifications for uc_event in uc_cart do not occur on line 1851 then chances are you are using a buggy version. I used an rc version, probably April 4 or April 23 (http://drupal.org/node/129292/release).

NOTE: this thread: http://www.ubercart.org/issue/5332/add_cart_form_with_new_productnodetyp... describes the problem and how to fix it. I upgraded to Ubercart 5.x-1.0 and got this error. Making the patch solved it.

2. The doubling up of add to cart links has been fixed and new code uploaded to the project page, see link above.

I welcome any more probs. It may be a good idea to post at the project page rather than here. Go to http://www.ubercart.org/contrib/5306.

Thanks again to Jugney. These modules don't get refined without your testing them and giving feedback.

jugney's picture
    Juice: 202
    Signup integration

Hi,

Just thought I'd let you know I discovered a nifty way to integrate uc_events with signup functionality.

Go here: http://drupal.org/node/277721

That describes how you can set specific node types (i.e. events) to automatically sign people up when they complete checkout, while suppressing the usual signup form option on a node, so the user doesn't see anything different.

I have this set up on all my events now so that I can see all sign-ups on particular workshops.

jrmorris's picture
    Juice: 0
    Multiple Events same Form

Can you setup multiple events or products and use (require) the same form to be completed. On the node_checkout_settings I would like to add multiple products to the Node Type.

It works fine with just one product listed, however, when using the view option it does not work.

any suggestions, thanks in advance.