94 replies [Last post]
CasaDelGato's picture
Juice: 64
Was this information Helpful?

I'm allowing Anonymous purchases on my site, but I've run into a problem.
When an anonymous user clicks on the "add to cart" button, he gets taken to a page with an empty cart.

Ryan's picture
Juice: 15453
Re: Anonymous User "Add To Cart" doesn't actually add anything t

Can you let us know if you have page caching turned on in your site's performance settings?

CasaDelGato's picture
Re: Re: Anonymous User "Add To Cart" doesn't actually add anythi

Ahh, Drupal Page Caching is disabled.

Ryan's picture
Re: Re: Re: Anonymous User "Add To Cart" doesn't actually add an

Hmm, so if you manually browse to /cart/checkout on your site, will there be products in the cart then?

CasaDelGato's picture
Re: Re: Re: Re: Anonymous User "Add To Cart" doesn't actually ad

When I click on "Add To Cart" after selection the item options, it takes me to "http://casadelgato.com/cart" which says "Shopping cart
There are no products in your shopping cart."
If I then go to /cart/checkout, it just takes me back to the same /cart page.

Ryan's picture
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Anonymous User "Add To Cart" doesn't actuall

Alrighty, well at least that confirms that nothing is actually being added to the cart. It sounds like something is interfering with the add to cart submit handler to keep it from adding the item... are you getting any error messages in your site's watchdog or using any other modules that interact w/ Ubercart or forms in general?

CasaDelGato's picture
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Anonymous User "Add To Cart" doesn't act

Nothing in the logs, no error messages anywhere that I can find.

Ryan's picture
Well, go try it on the 2.x

Well, go try it on the 2.x Livetest to see if it's a browser issue, because I know it works there. Also, are you using any modules that affect Ubercart or forms in general?

CasaDelGato's picture
Re: Well, go try it on the 2.x

All my products have mandatory options, the one product on the test site doesn't have any.
My Modules are: (left out most of the mandatory/core modules)

Access Control
ACL 6.x-1.0-beta3 Access control list API. Has no features on its own.
Forum Access 6.x-1.0-beta1 Allows forums to be set private and allows forums to be given moderators.
CCK
Content 6.x-2.1 Allows administrators to define new content types.
FileField 6.x-3.0-alpha6 Defines a file field type.
ImageField 6.x-3.0-alpha4 Defines an image field type.
Core - optional
Color 6.9 Allows the user to change the color scheme of certain themes.
Comment 6.9 Allows users to comment on and discuss published content.
Contact 6.9 Enables the use of both personal and site-wide contact forms.
Database logging 6.9 Logs and records system events to the database.
Forum 6.9 Enables threaded discussions about general topics.
Help 6.9 Manages the display of online help.
Menu 6.9 Allows administrators to customize the site navigation menu.
Path 6.9 Allows users to rename URLs.
Profile 6.9 Supports configurable user profiles.
Search 6.9 Enables site-wide keyword searching.
Taxonomy 6.9 Enables the categorization of content.
Tracker 6.9 Enables tracking of recent posts for users.
Update status 6.9 Checks the status of available updates for Drupal and your installed modules and themes.
Upload 6.9 Allows users to upload and attach files to content.
ImageCache
ImageAPI 6.x-1.2 ImageAPI supporting multiple toolkits.
ImageAPI GD2 6.x-1.2 Uses PHP's built-in GD2 image processing support.
ImageAPI ImageMagick 6.x-1.2 Command Line ImageMagick support.
ImageCache 6.x-2.0-beta5 Dynamic image manipulator and cache.
Other
FCKeditor 6.x-1.3-rc7 Enables the usage of FCKeditor (WYSIWYG) instead of plain text fields.
Frequently Asked Questions 6.x-1.8 Manages configuration of questions for a FAQ page.
Login destination 6.x-2.3 Control where users are directed to once they login.
Site Documentation 6.x-1.2 Displays various pieces of information about this Drupal installation.
Thickbox 6.x-1.1 Enables Thickbox, a jQuery plugin.
Token 6.x-1.11 Provides a shared API for replacement of textual placeholders with actual data.
Upload path 6.x-1.0 Organize uploaded files according to admin-specified rules.
User registration notification 6.x-1.10 Notifies administrator of new user registrations.
Ubercart - core (optional)
Attribute 6.x-2.0-beta3 Allow the customer to choose attributes for a product at checkout.
Catalog 6.x-2.0-beta3 Display a hierarchical product catalog page and block.
Payment 6.x-2.0-beta3 Defines an API to let payment modules interact with the cart.
Reports 6.x-2.0-beta3 View reports about your store's sales, customers, and products.
Shipping Quotes 6.x-2.0-beta3 Retrieve and display quotes for shipping products.
Ubercart - extra
Product Kit 6.x-2.0-beta3 This node module represents two or more products that have been listed together. This presents a logical and convenient grouping of items to the customer.
Ubercart - fulfillment
Flatrate 6.x-2.0-beta3 Assigns a flat shipping rate to products.
Ubercart - payment
Payment Method Pack 6.x-2.0-beta3 Provides the check/money order, COD, and 'other' payment methods.
PayPal 6.x-2.0-beta3 Integrates various PayPal payment services and IPN feedback.

CasaDelGato's picture
Re: Well, go try it on the 2.x

I was going to suggest you try http://www.casadelgato.com , but I've had reports of this from users, so I doubt it's a browser issue.

Ryan's picture
Sweet cat. Nothing in your

Sweet cat. Smiling

Nothing in your list really throws up a red flag for me, and I did cruise around your site to see if I could figure something out. What's odd is that the buttons redirect to the shopping cart properly, but no messages are being displayed anywhere. Did you disabled the printing of the $messages variable in your theme? For example, Ubercart displays a message about selecting attributes if you click an add to cart button from the catalog display for a product w/ required attributes. I don't see this when I do it on your site.

cwcart's picture
Juice: 27
Same king of issue (Anonymous only)

Hi,

i have the same king of issue : Auth Users may use ubercart, but Anonymous can only see catalog + products.

When Anonymous clicks on Add to cart, he goes to the Catalog term, but nothing is added to cart. Anonymous can see the cart by going at example.com/cart but nothing is inside.

Does it help a bit ?

Thank you

yesct@drupal.org's picture
Uber Donor
Juice: 299
Re: Same king of issue (Anonymous only)

could it only be _some_ anonymous users?

I can add things to my cart anonymously.. and so can at least one other person, but at least one person cannot... when they click on add to cart, they get sent back to the home page. And when they view the cart, it says the cart is empty...

Should I have them try it on the demo site listed in a previous post?

Could it be their cookies settings or something?

hmmm.

Uber Donor
Re: Re: Same king of issue (Anonymous only)

i just had them try: http://livetest.ubercart.org
and it DID redirect to their cart and add something to their cart....
so it must be something about my site...

the test site is in dev at:
http://avoidremodelingnightmares.yestrainingandeducation.com/

i doubt it would be because i'm still in paypal sandbox mode.. because adding to the cart should not have anything to do with paypal...

if you try it, could you post if it redirected and added to the cart properly?

Thanks a ton!

cybertoast's picture
Juice: 33
Re: Re: Re: Same king of issue (Anonymous only)

I have exactly the same problem with a fresh site. I thought it might be the ajax driven cart module, but does not appear to be (at least disabling this module changed nothing). Basically I can't have any anonymous users place an order - they always get the "There are no products in your shopping cart." message, even when they go to /cart/checkout.

One interesting thing is that the uc_cart_products table actually has a new record after the anonymous user clicks the "add to cart" button. But the next page is always the "there are no products ...".

I'd appreciate any information to help diagnose this issue. BTW I'm using Ubercart 6.x.2.0-beta3 on D6.

Ryan's picture
Re: Re: Re: Re: Same king of issue (Anonymous only)

For what it's worth, I was able to add a product as anonymous successfully at the training site 2 posts above mine.

@cybertoast - that's odd... what are your caching settings for the site?

cybertoast's picture
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Same king of issue (Anonymous only)

I have Normal caching set. I've just truncated all the cache tables and disabled caching, and lo-and-behold, it worketh! I'm going to have to tinker with the caching to see what's allowed and what's not. Did I just miss something in the documentation about Ubercart and cache?

Thanks much Ryan!

Ryan's picture
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Same king of issue (Anonymous only)

Hmm... I don't think so. Sticking out tongue

Depends on your version... I just made some updates to the cart funcs in the latest 2.x work, but that shouldn't affect existing releases.

saantha's picture
Juice: 10
same problem

I am having the same problem as cybertoast.

With the anonymous user, nothing can be added to the cart and I get the message : no product in your cart.
You can try it on my test site on artistantra.com

It all works well when I am a logged in user.

I tried with caching enabled and disabled. I have cookies enabled.

It seemas that cybertoast found a solution when he says : "I've just truncated all the cache tables and disabled caching, and lo-and-behold, it worketh!"

Coud someone explain this solution to a begginer like me.

Thanks so much !

Uber Donor
Re: Re: Re: Same king of issue (Anonymous only)

I only had _some_ users have trouble on _some_ browsers... if I was using a simple link generated from the "cart links". If I had them use the "button" from the product node, it worked... odd, and I dont know if it lends any insight here.

For now, I'm copy and pasting the html (from view source on the product page) to make other buttons on the site. .... long term, I want to find a way to get buttons based off of custom cart links to work ...

saantha's picture
thanks

Thank you for your reply.

Whatever link is used by the unregistered user, the add to cart function does not add anything to cart.

I am having a hard time trying to resolve this issue...

saantha's picture
no solution

I don't find any solution...

I think will now have to look for a paid solution like shopsite. Sad

Ryan's picture
Re: no solution

Have you tried Ubercart on a clean site or on a local server to see if it works there? I'd love to track down this bug but just haven't been able to reproduce it.

saantha's picture
Bug reproduction

Hello Ryan,

Thank you for your amazing work.

I will try to reproduce on my local server and I will also do a new install on my web server to see if I reproduce it "out of the box".

Best regards,

cybertoast's picture
Re: Re: no solution

I've got a backup site on which the problem persists. I have not cleared the cache on this host because I'm trying to figure out what the difference is between the working and non-working installs. I tried a fresh install yesterday and could not reproduce the problem. But it may have been because of the sequence of activation of certain modules, or not enough data, or ... Smiling

Ryan, if you want access to my host to muck around please let me know and I'll give you both the admin and mysql logins. Or let me know if you want any other information that might be useful, and I'll get it to you.

saantha's picture
Re: Re: no solution

Ryan

Since I don't have much time at the moment, I would like to give you all the access information to my hosting and drupal instal so that you can try and track the bug.

Where can I send you this informations ?

Thanks !

CasaDelGato's picture
Re: Re: Re: no solution

Anyone else had luck fixing this problem?
I've tried turning caching off and purging the cache: Didn't help.
So I thought about making it so anonymous users couldn't create orders. (Permissions, disabled create order and view order)
They could still attempt to put things in the cart, which still always showed empty.

Ryan's picture
Re: Re: Re: Re: no solution

I don't have time to investigate this directly until we can isolate it as an actual bug in the source and not a configuration issue or module conflict. Is anything showing up in the watchdog or Apache error log? For some reason it seems like the add to cart form just isn't submitting properly... Puzzled

CasaDelGato's picture
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: no solution

My site is one of the ones with a "Control Panel". The error log there is empty. (I think that is the Apache Error log.)
Also, the Home-Administer-Reports-Recent Log Entries doesn't have anything relating to that.
Any other places I should look for logs?

torgosPizza's picture
Bug FinderEarly adopter... addicted to alphas.Getting busy with the Ubercode.
Juice: 4111
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: no solution

Is your site public? Can you paste a link so we can check it out? Also, are you using Secure Pages or anything? I'm unable to reproduce this issue with the latest 5.x code.

Also if you have access to your server root, the Apache error log is at /etc/httpd/logs/error_log - you can view this file and see what might be causing the problem.. but I wonder if it's another causing the issue? I have seen the Boost module cause some problems with cookies and sessions before.. so I wonder if it's really some other kind of caching issue.

--
Help directly fund development: Donate via PayPal!

junaid.baloch's picture
Juice: 11
Testing server works fine but ...

Hi, Ryan,

after i moved my site to the live server i cannot add items to cart anonymously. It still works on my testing server wich is hosted online.

some guy suggested (Can't add products to Shopping cart - Anonymously - SOLVED") that this might be due to the absence of user 0. yes i had the user 0 missing, i fixed it from phpmyadmin but the problem persists.

i am using D6x wit UC 6x2.4
cacehe is normal.

DomP's picture
Juice: 42
junaid.baloch wrote: Hi,
junaid.baloch wrote:

Hi, Ryan,

after i moved my site to the live server i cannot add items to cart anonymously. It still works on my testing server wich is hosted online.

some guy suggested (Can't add products to Shopping cart - Anonymously - SOLVED") that this might be due to the absence of user 0. yes i had the user 0 missing, i fixed it from phpmyadmin but the problem persists.

i am using D6x wit UC 6x2.4
cacehe is normal.

Same here.... is there a solution for this already? I'm getting blind from reading related topics

ptrang's picture
Juice: 7
yesct@drupal.org
yesct@drupal.org wrote:

could it only be _some_ anonymous users?

I can add things to my cart anonymously.. and so can at least one other person, but at least one person cannot... when they click on add to cart, they get sent back to the home page. And when they view the cart, it says the cart is empty...

Should I have them try it on the demo site listed in a previous post?

Could it be their cookies settings or something?

hmmm.

Hi all!
I have also the same problem when i click add cart by anonymous user even the cache is enable.
I use Ubercart 2.x
pls show me how to solve it.

mattGWS's picture
Juice: 21

I have run into the same problem - And i've narrowed it down to the fact that the $_SESSION['uc_cart_id'] is not being retinaed between pages. A new value is set each time. The uc_cart_products table is updated correctly, but as soon as the page refreshes to /cart it thinks there are no items selected as the $_SESSION['uc_cart_id'] is different.

This may be a server setup issue, as I have a fully working site running locally. In this i am able to add products to the cart as anonymous with no problems at all. The $_SESSION['uc_cart_id'] is preserved as it should be between pages.

I have noticed in the http headers tha the line 'Connection: close' is present on the live server, whereas on the local it is not. Maybe this is the issue. I am unable to set the header myself as some server setting keeps appending 'close' to the connection setting.

Hmm..

themselves's picture
Juice: 6
Me too.

This issue still exists. I'm having the exact same issue, and on a site that is meant to go live right now. D6 + latest UC. I can help trace this bug down by telling you it works fine on my development site, but fails on the live site, after the database has been copied across. My guess is that something changes between a "fresh" database and a moved one which might be causing this to break.

themselves's picture
Re: Me too.

I have tried emptying all the cache tables, sessions and watchdog, turned caching off, opened a new browser, all to no avail. Where is UC storing these sessions?

themselves's picture
SOLUTION

The problem lies in copying databases.

http://www.ubercart.org/forum/support/8535/products_disappear_cart_when_...

When I went in and fixed the 0 id user, everything works fine again. This is kinda Drupal's fault for using an auto-increment row with a 0 in it, kinda PHPMyAdmin's fault for not defaulting to NO_AUTO_VALUE_ON_ZERO, and probably my fault too.

Anyway, perhaps UC need not freak out about not having a 0 id user. Just sayin'.

Lyle's picture
AdministratoreLiTe!
Juice: 6855
Re: SOLUTION

The uid 0 row is for the anonymous user, so Drupal needs it to be there. There's not anything Ubercart can or should do about it.

cwcart's picture
Juice: 27
Hi themselves, How did you

Hi themselves,

How did you fix the 0 id user (under MySQL 5.2x).

I tried INSERT INTO `users` VALUES (0, '', '', '', 0, 0, 0, '', '', 0, 0, 0, 0, NULL, '', '', '', NULL,3600,'en');

but it didn't work => same issue as previously for anonymous user.

i found my INSERTED row with an id much higher than 0 (last users id).

I updated this row by setting id=0.

And Now it works.

Thank you very much. You solved this.

edward.peters's picture
Juice: 2
Wow thanks

Thanks so much for this! I had exactly the same problem and solution - changed the anon user row in users table to uid 0 and it all worked! You guys rock.

boided's picture
Juice: 3
cwcart wrote: Hi
cwcart wrote:

Hi themselves,

I tried INSERT INTO `users` VALUES (0, '', '', '', 0, 0, 0, '', '', 0, 0, 0, 0, NULL, '', '', '', NULL,3600,'en');

And Now it works.

thanks bro its working. i have same problem

igormoreira's picture
Juice: 3
THANKS!
cwcart wrote:

Hi themselves,

And Now it works.

man!
i spend so much time on this problem!

you save my work!

tnks

vallab444's picture
Juice: 5
Thanks, themseleves!

I too was struggling with the same issue on a new site with a copied database. Thanks a ton for the hint. It worked

cheers, have a happy new year!

-vallab

torgosPizza's picture
Re: Thanks, themseleves!

FWIW, we are experiencing this issue in IE as well as Firefox, but it's nothing to do with the users table.

For reference, I am using Boost but it is disabled, as is the core Caching mechanism for the purpose of my tests.

It appears that when you have a View that shows Add to Cart buttons, none of them will work the first time you click on one. I can reproduce this every single time:

1) Clear your cookies.
2) Browse to www.rifftrax.com/rifftrax
3) Click add to cart on a product that does not have options.

You will be redirected to /cart with nothing in your cart. However, if you go back to the same View, and click Add to Cart a 2nd time, you will go to the Cart page with that product now in your cart. (Only the new click, the previous click seems to have disappeared.)

Secondly, this does not appear to affect Cart Links. If I delete my cookies a second time, go back to the homepage at http://www.rifftrax.com/, and click the "Buy now - just $0.99" link that is in the "Featured product" block on the top left, I am redirected to the Cart with the product visible within.

Keep in mind, this issue does not affect adding to cart from a product page as the anonymous user. I think that's why it has been hard to reproduce on Livetest.

1) Clear your cookies.
2) Visit www.rifftrax.com/rifftrax
3) Click on any "More info" button.
4) Add the product to your cart.

Some further digging made me realize that Firefox DOES behave when I go from the homepage to the catalog, and then click add to cart- that works; but if I delete my cookies from rifftrax.com while on the catalog, and then click Add to Cart, it does not work. However, I realize that might also be a "won't fix" type of situation because that seems perfectly normal. It's MSIE that doesn't seem to want to set a cookie until you've visited the Cart page, or something.

To sum up: The combination seems to be Views + Add to Cart + IE. I'm not sure if this same behavior is observed in the default Catalog view, since we're not using it, but it'd be interesting to find out.

A possible solution would be to just use Cart Links on all of our catalog pages, but that seems a bit much, and won't help going down the road. I'm willing to dig into this myself; it's pretty much a priority that we get this fixed. Any ideas welcome.

EDIT to add: Interestingly enough, it's not a "multiple add to cart forms on a page" issue, because when I attempt the same process on a product page, where there is an Upsell (related products) block at the bottom, those add to cart buttons work fine.

--

torgosPizza's picture
Re: Re: Thanks, themseleves!

NOTE: My "steps to reproduce" above on RiffTrax.com will not work since I have fixed this issue on our site (with core caching enabled - still no solution for Boost yet).

I have found the issue and a solution. No cookie is set until a user submits the add to cart button for the first time.

See my Issue here: http://drupal.org/node/679422

(We need to add a uc_cart_boot() to uc_cart.module.)

--

lgb
lgb's picture
Juice: 23
Re: Thanks, themseleves!

Just another +1 on this solution for the anonymous users' phantom cart. My user 0 was magically gone!?? WHUT? I hadn't even migrated my db. In fairness, I recently had to throw around some custom code dealing with user auto-creation. Somehow UID 0 must've gotten zapped along the way.

THANKS SO MUCH to you guys for figuring this out. Saved me from a serious panic attack and lost sales!!

john_wind's picture
User 0 is the ticket! Cause, imported database...

Wow! I can't tell you how many hours I've been stumped on this same issue (non logged in users cart is empty). This did not happen with a clean install, only when I imported a database [from another install]. So an easy way to "add user 1" is just to add any user to Drupal. THEN go to the database and change that user ID to "0" and change name (user) to something like DON'T DELETE.

Thanks for the fix!@!@!@!@

--John

torgosPizza's picture
john_wind wrote:Wow! I can't
john_wind wrote:

Wow! I can't tell you how many hours I've been stumped on this same issue (non logged in users cart is empty). This did not happen with a clean install, only when I imported a database [from another install]. So an easy way to "add user 1" is just to add any user to Drupal. THEN go to the database and change that user ID to "0" and change name (user) to something like DON'T DELETE.

Thanks for the fix!@!@!@!@

--John

When you say "add user 1" I think you mean "add user 0". User 1 is the admin, User 0 is anonymous. Smiling

--

beefiron's picture
Just to say...

I had the same issue, and this solved it. Thanks to all those who contributed to this discussion - saved my bacon!

Also Garrett Albright's picture
Juice: 67

Same problem here; same solution. Our database somehow got it into its little head that UID 16 was the anonymous user. Resetting that back to zero fixed the problem.

Boy, am I glad that such a robust, high-quality enterprise database solution like MySQL has become the industry standard! And I'm not being sarcastic about this at all!

By the way, CasaDelGato, is that a friggin' mountain lion in your picture there? How is your face still intact? You are a brave man.

CasaDelGato's picture
Fixed for me as well

I just realized that I never replied to this thread.
I also created user 0, and that fixed the problem.
What I'm wondering is what happened to user 0 in the first place?

(And yes, that is a Mountain Lion. One of 3 I have.)