25 replies [Last post]
BigMike's picture
Juice: 1100
Was this information Helpful?

Hello Ubercart,

I am wondering if any user of Ubercart is also using Fishbowl Inventory to manage their local warehouse inventory, purchasing, and sales order processing?

More information regarding Fishbowl Inventory can be found at their website:
http://www.fishbowlinventory.com/

I know Drupal supports Exporting/Importing as well does Fishbowl Inventory, so it seems all we need is a "go between" application that can export orders/credit cards/customers from Ubercart and import this data into Fishbowl Inventory, as well as export inventory quantities/pricing/sku from Fishbowl Inventory and import this data into Ubercart.

Both Ubercart and Fishbowl Inventory would compliment each other and provide additional flexibility in the market place.

Fishbowl Inventory's import/export feature is CSV-file based, which would be super easy to hook up with Drupal!

Currently, what we are doing, is customers place online orders, and then a member from our sales team must log into our Drupal website, browse to Ubercart's "Orders", and then transfer each and every online order BY HAND one-by-one to our Fishbowl Inventory software that manages our entire company.

We don't process credit cards online either, the plan right now is to have credit cards stored temporarily (no more than 24 hours) on our Ubercart system before it is copied BY HAND to Fishbowl Inventory where we do process credit cards locally in our building through our own processing terminals.

So you can see, if Ubercart and Fishbowl Inventory could communicate to one another, it would really make life on our sales personnel much simpler and free up their time to better focus on customer service.

Mike

BigMike's picture
Hey guys, I never knew there

Hey guys,

I never knew there was a QB Integration board here, so I just moved this thread from the Support forum to here.

After reading some other posts, what does the Ubercart Quickbooks Integration export file look like? Is it a CSV file? If so then this is most likely what I am looking for!

Can someone please help?

Thanks!
Mike

Robert Coker's picture
Juice: 2
Fishbowl Integration

I have done Fishbowl integration with ZNode cart, but not Ubercart.

BigMike's picture
Thanks Robert. I sent sent

Thanks Robert.

I sent sent you a PM regarding this. I know I can do this manually with CSV exports, but I am searching for an automated solution.

Any additional information you may have would be appreciated!

Mike

BigMike's picture
Re: Thanks Robert. I sent sent

Any update on this? Has anyone done this yet?

Thanks
Mike

duane.hinkley's picture
Juice: 5
Re: Integration with Fishbowl Inventory program?

DH Consulting is Fishbowl's perferred provider of Fishbowl integrations. They have written integrations for many online stores including Magento, ZenCart, AspDotNetStoreFront and others. If you still need one for Ubercart, check them out at www.dhITconsulting.com.

Duane Hinkley
Senior Developer
dhITconsulting.com

BigMike's picture
duane.hinkley wrote: DH
duane.hinkley wrote:

DH Consulting is Fishbowl's perferred provider of Fishbowl integrations. They have written integrations for many online stores including Magento, ZenCart, AspDotNetStoreFront and others. If you still need one for Ubercart, check them out at www.dhITconsulting.com.

Duane Hinkley

Hello Duane,

It has been nearly 1 and 1/2 years since I spoke on the phone with a DH representative and they still have not 1) contacted me back, nor 2) built anything for Ubercart (apparently).

Just for kicks I filled in the contact form on their website and sent in yet another request for integration with Fishbowl.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Mike

BigMike's picture
Duane- BigMike wrote: Just

Duane-

BigMike wrote:

Just for kicks I filled in the contact form on their website and sent in yet another request for integration with Fishbowl.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Mike

It has been over 1 week and still no reply. Obviously the company you recommended is not interested in Ubercart. Thanks for teasing me. Frankly your post should be deleted to prevent traffic from finding that company.

Mike

trevorwh's picture
Juice: 24
Re: Duane- BigMike wrote: Just

BigMike - do they have integration documentation for this? I was wondering if you had access to it as a customer...who knows, it may not actually be that hard to write a solution, but since I haven't worked for Fishbowl before I was wondering if they have something available on the documentation side.

All the best,

Trevor White
CEO & Founder
web dev with trev, LLC
http://www.webdevwithtrev.com

BigMike's picture
trevorwh wrote: BigMike - do
trevorwh wrote:

BigMike - do they have integration documentation for this? I was wondering if you had access to it as a customer...who knows, it may not actually be that hard to write a solution, but since I haven't worked for Fishbowl before I was wondering if they have something available on the documentation side.

Excellent idea, I will look into this today.

BigMike's picture
Re: trevorwh wrote: BigMike - do

I started the following topic on their forum:
http://www.fishbowlinventory.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=866&start=0

Sleaddventures's picture
Juice: 11
Re: duane.hinkley wrote: DH

We hired DH Consulting to implement their EZ Connector software to import orders from our shopping cart into Fishbowl Inventory. Nine months later, EZ Connector is still not fully operational, and DH Consulting has refused to work with us any longer. I called them several times a week for the first four months and sent dozens of emails, we received nothing but empty promises and evasiveness. We have worked with their VP of Sales and Marketing, Gary Welch, Tracy Peterson, Project Coordinator, Tammy Easton, technical support and even Duane Hinkley the president and senior developer. All of these individuals have made promises to us that were never kept, refused to take responsibility for the bugs and lack of functionality in the EZ Connector software and routinely exhibit a gross disinterest in resolving the issues we are experiencing. Reading between the lines I would guess that they have larger customers and projects to work on and no interest in treating their smaller customers with any semblance of good customer service.

We have been contacted by a current DH Consulting customer who is experiencing the same type of service we are. Their project is months overdue, they have spent thousands of dollars and all they have to show for it is a demo version of the product. They are understandably frustrated with DH Consulting primarily because they haven't acknowledged there is a problem and show no interest in wrapping it up within a reasonable amount of time.

Anyone looking to purchase EZ Connector would do well to contact Fishbowl and inquire about DH Consulting. Ask to speak with one of their VP's or talk with our personal Fishbowl account manager Michael Rossel (800-774-7085 x4170). They will tell you that over the past few years they have received many complains in regards to DH Consulting to the extent that they no longer recommend EZ Connector to their customers. Fishbowl was apologetic and understanding when I contacted them about our experience with DH Consulting. They even offered to give us an extra license.

Although she has a conflict of interest I have also spoken with Jeanne Tarazevits over at TaraByte Solutions and she substantiated the feedback I've received from others and experienced myself. Several of her customers previously did business with DH Consulting and because of the exceptionally poor customer service they were subjected too chose to do business elsewhere.

I have spent many hours researching DH Consulting, talking with Fishbowl, talking with people in the industry and looking for alternatives to EZ Connector. If anyone reading this post is in need of a software to sync data between Fishbowl and their eCommerce site I've heard good things about TaraByte Solutions. Both George Keliher and Israel Lopez at FishBooksPro have also been very helpful and I wouldn't hesitate to do business with them. I've linked to both companies at the bottom of this post.

I'm providing this feedback to encourage potential customers of DH Consulting to do their research and be aware that myself and others have not had a good experience with this company. If anyone would like more detailed information, names and contact info for people that can't post publicly, or anything else feel free to private message me or give me a call: 541-787-4208.

Jachin Scott

VP Operations | Ziplinegear.com

duane.hinkley's picture
Sleaddventures

Jachin Scott obviously had a bad experience with our company. I really wish everyone had a great experience but I'm sure you all know as IT professionals this is not always possible. When that happens we're normally able to come to some amicable resolution. Unfortunately you can see this didn't happen here.

Sleaddventures's picture
Juice: 11
DH Consulting

Based on the feedback I've received from Fishbowl and other DH Consulting customers I would venture to guess that an amicable resolution is a rarer occurrence than Duane would have you to believe. But don't take my word for it. I encourage anyone looking to do business with DH Consulting to do their own research. Contact Fishbowl, talk to TaraByte Solutions or FishBooksPro (links in my previous comment) and checkout this LinkedIn discussion on the topic:

http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Anyone-use-EZ-Connector-1640567.S.6001481...

fishhelp's picture
hey BigMike

Hi Mike,
did you find a solution for fishbowl ubercarts yet? I'm looking to do this as well and thinking of paying a programer to write the code. I have been working with the guys at www.fishbookspro.com but they aren't doing programing yet.

BigMike's picture
Re: hey BigMike

No, we have not, at least not yet. I am so freak'n sick and tired of Fishbowl it is the biggest pile of garbage software on the planet. Hopefully sometime this year we will get Ubercart integrated with Fishbowl. BTW your link points to an undeveloped site.

BigMike

fishhelp's picture
Re: Re: hey BigMike

sorry about the messed up link. this should work. http://fishbookspro.com/ the guy i'm working with there is named George, he's a good guy. i'm hoping I have a solution in 4-6 weeks. i'll keep you posted.

BigMike's picture
Quote:i'll keep you
Quote:

i'll keep you posted

Please do. Let me know if I can help out with this. We've been going 3+ years without any integration. No integration + bad Fishbowl software = not much fun.

Regards,
BigMike

Couldn't post because

Quote:

To complete this form, please complete the word verification below.

and again:

Quote:

To complete this form, please complete the word verification below.

zschiffelbein's picture
Juice: 9
Hi BigMike, I wanted to check

Hi BigMike,
I wanted to check on your search for a shopping cart integration. Were you able to get a solution to integrate Ubercart with Fishbowl Inventory? I am also happy to introduce myself as the new programmer for FishBooks Pro. As a company we are working to help companies in your situation to get the Fishbowl solutions they need. Our first step is a product we are about to release named FishEConnect. It is a PHP library for developers to use to easily integrate php-based sites and scripts with Fishbowl Inventory.

BigMike's picture
Re: Hi BigMike, I wanted to check

I am sorry to see yet another company is getting involved with Tilapiabowl Inventory. But I am glad to see someone is making integration with Ubercart.

"Our first step is a product we are about to release named FishEConnect"

Please hurry with this & keep this thread updated.

Thanks,
Mike

zschiffelbein's picture
Juice: 9
FishEConnect

Hi BigMike,
Thank you for your interest in our newest product. We are happy to announce the release of FishEConnect. Please feel free to give us call if you have any questions.

BigMike's picture
Re: FishEConnect

Great work, looks promising. I will take a look into this very soon!

Gary Welch's picture
Integration for UberCart to Fishbowl

Hello,

DH IT Consulting can provide this integrations for your Ubercart platform to Fishbowl. We have integrated over 17 e-commerce sites successfully to Fishbowl and have expertise and proven experience is automating this process. If you are interested in this integration please give me a call at 208-424-0572 and we can discuss in more detail. Also check out our ez-connector site for more detail on this integration. http://www.fishbowlezconnector.com/online_shopping_cart.php

BigMike's picture
Re: Integration for UberCart to Fishbowl

I've tried contacting DH Consulting about 2 years ago and never got a reply. Sent a few emails..... but we were also very busy too so I just stopped trying after the 2nd or 3rd email. Your website still does not list Ubercart as a compatible product...

BigMike's picture
Re: Re: Integration for UberCart to Fishbowl

Ha! I was searching around for my original thread and it's this one LOL

Gary Welch, please scroll up and read my replies #6 and #7.

Gary Welch's picture
Integration with Fishbowl Inventory program

Mike,

We do not list it on our web site as compatible since we have not done the integration yet. We have evaluated this cart and can integrate just haven't had a client yet want to move forward with this integration. Please give me a call or your phone number and we can discuss.