1 reply [Last post]
dquark3's picture
Juice: 26
Was this information Helpful?

Just put the final touches on a clean Ubercart webstore using Drupal 7 and Ubercart 3.x.

Disheartened though when I realize I do not know how to control shipping options on a product basis. How do I limit the shipping methods appropriate for each product?

There is a 2.x module Ubercart Product Quote in dev which aims to do just this.

Do I use Rules perhaps? Tag the products with Taxonomy terms or limit them by product Classes then use Rules?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can simply provide direction on how to solve this simple but essential task.

--------------
Example:
Say I had USPS quotes for small, medium regular, and medium overnight.

A small size product should only quote for the small shipping option. A medium product should only allow medium regular, and medium overnight.

dquark3's picture
Juice: 26
Re: Limit shipping options by product

It appears that shipping options with Ubercart 3.x are impossible to control on anything of a product basis. What is really needed would be to create a taxonomy with shipping terms, and assign these terms to products. Then, rules could be used to control shipping methods, but as of now taxonomy terms are not selectable with Rules. The best fix would probably be to have a D7 port of the "UC Catalog Conditional Actions" module.

The November 6 tally for Ubercart 3.x is 7,172 users. That's just this latest release. In all, there are 38,631 sites using Ubercart. How do they all handle shipping? Powerful shopping cart, but I can't ship. Bummer.