9 replies [Last post]
Sk8erPeter's picture
Juice: 15
Was this information Helpful?

Hello everybody!

I've already tried to get an answer on Drupal Stack Exchange, without any luck, so I ask you, the Ubercart experts. Smiling

Can I somehow disable "Review payment" site after paying with "Express Checkout" method via PayPal?

Please look at the screenshot right here: [Review payment].

Why is it even needed?
Why do we assume that our customers who pay via PayPal "Express Checkout" do have a company? (There is the field "Company".)

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thank you very much in advance!
Pete

andreamarts24's picture
Juice: 3
Re: How to disable "Review payment" after PayPal Express Checkou

We're on the same track. When I am going to have shopping online and pay the,m through my Paypal account they always use to ask for a company name, sounds annoying! I actually ask question that is it necessary?? I'm looking forward for the answers of this following queries!

Sk8erPeter's picture
Thanks for confirming this annoying problem

I thought it just annoyes me. Maybe this process could be overwritten with some kind of modules, I haven't tried it yet. But this seems a little bit ugly and dirty "hacking"... I don't really understand why this is the default behaviour, I think it doesn't really make sense at all.
Express Checkout would normally mean a fast solution for online payments via PayPal for any kind of customers - not just for business partners or something similar.

longwave's picture
Juice: 621
Re: Re: How to disable "Review payment" after PayPal Express Che

There is an option to disable the company field in the PayPal Express Checkout settings page in Ubercart.

Sk8erPeter's picture
WHERE?!

You weren't too verbose... I haven't found any settings like this. Could you be a little more specific? Where is it?
Could you illustrate it with a screenshot?
Thanks.

longwave's picture
Re: WHERE?!

In Drupal 6/Ubercart 2 go to /admin/store/settings/payment/edit/gateways and expand PayPal Website Payments Pro then Express Checkout.
In Drupal 7/Ubercart 3 go to /admin/store/settings/payment/method/paypal_ec and look towards the bottom of the page.

Sk8erPeter's picture
"Credit card" module is disabled on my site

Thanks for the answer, but this didn't solve the problem.
I'm currently using Express Checkout via a PayPal Sandbox (if this does matter), and the "Credit card" module is disabled on my site, because I don't want to handle users' sensitive data (like credit card numbers, etc.), I would like to force them to log in on PayPal site, type their data there, and pay.

So on the site you mentioned, I can only find this: "You must enable the Credit Card module to use PayPal Website Payments Pro."
I don't really want to enable this module while I don't need it.
But this also would mean it's not the place where I'd have to change settings, is it?

Any other solutions?

longwave's picture
Re: "Credit card" module is disabled on my site

The settings are hidden here, this is a known bug. Enable the credit card module; you don't have to use it - or you should be able to disable it again after changing the Express Checkout settings.

Sk8erPeter's picture
You're the man, longwave!!! Problem SOLVED!

You were right, after enabling "Credit card" module, I could set everything related to "Review payment", and uncheck the unnecessary things like "company name", "contact phone number", "comment text box", etc.
This really seems like a stupid Ubercart-bug, but thanks longwave, this really solved my problem!!
No stupid questions before purchasing anymore. Smiling
I'm happy about that!

A screenshot from /admin/store/settings/payment/edit/gateways for others who have the same problem:
http://i.imgur.com/NBF60.jpg

Best regards,
Pete

jorja12's picture
Juice: 3
Re: How to disable "Review payment" after PayPal Express Checkou

There is actually a company field that has been provided in the paypal. I also experience the same and I an happy that I wan not having any problems here.