9 replies [Last post]
joehenriod's picture
Juice: 7
Was this information Helpful?

I am getting this error message on my website. http://www.ticketcake.com, and it only happens when we are checking out with IE.

"We're sorry. An error occurred while processing your order that prevents us from completing it at this time. Please contact us and we will resolve the issue as soon as possible."), 'error' "

It seems to start working again when I disable the module "Colorbox" which does a light box effect on all my images. Is there a way to use this module and also not lose my IE sales?

Thank you.

jadowd's picture
Juice: 81
same issue here...

This is a big problem. any input from the masters of the universe?

acdtrp's picture
Juice: 60
Re: same issue here...

On May 6th i've updated imagefield and filefiled modules since there was a security update and after while i noticed that no order can pass the checkout. They all stall after review with no order number shown to the customer but the message from line 536 of /data/websites/e-cig.bg/sites/default/modeules/ubercart/uc_cart/uc_cart.pages.inc

$order = uc_order_load(intval($_SESSION['cart_order']));

if (empty($order)) {
// Display messages to customers and the administrator if the order was lost.

ANY IDEAS ANYONE? I tried the old modules back and it worked for a day or two and than broke again for no reason. We removed the mysql cache but no result.

jadowd's picture
Juice: 81
Re: Re: same issue here...

I have solved my issue. It was some bad javascript in the style.ie6 .css file that my lay out guy put in there to render some transparent images.

if you look @ http://yoursite.com/admin/reports/dblog and see likes like this:

page not found 2010-05-12 16:09 none
warning page not found 2010-05-12 16:09 none
error uc_cart 2010-05-12 16:09 An empty order made it to checkout! Cart order ID:
warning page not found 2010-05-12 16:07 cart/none

the car/none and none errors were being set by the bad code, causing ie6 ( in this case it was only in the ie6 css ) to render page not found, and dropping all session modifications for that page call... in this case, the cart checkout page.

I would start looking into your css for changes around the same time, if you notice that you are seeing similar errors in your recent log entries page.

acdtrp's picture
Juice: 60
Re: Re: Re: same issue here...

goddamn it, you must be right! I have a flash header which loads some images via .xml and we made this change to load them via xml the same time and I completely ignored that, since it was just a flash header. But it seems that a missing leading slash in the xml was causing the IE to behave very strange. I hope this solves my issue too... The log file lines were there and they stopped once i added the leading slash in the xml. Otherwise the images loaded fine always and I never suspected this. It was four fricking days!

jim_keller's picture
Juice: 3
Re: Cannot complete Checkout in Internet Explorer.

We ran into this issue tonight and it had me perplexed for a little while. After some digging (and after finding this thread), I found that one of our IE-only stylesheets (the IE portions of colorbox.css to be exact) was trying to load images that did not exist. This was causing a 404 during checkout, which in turn was killing the session.

Baart's picture
Juice: 8
Re: Re: Cannot complete Checkout in Internet Explorer.

Did the 404 occur in the log? I thought I solved this issue this morning. Two hours later it happened again. Could it be the customers browser cache? Because this time, there was no Page not found-error preceeding the empty-cart-warning.

PlanetPHP's picture
Juice: 42
Re: Re: Re: Cannot complete Checkout in Internet Explorer.

This is happening to me, IE6 users are going around in circles, yet checkout works on firefox and chrome without a problem... Frustrating! I fixed the 404 image error, could really do with solving this one.

PlanetPHP's picture
Juice: 42
Re: Re: Re: Re: Cannot complete Checkout in Internet Explorer.

It only works when disabling Clean URLs, the session seems to be lost, the contents of the session variable is as follows:

Array ( [ucga_order_id] => 28998
[uc_cart_id] => 948c9645b602d204ee41fbedf257eb7f
[do_complete] => 1
[messages] => Array ( [error] => Array ( [0] => We're sorry. An error occurred while processing your order that prevents us from completing it at this time. Please contact us and we will resolve the issue as soon as possible. ) ) )

The order id is lost...

vincentdemers's picture
Juice: 9
Re: Cannot complete Checkout in Internet Explorer.

In my case, the only way to have IE behave while having clean urls+SSL enabled was to do the following:

1) remove all the background:none and background-image:none from my css stylesheet

2) remove all other forms to be displayed on the cart/checkout/review page.

3) Finally I noticed I was calling extra CSS stylesheets for fancybox that were generating a lot of 404 in the watchdog when the user was submitting the cart/checkout/review page. I made sure the extra CSS for fancybox were not called on cart/checkout/review page

Voilà! IE started to behave!