12 replies [Last post]
nathan's picture
Juice: 37
Was this information Helpful?

Hi all,

how can use the different currency in my sites.(British Pound and Euro )

how can i implement this feature in my site?.

Please help me.

Thanks

Ryan's picture
Juice: 15459
Re: how can i impletement British Pound and Euro currency in my

There is no multi-currency support in the 1.0 version. You'll have to charge in one, but you can always modify your product displays to show a converted estimate in dual currency.

theflexator's picture
Juice: 2
hi Folks, Euro and some

hi Folks,
Euro and some common payment options for Europeans would be nice (paypal or something). Do you think about implementing this into your ubercard module?

CpILL's picture
Early adopter... addicted to alphas.Getting busy with the Ubercode.
Juice: 550
Re: Re: how can i impletement British Pound and Euro currency in

I might be interested in implementing this for a client, but it would it take a rethink of the data model or does the l8n module in D6 already allow you to switch nodes based on country (or is it just language?).

My client needs to calculate price differently for each part of the world as its not just a straight currency conversion issue but different tax and tariff rates for different parts of the world.

Uberdevelopment www.tsd.net.au/blog

CpILL's picture
Re: Re: how can i impletement British Pound and Euro currency in

HUmm, Magento has it worked out for multipule currencys:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/media/screencasts/currency/view

might be a good starting point for UCs interface when it hapens

TR
TR's picture
Bug FinderFAQ ModeratorGetting busy with the Ubercode.
Juice: 3294
Hi CpILL, Take a look at

Hi CpILL,

Take a look at http://www.ubercart.org/contrib/6102 and see if it does what you need.

<tr>.
ragavendra_bn's picture
Juice: 68
Hi Cpill

Magento seems very nice. I downloaded it. it seems to be 43.5mb to be uploaded. Sad

CpILL's picture
Re: Hi Cpill

Ya, I went off Magento as I couldn't even install it on my laptop and found the community support far behind UC. I guess they want you to pay for support but it seems like a headache for them if you ask me.

I was interested in the multi-currency thing as my client is warehousing in 4 different country's and Magento did multi-store/currency quite well (apparently). But I realised that you can have 4 Drupal+UC sites running off the one install and so have 4 different currency's and stock tracking fairly easily while sharing user login across sites (if needed). It doesn't have one shopping cart for all sites however, but this isn't a requirement really.

I now just have to figure out how to automatically direct them to the right store. I was going to base it on their IP but the data is not free and it seems like a lot of work. I'm thinking now on their user agent Language string...?

Anyone got an answer for this problem?

TR
TR's picture
Bug FinderFAQ ModeratorGetting busy with the Ubercode.
Juice: 3294
CpILL wrote:I now just have
CpILL wrote:

I now just have to figure out how to automatically direct them to the right store. I was going to base it on their IP but the data is not free and it seems like a lot of work. I'm thinking now on their user agent Language string...?

Anyone got an answer for this problem?

Try http://www.ubercart.org/contrib/6103

You'll have to add maybe 1 line to that module to make it do the redirect.

<tr>.
CpILL's picture
Re: CpILL wrote:I now just have

Thanks TR, I think I'm going to have to hack it to make it work in D6 but that shouldn't be a big deal ;0 (famous last word)

chf usd's picture
Juice: 3
CHF USD

The franc (sign: Fr. or SFr.; German: Franken, French and Romansh: franc, Italian: franco; code: CHF) is the currency and legal tender of Switzerland and Liechtenstein; it is also legal tender in the Italian exclave Campione d'Italia. The Swiss Franc versus the Dollar is commonly known as CHF USD Usual behaviour is if the Dollar gets stronger then the rate of CHF USD will go down against the Swiss Franc.On our pages you can find a 1 minute forex trading chart used for watching short term movements in rates, on the tabs above the forex chart you will find longer term views which show the previous movement around support and resistance in a forex trend.

pjriot's picture
Juice: 41
Ryan wrote:There is no
Ryan wrote:

There is no multi-currency support in the 1.0 version. You'll have to charge in one, but you can always modify your product displays to show a converted estimate in dual currency.

When you say in the 1.0 version - whats the approach in the 2.0 version? Sticking out tongue

volatility's picture
Juice: 3
Re: how can i impletement British Pound and Euro currency in my

I think that behaviour has to be built into the application. Microsoft and
Macromedia seem to support the ? symbol, whereas Textpad , a text editor
doesn't at least on my system.

volatility