24 replies [Last post]
lennard's picture
Juice: 4
Was this information Helpful?

I have just upgraded to Drupal 6.19 and Ubercart 2.4.

Now checkout isn't working. When I click on review order at http://royalgems.co.nz/cart/checkout, it just redirects to the same page. If it enter http://royalgems.co.nz/cart/checkout/review, it also does the same. I do not get any error messages or log entries. I installed the uc_optional_checkout_review module, but when I click on review order the same thing happens.

When I upgraded, update.php got stuck updating ubercart, but I deleted and replaced it and it didn't update or provide an error. Could this be the problem? Everything else seems to work ok.

Update: I am currently doing a fresh install in the hope that works and I can add all my products etc later.

soapcrafters's picture
Juice: 58
Re: Checkout not working - redirects to cart

I suspect this might be the answer. Uncheck that box he mentions:
http://www.ubercart.org/forum/bug_reports/18803/login_users_when_new_cus...

I have had the same problem for a couple of years. I'm hoping this will fix it.
Pam

ToddZebert's picture
Juice: 19

I'm having the same trouble. Despite what a replier suggested, I do NOT have "Login users when new customer accounts are created at checkout." checked.

Did you figure it out?

lenfun's picture
Juice: 16
Re: Re: Checkout not working - redirects to cart

I ended up loading a back up and updating it again. I think I stuffed it up by not updating to the latest version of drupal 5 before upgrading to 6. When I did that the second time around it worked fine.

Ops, it's seems I have 2 accounts.

ToddZebert's picture
Re: Re: Re: Checkout not working - redirects to cart

Thanks for the response and glad it's working for you. I started at D6 so that's not my issue. I've seemed to track it down to the Signup Integration for Ubercart module.

soapcrafters's picture
Juice: 58

Nope, I still have the issue.
It doesn't happen as often or as severely as it did before. I cleaned up the strict html on my pages and now people tend to make it through checkout on the 2nd try in most cases where they couldn't get through it all before usually. But, people still do get caught up in not being able to get to the submit button.
Pam

ToddZebert's picture

Weird. I ended up disabling UC, Signup, and and Signup UC, deleting the folders, running update, rebuild perms, flush all caches, etc. Then reinstall those modules, and enabled only what was absolutely necessary to get Signup UC to work. Unfortunately, it still doesn't work.

I went back to Garland theme and it doesn't work either, not even with multiple attempts.

I'm at a loss.

torgosPizza's picture
Bug FinderEarly adopter... addicted to alphas.Getting busy with the Ubercode.
Juice: 4111
Re: Re: Re: Re: Checkout not working - redirects to cart

Are there any errors in Watchdog? Anything in Apache logs? Are you using Securepages on your site? I don't think it's a module or theme issue (appears to definitely not be a theme issue as demonstrated by your testing with Garland). My guess is that it's a server configuration issue, either openSSL needs to be enabled, or your cookie domain / base_url is setup incorrectly in settings.php, or something.

I've also seen this when you have products that are not shippable but Ubercart thinks they ARE shippable, and so it needs a shipping option - but since one is not selected, it is unable to move past the checkout page. It should be throwing an error saying "please select a shipping option" but I've also seen it without any errors, for whatever reason.

Is there anything else custom about what your server setup is like? Anything unusual you may have done in the settings?

--
Help directly fund development: Donate via PayPal!

ToddZebert's picture
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Checkout not working - redirects to cart

@Torgos thanks for your response, and sorry for my slow delay - I've been moving my hosting!

I have a D6 installation so my understanding is watchdog is now recent log entries, which shows nothing about this error. I'm on HostGator and my only access to apache logs is through cpanel which apparently just shows my 300 level errors, but there's no reference to this error (in fact, nothing in that log at all).

My base_url is correct.

I'm not using Secure pages not SSL.

"Product and its derivatives are shippable." is unchecked. All modules that I know of that have anything to do with shipping are disabled.

I did have UC ECO and UC Product Power Tools installed and enabled at one time - some of their functions touched shipping as I recall.

ToddZebert's picture
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Checkout not working - redirects to cart

I realized you mentioned cookie domain which I didn't have set - I tried, but have the same failure.

I found the php error log and there's nothing there

I tried reinstalling Product Power Tools and changing various options but to no avail, nor could I find any applicable PPT issues in the queue. UC ECO doesn't seem to have any effect on shipping.

Thanks!

torgosPizza's picture
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Checkout not working - redirects to cart

What is your payment gateway and method? PayPal, Authorize.net? I'm surprised you didn't see any error messages in Garland... it seems like it's either a payment/credit card issue, or a gateway issue, and there should be some error messages to say what's happening. If you're using Authorize, you might turn on Securepages even if you don't have an SSL certificate (you can still use the port, as long as it's enabled on the server). Then under admin/build/securepages make sure cart* is listed as a page you want to make secure.

--

ToddZebert's picture
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Checkout not working - redirects to

Interesting thing I just realized:
*From cart, if I click on the standard blue & white "Update Cart" or "Checkout" buttons, nothing happens except I get redirected back to the cart.
* BUT, if I use the text "Checkout" link from either the cart page or any page the Cart block is displayed on, it goes correctly to the Checkout page

I originally had PayPal, GCheckout, and the test credit card GWs setup. I slowly removed them until now I have none enabled. Of course, using the checkout link (not button) gives me the error "Checkout cannot be completed without any payment methods enabled. Please contact an administrator to resolve the issue." on the checkout page.

I have Secure Site loaded but I never enabled it as far as I can remember. I never loaded Secure Pages. (Or are they the same?)

Thanks!

torgosPizza's picture
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Checkout not working - redirects

I've never used Secure Site so I don't know. You could try using the Test Gateway (you'll need to enable the module, then the gateway, then enable credit card payment method for use with the Test Gateway) and try checking out with that. That might at least narrow it down.

If it still doesn't work after that, it makes me wonder if there's some issue with the product(s) you're trying to buy, or perhaps something is missing from your template. Are you trying to purchase the same test products every time? If so did you try others? Secondly, is your checkout custom themed? I'm not really sure what would cause this offhand other than missing code or parts of checkout, or things in checkout that are being erroneously hidden that are required to proceed..

Oh, another thing - what browser are you trying this in? Have you tried others? (Sorry if I've asked this already.. )

--

nasheet's picture
Juice: 16

ToddZebert: I recognize your name from the Ubercart CCK Attribute module forum. Thanks for being so vigilant about your problems because they are the same as mine! I also was having problems with my checkout and not getting redirected to the Order Complete page. But I disabled the Ubercart CCK Attribute contributed module and . . . problems gone! Good luck. Thanks for helping me solve me problem.

ToddZebert's picture

I had checkout running fine with UC CCK Attribute, and once my checkout issue occurred, neither disabling nor removing it from my site made a difference.

torgosPizza's picture

You don't happen to remember what you did right before the checkout issue showed up, do you?

--

peter_'s picture
Juice: 31
Just for the record...

I had the same problem:-

*From cart, if I click on the standard blue & white "Update Cart" or "Checkout" buttons, nothing happens except I get redirected back to the cart.
* BUT, if I use the text "Checkout" link from either the cart page or any page the Cart block is displayed on, it goes correctly to the Checkout page

This problem was only experienced once I had upgraded from uc 2.4 to 2.6 (i never had the problem previously).

To "resolve" the issue I had to disable the uc_attributes_in_cart module, however this hasn't really resolved my issue because now I'm stuck without attributes in my cart Sad

Joe Weitzel's picture
Juice: 11
Me too

I never had this before, I upgraded to 2.6, and have the problem too. I disabled the uc_attributes_in_cart module, and now it is working Smiling But no attributes in cart Sad

pkraft's picture
Juice: 7
me too in U3/D7

I am experiencing this problem in ubercart3 with D7. I have installed three days ago and have yet to get a completed order. When I click on 'complete order' from the review order screen I get sent back to the checkout page.

raghu_gh's picture
Juice: 21
I am facing the same problem after upgrading

Hi,
I am also facing the same problem after upgrading. As you siad I have disabled attributes module. But still not working. How to fix this issue.
Thanks
Raghu

raghu_gh's picture
Juice: 21
I am facing the same problem after upgrading

Hi,
I am also facing the same problem after upgrading. As you said I have disabled attributes module. But still not working. How to fix this issue.
Thanks
Raghu

pkraft's picture
Juice: 7
Is anyone monitoring this?

There seems to be a problem here. Can someone jump in and help us out?

longwave's picture
Juice: 630
Re: Is anyone monitoring this?

Bug reports should be posted at http://drupal.org/project/issues/ubercart - but we will need more info and a link to a site that demonstrates the problem to be able to reproduce it.

--
These forums are for general support questions about Ubercart.
Bug reports and feature requests should be posted at http://drupal.org/project/issues/ubercart
Latest API documentation can be found at http://api.ubercart.me/

mylkin's picture
Juice: 5
Hi, same problem appear when

Hi,

same problem appear when i turn on module Attributes in cart version 6.x-1.2, without this module is checkout button working correctly.

M.

mylkin's picture
Juice: 5
Re: Hi, same problem appear when

this problem is already reported as a bug here: http://drupal.org/project/issues/uc_attributes_in_cart

to fix this u should try this: http://drupal.org/node/1240590#comment-5005600 worked for me