4 replies [Last post]
natcolley's picture
Juice: 48
Was this information Helpful?

Hi. First post. I've been looking at the live sites, and it seems like a lot of them are just Uber cart - the home page is the catalog, you click on what you want to buy, you check out, and that's it. So if there is Drupal here (and I acknowledge I'm not that familiar with either Uber cart or Drupal) I'm not seeing it. So, do I really need Drupal in order to install and use Uber Cart? Can I use it with Wordpress or some other php/mysql web app?

Alaska's picture
Juice: 1434
Re: Uber Cart Without Drupal, or With Another CMS?

Drupal is required.

http://drupal.org/project/ubercart

"Ubercart is an e-commerce suite developed for Drupal. It has been designed with the end user in mind, focusing on usability in three key areas: store configuration, product and catalog creation, and order administration."

Jim

torgosPizza's picture
Bug FinderEarly adopter... addicted to alphas.Getting busy with the Ubercode.
Juice: 4111
Re: Re: Uber Cart Without Drupal, or With Another CMS?

Drupal is required, but there is a version of it that you can install that runs almost as an "Ubercart store Only" version. Of course it still installs Drupal core, which means you can modify and add modules as you see fit.

http://install.ubercart.org/

But you still can't use it with other CMS. (And why would you want to?) Eye-wink

--
Help directly fund development: Donate via PayPal!

natcolley's picture
Juice: 48
Re: Re: Re: Uber Cart Without Drupal, or With Another CMS?

I probably don't want to, actually. I've been looking this over all evening and I am inclined to think I will move to Drupal specifically for Uber Cart. Currently I am using Wordpress, which is why I asked about that specifically.

I do have more questions, but they aren't on this specific topic, so I'll try another post for that.

gaperville (not verified)
gaperville's picture
Re: Re: Re: Uber Cart Without Drupal, or With Another CMS?

Drupal is Garbage! Its from wasted time and effort from so many pointless factors. WordPress needs to be a part of Ubercart! WP works, it functions and no waste of time. You also have nice people in the WP support forums, as Drupal support people are not. WP has upscale people that develop it as Drupal developers are from the mindset of a roach motel. I have been creating and developing websites for many years now and have never seen any worse than Drupal.