5 replies [Last post]
jaykali@drupal.org's picture
Juice: 31
Was this information Helpful?

I love the concept of the role promotion and recurring billing but I'd like a couple more features. Let me know if these already exist but here are some things I wanted that I don't think ubercart has:

Feature request:

-A cancel button for 1 time payments that sends an API call to Authorize to cancel the order within Authorize, right now it seems like that it only cancels orders locally.

-Need an infinite option in the total occurrences text field for the recurring payments feature (uc_repeater module?)

-Need users to be able to cancel their own subscription, right now I think admin's can cancel a subscription

-Would like a uc sub module for bulk updating subscriptions, such as you could update the price of a subscription and click check boxes to update the subscriptions and it would make the backup API calls and give you error reporting and whatnot if a subscription wasn't correctly updated

-REALLY need a way to upgrade/downgrade a subscription, say if they belong to a certain subscription group or something they could move back and forth and it would make the appropriate backend calls

Maybe features:

-Anyway of updating the price of just 1 person's subscription in case we wanted to discount? (not sure ab this one)

Ryan's picture
Juice: 15459
Re: Role promotion and Authorize.net ARB recurring billing relat

Not all of the features you're looking for are enabled, like changing the price of a recurring fee (ARB restricts this once a payment has been charged) and infinitely recurring fees. However, there is a table on the user account page that lets people cancel their own recurring fees and update their CC info if need be. The administrators can do the same through either that user form or the admin form through Administer > Store administration > Orders.

jaykali@drupal.org's picture
Juice: 31
What about moving from subscription to subscription?

I wonder if you have any ideas about being able to upgrade/downgrade.

Right now you would manually cancel one subscription and join another. But I wonder if maybe we could add a functionality that just does that behind the scenes. Instead of actually making an ARB update web service call for example I wonder if it would just initiate the cancel and then create a new ARB subscription. That would seem like it'd be more flexible.

Maybe it could be a page where it says Change my subscription and it has a dropdown and it moves from one to the other. Obviously there could be a lot more business rules around it.

I just think users would be hesitant to actually cancel and then resubscribe to something else especially bc with that there's usually an initial fee with subscribing whereas if I had it do it behind the scenes I wouldn't charge the initial fee when changing the subscription.

Any thoughts, problems with that idea?

Ryan's picture
Juice: 15459
Re: What about moving from subscription to subscription?

I don't see any problems with it, and I'd implement it like that as well. I think it kind of has to be a case by case thing, though. At this point, the recurring capabilities of core UC are quite limited, and I don't see a good way to make this sort of functionality generic.

blasthaus's picture
Juice: 17
updates on these issues?

I'm looking for a lot of the same functionality. I'm finding roles and recurring too limited for real life use in a subscriber based environment. It would be great to hear if there is anything new on these topics which seem to be at a standstill. I'd contribute to see some of this stuff come to life, especially the basic attributes within attributes missing functionality within recurring and the inability for users to alter their subscription. These are both basic criteria for any subscription based site. Thanks for any updates or tips here!

bobbyhinson's picture
Juice: 11
Re: Role promotion and Authorize.net ARB recurring billing relat

Looks like there's not been much/any movement on this.

Just wanted to add to the chorus requesting this as a feature/function. It's much needed.

The closest thing to automation I've managed to do is replace the roles and then send the site admin an email if someone upgrades a subscription so that they can go in and cancel the previous subscription.

Thanks,

Bobby