3 replies [Last post]
spleener's picture
Juice: 20
Was this information Helpful?

Hi, received this in the email today from Paypal..

"In keeping with industry standards set by the Certification Authority/Browser (CA/B) Forum, PayPal will discontinue supporting 1024-bit key length certificates and will migrate to 2048-bit certificates before the end of 2013.

We have completed the installation of 2048-bit certificates for all API endpoints in our PayPal Sandbox and Payflow Pilot environments, and we will be doing the same for our production environments starting on August 6, 2013."

I have been happily using Ubercart on Drupal 6 for about 5 years without a flaw.. When I read this a tinge of panic set it.. Just wanting to make sure my Ubercart payments module was going to be okay this coming September..

Keep up the great work!!

end user's picture
Juice: 1728
Re: Paypal's new 2048-bit certificates coming late 2013..

Well UC2/D6 are both going to be eol pretty soon as Drupal 8 comes out so you will probably have to have someone custom code into the module what you require.

spleener's picture
Juice: 20
Okay so..

So you're saying the latest version of Ubercart is ready to roll with the new 2048 bit key that's coming in less than 8 weeks?

I can't find anything anywhere that addresses this.. I scoured over the update notes on UC2 and UC3 and saw nothing regarding this. As it stands my very functional, secure and stable website that's not broken doesn't work in the Paypal Sandbox which is now using the 2048 bit key.. August is coming soon.

ergophobe's picture
Juice: 135
Re: Okay so..

As I read it, it only affects Payflow integrations. Most people with Ubercart are using Website Payments Pro/Standard, so you should be good to go because it doesn't really impact Ubercart.

See https://drupal.org/node/2030733