3 replies [Last post]
hassansr's picture
Juice: 17
Was this information Helpful?

Has anyone found a way for users to easily search for a specific product by name or sku with uc and drupal? the standard search function does not work and the only solution that I've been able to come up with is this:

Add the sku to the product name and use the search feature in views bulk operations to find the product where the name includes the sku number

for instance: Tire size 12, with sku 123 becomes 112 - Tire size 12

on search, VBO will find the product which can then be edited or viewed. this works well just as long as the person doing the searching is not a customer or if as admin you dont activate a bulk operation

is there a views function that we could create to enable both vistors and admins to search quickly and accurately?

Sci-Fi-Si's picture
Juice: 7
Did you have any luck?

I to am looking for a way to include the product SKU in search results.

Anyone out there now how it's done?

BigMike's picture
Juice: 1109
Re: Product Search by sku

Kyle posted a possible work-around for this (http://www.ubercart.org/comment/9790) but I can't figure out how to do what he is talking about.

I am almost to the point where I am going to learn how to create a database query to insert each SKU at the end of the description and have CSS hide this field, but one problem with this is if the product has attributes (which many of our products do) it will only insert the default SKU only.

Have you guys figured it out yet?

Thanks
Mike

jasonabc's picture
Uber Donor
Juice: 584
Re: Product Search by sku

We actually got this working by going to /admin/store/settings/products/edit/fields and checking the SKU checkbox. We are using a template that is not outputting this field. When we re-indexed the site, it was possible to search by SKU.