7 replies [Last post]
regx@drupal.org's picture
Juice: 98
Was this information Helpful?

Product attributes should allow user submitted text.
For instance T-shirt (front text, back text)

I see the UT frame implementation has this.
I think I can use the form and node API to add what I need.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I am a Drupal module developer, but am new to Ubercart.

Examples

The UT frame store does this, and a site I am working on needs this, but I do not see any way to do it without writing a custom module.
Just a side note, your Google adds are promoting competing shopping cart / store solutions.

Um Duh

Well, after altering the product form and getting into the attributes I realized that your cart offers this functionality out of the box. - doh

But exactly what I needed thanks!
I think I am still going to need to make some adjustments, but this is one of the most configurable carts I have seen out of the box. Nice work!

Ryan's picture
Juice: 15459
Re: Um Duh

lol This was a fun thread to read. Thanks for stopping by, regx, and I'm glad you figured out the attributes thing. I've noticed competing carts in the Ads all the time... not entirely sure what to do about it, because I don't feel like administering our account to block them all. I figure we can make money off their ads and still have a better cart, so folks will come back even after they click away. Eye-wink

Andy's picture
Administrator
Juice: 1143
Competing Adds

I am with Ryan on the add thing. It is to much hassle to block adds we consider competing. Besides, Our goal is to help people find the best cart for their needs. We believe Ubercart is the best cart for many people and those people will come back here. If Ubercart is not the best option, I would rather you be happy with something else then unhappy with Ubercart. Especially if you clicking on an add to find your best solution generates some revenue for Ubercart and the person who created the thread. (If you create an account and enter your adwords id, you receive something like 20% or 40% of the revenue from your posts.)

Peace,
Andy

Re: Competing Adds

Thanks Andy, good to know about the adwords id.

c0psrul3's picture
Juice: 95
WONDERFUL

i've been using ubercart for a few months now in about 2-3 projects and i just found a reason to try the attributes functionalities

this is frickin' sweet.
everyone needs to build product classes with attributes NOW it is all so much easier.

p.s. i'm excited

Re: Re: Um Duh

Understood, and I respect your attitude - may all the competing ads inspire you to make Ubercart the best cart on the net!