8 replies [Last post]
bongosdude's picture
Juice: 3
Was this information Helpful?

When I create a product, there is a drop down field "List Position" which I can "specify a value to set this product's position in product lists". There are only 50 positons in the list from -25 to 25. What if i have more than 200 products in the list and I want to maintain ordered position for every product in the list? Is there a way to change this list prosition from 0 - 200 instead of -25 to 25?

I perhap do not understand the concept of List Position here? Can someone explain?

Thanks

jlarysz's picture
Juice: 8
List ordering problem

I can't get list ordering to work at all. Ubercart product pages seem to come up in the order last edited first. Am I doing something wrong?

johnlutz's picture
Juice: 25
The table might have a sort override

I was having the same problem and couldn't see any change in the positions of the products when changing the List Position or by adding sort criteria to that view. Then I noticed that the table was being sorted by the title of the product when viewing the page. So, my answer was in the view of the page, look on the left at the Style of the view is Table. Click the little gear to edit the settings for the table view and you will see that there is are options for default sorting from the table that are overriding any other sorting that you have set in the view or in the individual products. Hope this helps someone.

TonyG's picture
Juice: 16
I have a solution?

This got me to the right spot. I got my products to sort correctly, though I do not know why this worked:

in the view of the page, look on the left at the Style of the view is Table. Click the little gear to edit the settings for the table view and you will see that there is are options for default sorting from the table that are overriding any other sorting that you have set in the view or in the individual products.

I deleted the default sorting by title. I added 'Node: Nid' and 'Node: Title'

So, basically I just pushed buttons - and now my products sort correctly. Hurah!

I hope this works for folks.

--------
T

Max
Max's picture
Juice: 14
Re: Product List Position

This isn't working for me either, even after the modification suggested. It seems to want to show products in the order they were originally added.

jlarysz's picture
Juice: 8
Product List Position

I ended up hacking the Ubercart code. It was ugly but I did get what I wanted. Ultimately I gave up on Drupal altogether. Wordpress seems to be a much cleaner and more solid CMS at this time.

Max
Max's picture
A solution

About 5 minutes after a post (isn't that always the way?) I found a solution and it works. The Nodeorder module. The drag and drop is touchy but it works.
Nodeorder

Max
Max's picture
but

I realized after the fact, its wreaking havoc with my aliased path names (i.e. its replacing them). Not SEO-friendly at all.. unless there's some solution? Has anybody else run into this?

mcctnt2000's picture
Juice: 6
List Position

To fix this problem all you have to do is define a "sort criteria" function for the view "uc_catalog". In order to do this (on drupal 7) go to Structure>>Views>>uc_catalog. Once you're there go to the bottom left hand corner and click "add" in the "sort criteria" area. After doing this scroll down to the option "Product: List Position" and then when it asks you to do extra configuration just make sure (asc) ascending is selected. Save the view and your products should now show up according to whatever listing weight you assigned to them.

AttachmentSize
uc_catalog view.jpg 286.63 KB