9 replies [Last post]
Alaska's picture
Juice: 1434
Was this information Helpful?

Have been noticing a number of requests to use Uber without the need to register or login to make a purchase.

The invoice generated at uc_order/templates/customer.itpl.php contains login information. While this can be changed by editing it would be nice to have a selection of two invoices with a check box. One for Uber with login information and the other without. And maybe a third box to upload your own creation.

Jim

Ryan's picture
Juice: 15459
Re: Customer Invoice - Login vs No Login

There's a category in the contrib directory for templates and things... I don't want to get into providing too many different invoices in core, b/c there can be any number of requests on things to include. However, if we build up a good directory of templates that specify what they provide, I think users will be better served in the long run.

Partly, we just need a much better default invoice template, too. Sticking out tongue

Alaska's picture
Invoice

Ryan:

Yes, I see your point. Adding too much flexibility does have its own set of issues. Having others to choose from and just replacing a customer.itpl.php would be an excellent solution.

Did change that one out. However, could not find a way to proof it prior to making it live. In localhost it would not run as it is not setup for email and if run directly in PHP it would get tripped up on echo t and not display. Is there a way to have it send an email without the need to run it through sandbox or a live PP site? Or some other way to view your text mods?

Jim

Ryan's picture
Re: Invoice

Great question I should document somewhere... to preview your customer template just head to the invoice tab on an order and it should display there in the window. Smiling

Alaska's picture
Invoice

That is a nice feature. Thanks for the heads up on where to find it.

admin/store/orders/3/invoice

Jim

Alaska's picture
Invoice Display

Ryan:

Gave your suggestion a try. The invoice is displayed with the new logo. However, the text is removed so it is not the same invoice display that is generated by customer.itpl.php. i.e. looks like "Want to manage your order online?" and "Where can I get help with reviewing my order?" are removed from the invoice for this display to simplify the display.

One workaround, to see that customer invoice without doing a real PayPal purchase is to add "other" as an payment option. Selecting other at checkout sends the form back by email for inspection.

Another possibility would be to disable the sending of both customer.itpl and admin.itpl. When using PayPal it does not seem necessary to receive a conformation from both PP and Uber for the purchased item. Perhaps just deleting these two files from the folder would do the trick, but not sure if something else downstream would be effected.

Jim

Ryan's picture
Re: Invoice Display

I suppose a lot of this would be cured by getting rid of the notifications module and instead using workflow to handle custom e-mail notifications. I'm at a loss for how to proceed here at the moment, though.

Alaska's picture
Cart Mods

Ryan:

It is not a major issue. Just something that could be useful, but only if a number of other users feel that way. The idea is to make the cart usable for the majority and not make mods that will be confusing or not used by the majority of users.

What are your thoughts on just either renaming or removing the customer and admin itpl.php files so that they will not be sent via email. Or are there other issues with this suggestion? i.e. php errors, etc.

Jim

Ryan's picture
Re: Cart Mods

If you don't want them sent, you can just disable the module... so maybe I'm not sure what you mean. Puzzled You can also just make your own template (or use the web interface in the notification settings) or copy/modify the original one to remove the parts you don't want.

Alaska's picture
Checkbox

Ryan:

Your suggestion is 100% right on!

Checked /admin/store/settings/notify/edit/checkout and yes there is a place to check that will stop the sending of the customer email (assume that it is customer.itpl.php). And a place to create your own template. It looks like this field will require the same code (PHP/HTML) that is used to generate the original customer.itpl.php form, but modified as needed.

Jim