15 replies [Last post]
scorrales's picture
Juice: 29
Was this information Helpful?

I needed to have LinkPoint API integration with UberCart 2.x so I downloaded the one for 1.x off the site and started work on "porting" it over.

The biggest modification I did was update the .info file. I've also added a few additions to the code but nothing major. This is the first module I've ever worked on/modified so I'm open to suggestions or tips if you have them.

I included a README file with a few notes about lines users may want to comment out. One important note is that this is still set to point to the test server (staging.linkpt.net) instead of the live one.

I've only tested this a little bit, and haven't ran a live transaction so use at your own risk. This is pretty much exactly the same code base as the LinkPoint API for UC1.

PreviewAttachmentSize
uc_linkpoint_api.zip6.08 KB
neilticktin's picture
Juice: 27
Thanks ... is it working for you?

scorrales

Thanks for posting this. We're waiting for our new merchant account to go live tonight. I'm wondering if you found any additional info with this. Are you using it live now? Any issues?

Thanks again for posting this!

Neil

neilticktin's picture
Juice: 27
Thanks! And any more info?

scorrales,

First, thanks for posting this. Makes a huge difference for us.

I see you posted this a few weeks ago. Do you have any more info? Are you using it in production? Seeing any problems?

Thanks!

Neil

scorrales's picture
Juice: 29
Neil, I just finished up the

Neil,

I just finished up the first version of it earlier this week. As I said, it's pretty much a straight port of the existing LinkPoint API so any issues that were there in the UC 1.x version are in this one, as well. I've only ran transactions on the test server and they seem to post fine. But as far as using it in production? I haven't yet.

I've been working on this module more and I've implemented recurring billing using UC's recurring billing module. This is working but it looks like I'll be going back in and attempting to implement recurring billing using LinkPoint's recurring billing service. I'll post that as soon as I'm finished with it.

Please feel free to test it and let me know any issues you encounter!

fossle's picture
Juice: 77
has this worked for anyone on a live server?

Just curious if this module has worked for anyone on a live server? I installed today and put some orders through, but keep getting declined w/a message that "cannot connect to payment gateway".

I installed the module and changed staging to secure. Is there anything else I need to do? I have the pem file correct and the keys directory.

torgosPizza's picture
Bug FinderEarly adopter... addicted to alphas.Getting busy with the Ubercode.
Juice: 4107
Re: has this worked for anyone on a live server?

Neil is using it on his site, which is live. You need to verify that your module can access the pem file (sometimes can be prevented by an open_basedir restriction) and to make sure that you have cURL enabled on your server.

fossle's picture
you were right

Hi,

Thank you. My pem path was incorrect. I was able to get the transaction to work, but now I've run into the issue of having a duplicate order # so the transaction is declined by Linkpoint. I remember reading about this and having to change a table in Ubercart 5 to increase the order #. Do you know where I could find how to do this in 6 since the table from 5 is no longer being used.....

Thank you,
-Kim

TR
TR's picture
Bug FinderFAQ ModeratorGetting busy with the Ubercode.
Juice: 3284
Re: you were right

If you want the next order number to be 1234, run this SQL:

alter table uc_orders auto_increment = 1234;
fossle's picture
Re: Re: you were right

Thank you! This worked great and now I am taking orders!

jbenjamin's picture
Juice: 42
can't seem to finish the job

Hi folks,
first, im new to Ubercart, so please bear with me. I've installed the linkpoint api, set the path to the .pem and entered my store number, however, whenever i try to process an order i get :

"We were unable to process your credit card payment. Please verify your card details and try again. If the problem persists, contact us to complete your order."

I don't see anything in the logs that tells me what's up - anyone have any thoughts?

thanks in advance!

fossle's picture
Re: can't seem to finish the job

It sounds like you are on the right track. Did you make sure your credit card key file is set up correctly? Sometimes the pem path is not correct and you can't process an order. You should make sure it is the full path and that you included the pem file.

jbenjamin's picture
Juice: 42
Re: Re: can't seem to finish the job

thanks for the input. It turns out my hosting provider has has port 1129 blocked, and won't open it for two way traffic (makes sense). This essentially means curl isn't going to work for me. Is there a way around this? or am i going to have to use the Fullpay method and hand the transaction of to linkpoint? I'd really prefer not to have to do that, so if anyone has any ideas, please let me know Smiling

jrust's picture
Juice: 122
Re: LinkPoint API for Drupal 6.x/Ubercart 2.x

I tested it out and it worked fine. There's a couple caveats, but it may be linkpoint's issue rather than the module's.

First, if the credit card is declined the first time and then the user goes back and changes their credit card to something valid it will still decline them because now there is a DUPLICATE order number in the system. I tried having it VOID the order in the event of a decline, but that didn't seem to do anything. Not sure what the solution would be...

Second, even if the AVS doesn't match it doesn't decline it, but that's something that each store would have to decide anyhow.

jrust's picture
Juice: 122
Re: Re: LinkPoint API for Drupal 6.x/Ubercart 2.x

Just a heads up that I've posted the 6.x version as a module on d.o.: http://drupal.org/project/uc_linkpoint_api

Thanks for the work on it!

mullman's picture
Juice: 5
How to troubleshoot connection errors?

I'm getting the following error in the Drupal recent log entries after a test is declined, "Payment failed for order 6: Credit card payment declined: Sorry - Could not connect to payment gateway."

How can I troubleshoot the specific problem? I setup a test account on http://staging.linkpt.net/ and I'm pretty sure I configured everything properly including the PEM file that I got from that test system and the 10-digit store number. Is there anything else I should be looking for?

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

jtnatoli's picture
Juice: 12
Re: How to troubleshoot connection errors?

Hey if you ever got this fixed I would LOVE to know how. Thanks.