A few days ago I was very new to UberCart. After messing with the code for a few days, I really like this!
In any case, I have completed 90% of the updates needed to add the ability to upload a file as an attribute, but I'm running into a hitch.
So far I've done the following:
* Added a new a attribute option "User File Upload" which presents a form to the user.
* Modified this form so that it properly submits multipart data.
* Created a value callback function that creates a link to a token for a "Download Link for user 0 (Effectively hiding the download from the "My Download" links.
* Created a validation function which validates the files, moves them under the download links, and creates an entry in the uc_file_users table with the same token originally used in the value callback.
This all works beautifully with one small hitch.... the link I've added for the "Attributes" is getting escaped, so instead of a link its showing as the actual text of the link.
If I actually copy and paste the link out of the escaped HTML, it does in fact function properly downloading the file. As a result the issue appears to just be a display issue.
Once this last piece is working, all I need to do is code a little cleanup to clear out all of the files in the upload section that no longer has to do with a shopping cart and it should be ready to rock and roll.