12 replies [Last post]
trevorlee_nc's picture
Juice: 23
Was this information Helpful?

Under orders, it seems like it will be easy to add a print icon and link to the printable invoice, and also open it into a new window, I'm going to try it here when I get a chance and will post what I come up with here...

But and I'm totally not sure how it would get done, but a send all invoices to printer would be nice for merchants who will look at and want to print their orders once or twice a day...thoughts?

-TrevorLee

Ryan's picture
Juice: 15459
Re: Print Invoice & Print All Invoices Options

A print icon would be cool and handy, though I think it's considered a "best practice" guideline to not open things up in new windows any more (esp. with the development of tabbed browsers). I don't know how to handle dumping output to the printer, but Google's done it somehow with e-mail so I'm sure it's possible. It would probably involve loading all the content up in a document with page breaks and then using JS to print the document... but I've had trouble in the past enforcing page breaks on things like this.

nicksageek's picture
Bug Finder
Juice: 54
Batch print invoices

Trevor and Ryan, I to would like to see a batch print of the invoices. Something like the new CSS page-break style may help: http://www.theenglishguy.co.uk/2007/03/09/page-break-css-properties/

Hope to see this feature soon. We currently pull the data from the database and use another program to create Invoices, which is only a work around for the time being.

Mariano's picture
Juice: 110
Re: Batch print invoices

Yeah. I would be interested as well in seeing a batch printing option.
I used to accomplish this (not for UC) by means of a couple of add-ons for firefox, i.e. 'Universal Print' and 'Snap Links', another tool for batch-opening links in tabs.

@nicksageek: How did you manage to grab the data from the DB? Which program did you use to create the invoices?

Thanks =)

StephenGWills's picture
Uber DonorBug FinderEarly adopter... addicted to alphas.Getting busy with the Ubercode.Not Kulvik
Juice: 415
Re: Re: Batch print invoices

All i ever do anymore is bump my bosses wish list! (sorry) Sad Has anyone solved batch order printing yet?

realworksmedia's picture
Juice: 107

This hack around line 3194 of uc_order.module works for me:

if (user_access('edit orders')) {
$alt = t('Print @order_id.', $order_id);
$actions[] = array(
'name' => t('Print'),
'url' => 'admin/store/orders/'. $order->order_id .'/invoice/print',
'icon' => '',
'title' => $alt,
);
}

It adds a print icon after the edit icon. Just loads the standard html invoice page so its more of a shortcut than a bulk print option.

Paul

sterg17's picture
Juice: 126
any update

Any update on this? How are you guys printing multiple invoices with Ubercart?

I tried installing the Ubercart Bulk operations, but im getting it being blank as in the picture. Any advice?

AttachmentSize
Picture1.png 29.64 KB
ergophobe's picture
Juice: 135

Ubercart Views has the ability to add checkboxes and then create a button that says "Print Invoice" - this will bulk print your invoices

https://drupal.org/project/uc_views

Dubber Dan's picture
Juice: 74
Re: Re: Print Invoice & Print All Invoices Options

@ ergophobe - sounds useful, can you explain more?

ergophobe's picture
Juice: 135
Re: Re: Re: Print Invoice & Print All Invoices Options

just install the module, and enable Views Bulk Operations module. You'll have the chance to build a view with a Print Invoices bulk op. Create such a view and you're done!

Dubber Dan's picture
Juice: 74
Re: Re: Re: Re: Print Invoice & Print All Invoices Options

Ah right, I thought it was out of the box. Will have to have a play around, thanks

sterg17's picture
Juice: 126

How would you create a view, that would print all invoices?

I guess you would create a view that would display all the the invoices on one page, and then print that. But how would you create such a view?

mikeede's picture
Juice: 28
Re: Re: Print Invoice & Print All Invoices Options

Can anyone help with this? Can someone do a step by step walkthrough on how to do a bulk invoce print (have bulk operation, views and UC views all installed and up to date)

Would be prepared to pay for the help.

Many thanks,

Mike