2 replies [Last post]
JonW's picture
Juice: 94
Was this information Helpful?

Per this old post, I think having a BACK button that can be enabled on the product page to either take a visitor back to the previous page, or back to the product list or Category page would be a great idea.

http://www.ubercart.org/forum/support/405/back_product_list_link_or_button

I just completed a usability review of my store prior to launch, and it was the number one requested item by a small focus group.

Lyle's picture
AdministratoreLiTe!
Juice: 6855
Re: Back to Product List Button.

Is there a reason your visitors can't use the Back button in their browser? The only place that doesn't work so well is after they have completed an order. But then, not many people would want to go to the catalog after purchasing something, I don't think.

JonW's picture
Juice: 94
its a usability thing...

Sure they CAN use the back button, but it is not friendly - and I am trying to make purchasing online as safe, comfortable, and friendly as possible - and this lack of clarity on where to go was one of the main things they identified.

I think people know they can use the back button, but when they are in the middle of a transactional process, the best way to make them feel confident is to not force them to leave your set of provided controls.