5 replies [Last post]
apeee's picture
Juice: 128
Was this information Helpful?

These are some of the features which I (of course many others) would like to see in ubercart.

1. Promo Code: Value reduction either by percentage or fixed amount. Types:
a). Duration limited promo code (1st Dec. 07 - 24th Dec. 07).
b). One time (say: x time) promo code.

2. Bulk Discount: Value reduction either by percentage or fixed amount. Types:
a). Discount when customer buys a single product in quantity.
b). Overall discount on total value.

3. Multiple Photos: Many times one single photo is not enough for a customer to purchase an item, so adding multiple (more than 1 in the same page) could help them to make the correct selection.

hedac's picture
Juice: 144
Re: Promo Code, Bulk Discount & Multiple Photos

look for the Discounts module in contributions...

and you can already add more images Smiling

Scott M. Sanders's picture
Juice: 326
Re: Re: Promo Code, Bulk Discount & Multiple Photos

Anyone searching "promo code" and finding this first, please note that discounts module does not do codes, rather this related coupons module does instead:

http://drupal.org/project/uc_coupon

jklcom99's picture
Juice: 29
Re: Re: Promo Code, Bulk Discount & Multiple Photos

I realize that Product supports multiple images. But how can I tell it to show only the first image in Catalog view or any other view that I created?

apeee's picture
Juice: 128
Re: Promo Code, Bulk Discount & Multiple Photos

Thanks. Is there any bulk discount module? I mean when a customer buys same product more than one then he/she shall get discount. Like: 1 shirt $10/per pc. 2-3 shirt $9/per pc. 4-5 shirt $8/per pc. 5+ $7/per pc.

BigMike's picture
Juice: 1100
Hey guys, I understand this

Hey guys,

I understand this applies a discount...

But what we are looking for is a way to enter a Promo Code that would then unlock or provide additional goods to the customer.

For instance, a promo could be, "Buy a Blue widget, and get a Green widget for free! Simply enter promo code #1234 during checkout" so that when the person adds a Blue widget to their cart and proceeds to check out, he could then enter the promo code that would add the Green widget to his order automatically and for free.

This needs to also function such as, "Buy a Blue widget and get a Red widget for $5!" or "...and get a Red widget for half price!"

What do you guys think?

Currently, when we have specials like this, we have to create an entirely new Product just for a sales promo, give it some picture, weight, dimensions, etcetera... it's a lot of work. And typically it's like a "For this week only!" type deal, so we are constantly creating temporary Products just for some promotion and then deleting the Product from the website in less than a week.

It would be nice,
Thanks,
Mike