12 replies [Last post]
apeee's picture
Juice: 128
Was this information Helpful?

Is there option in Ubercart where shipping price can be defined according to country? E.g.: $5 for USA, $8 for Europe?

Lyle's picture
AdministratoreLiTe!
Juice: 6855
Re: Shipping price according to country?

With the flatrate module, you can make a different shipping method for each different region you want. When you have as many as you need, you can go to the Workflow-ng configurations under Site building and add conditions to them that checks the order's country. Each condition can check for more than one country, so you can get all the European countries at once.

finkpad's picture
Juice: 67
Re: Shipping price according to country?

Sorry to sound so Stoooooopid...

What you have described is exactly what I'm looking for.

My website is UK based and I split shipping by
(1) UK
(2) Rest of Europe
(3) Worldwide

with seperate shipping prices, per product, for these regions.

Can you spare a minute for us mentally challenged and explain the process for setting up flatrate & Workflow?

Cheers (fingers crossed)

Lyle's picture
AdministratoreLiTe!
Juice: 6855
Alright. In the Flatrate

Alright.

In the Flatrate settings, you can add a new shipping method by clicking the link. Fill out the form however you want, but I suggest using the same text for the Line Item Label for all three methods so the customer doesn't see the difference during checkout. You may have a good reason put different text there, though. Make shipping methods for UK, Europe, and the world. Then go to the Quote methods settings to enable the new flatrate methods.

This last part also makes new Workflow-ng configurations active. Go to Site building > Workflow-ng to see them. Click on the name of the configuration to add conditions to it. When you add a condition, select "Check an order's delivery country". The resulting form allows you to change the name of the condition, which I suggest you do. Select the countries that are appropriate for the configuration you clicked on earlier. Hold the Ctrl button to select multiple countries. For the Worldwide shipping, it's easier to check the Negate box and select all of the European countries (including the UK).

After adding conditions to all three configurations, you should be done. Go check out a few items and test changing the country field. The postal code field updates the shipping calculation when it's changed, or you can just click the button.

Hope that helps.

TR
TR's picture
Bug FinderFAQ ModeratorGetting busy with the Ubercode.
Juice: 3286
Re: Re: Shipping price according to country?

I'll take a crack at it. Assuming you have the current UC installed (Flatrate works differently in pre-Beta):

• Enable Flatrate module
  • Navigate to admin/store/settings/quotes/methods/flatrate, click "Add a new shipping method"
  • Fill out the four boxes:
    1. "Shipping method title" is your internal name which shows up in the admin menus. For example, "Shipping to UK".
    2. "Line item label" is how the shipping method will show up on the checkout page.
    3. "Base price" is minimum shipping charge for this method.
    4. "Default product shipping rate" is additional charge per product.
  • Use the Submit button to commit these settings
  • Now go to admin/store/settings/quotes/methods and check the box next to your newly created shipping method.

By default, this shipping option will show up for all orders. The trick now is to configure Workflow-ng so that it only gets applied to certain orders - in this example only orders sent to the UK.

• In the menu at admin/build/workflow-ng, click on the name of the shipping method you just set up. "Shipping quote via Shipping to UK" in our example.
  • Click on "Add a Condition"
  • Choose the option "Check an order's delivery country" and press the "Add" button.
  • From the selection of installed countries, choose "United Kingdom" and press "Add". (I don't know if you can select more than one country here, but you can certainly add multiple conditions, one for each country, then "OR" them together.)

And with that, you have made it so your custom Flatrate is applied only to orders sent to the UK.

Now you have to repeat the entire procedure above to create a shipping rate for the "Rest of Europe", and another one for "Worldwide". "Rest of Europe" will probably consist of multiple "Check an order's delivery country" conditions ORed together, while "Worldwide will consist of a condition where the delivery country is logical NOT one of the selected countries. You now have three shipping options enabled and active, but only one is in effect for any destination country.

<tr>.
finkpad's picture
Re: Re: Re: Shipping price according to country?

Excellent responmes thanks guys!

OK - I'll give it a whirl now and report back in a few minutes... fingers crossed.

zmove's picture
Bug FinderEarly adopter... addicted to alphas.Getting busy with the Ubercode.Internationalizationizer
Juice: 1195
Hi, You can do that with the

Hi,

You can do that with the worldquote module that is a little more flexible than the combination of flatrate and workflow.

With the worldquote module and region module, you can define set of countries and then, set a shipping quote with workflow for your set of countries. In addition, you can set different prices depending on the package weight and set a free shipping cost for a certain order amount.

finkpad's picture
Thanks Lyle and TR it worked

Thanks Lyle and TR it worked like a treat... and we now have this simple forum thread that will hopefully explain the process to those other ubercart noobs out there that want to do this... surely I cant be the only one :/ Eye-wink

zmove thanks for the advice. I did look at this module but was put off by the fact that the module page at http://www.ubercart.org/contrib/851 shows it is for version Alpha 7c and is still in Status: Awaiting moderation But I will have a look into it in more detail now I'm passed my first big hurdle.

Cheers.

zmove's picture
Bug FinderEarly adopter... addicted to alphas.Getting busy with the Ubercode.Internationalizationizer
Juice: 1195
Re: Thanks Lyle and TR it worked

If you look at the comments, I posted a version with some improvements and compatible with the latest beta 2. (notified compatible with alpha 8 but it works on beta too).

marco's picture
Juice: 16
it works

Hi, I followed the instructions as above and found it works great when a customer submits an order.
The problem comes with an administrator entering an order at admin/store/orders/create. The shipping gets charged twice. Eg worldwide shipping normally $30, gets $60.

Any suggestion where to look?

Thanks,

Marco.

Olympic's picture
Juice: 15
drupal 6.x I have enabled

drupal 6.x

I have enabled shipping quotes and flatrate but in Store administration > Configuration > I can't see the option for > Shipping quote settings

All the "depends on:" modules for shipping quotes and flatrate modules are enabled and the checkboxes for the two modules are checked but I can't see any shipping quotes links.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

Alaska's picture
Juice: 1434
Re: drupal 6.x I have enabled

See if this helps.....

admin/store/settings/quotes/methods/flatrate

dyrk (not verified)
dyrk's picture
Re: drupal 6.x I have enabled