7 replies [Last post]
diegohermes's picture
Juice: 147
Was this information Helpful?

I'm using in several projects the module dhtml menu, it makes menu itens been collapsible, very nice, i was thinking if its possible to add this funcionality in the ubercart catalog, you click in a category and the subcategorys slides down (i dont know if the term is right), or maybe only an integration between both, i really doesn't know what is the more simple solution.

I know that is not critical issue but it will be a nice add to ubercart.

psynaptic's picture
Early adopter... addicted to alphas.Not KulvikTheminator
Juice: 729
Re: DHTML catalog

All defined menus in Drupal get a DHTML menu automatically. It would be great if Ubercart's Catalog block could generate a menu. This would mean one could edit the structure of the menu easily as well.

psynaptic's picture
Re: Re: DHTML catalog

I've just come across this post on drupal.org:

Menu items that are not links

If the Ubercart catalog was a real Drupal menu then it would allow menu items to not be links. I've wanted to structure the menu like this in a couple of projects so far. If Ubercart's catalog was a fully fledged Drupal menu it would open things up for more customisation.

Lyle's picture
AdministratoreLiTe!
Juice: -40968
Re: Re: Re: DHTML catalog

There is a module called Taxonomy Menu that does exactly that. The problem with this idea is that the paths have to be unique, and the only way you can insure that is using the term ids. That makes for ugly URLs, especially with deeply nested taxonomies (taxonomy_menu/31/49/18/59 ...).

I tried having term paths with all the parents' names in the URL, but when the names aren't unique, it's buggy and hard to maintain.

mikejoconnor's picture
Juice: 536
Re: Re: Re: Re: DHTML catalog

Could we fix the ugly urls by using the pathauto api?

psynaptic's picture
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DHTML catalog

@Lyle: Thanks for that. I had this module on my desktop for a few days but forgot why I downloaded it. I've just tested it out on a local test site and it works a charm.

@mikejocnnor: You just need to create an alias for the taxonomy_menu path and the menu urls automatically change to the aliases. You've just gotta love Drupal!

mishakogan's picture
Juice: 16
rich, I have ubercart

rich,

I have ubercart catalog set up as menu (ussual setting). That has deep tree (sub--> subsub-->subsubsub ...)
how can I set up taxonomy manu to be used with that catalog-generated-menu?

iainH's picture
Juice: 3
Re: Re: Re: Re: DHTML catalog

Thanks for the pointers to Taxonomy Menu which made the menu look a lot better but didn't give me any new ways to make the menu collapsable ... I want it to behave just like Navigation menu, for example , which only has one subtree open . I have more than 3,000 products on the database categorized by 8 ProductTypes and 70 SubType i.e. a very shallow, very broad tree of menu items.,

Just about every combination of Taxonomy Menu options has left me with either a dissappeared menu or one that stays fully open all the time, showing just the products in one SubType category. I set up all producst to belong to a SubType. Just can't see what is making this Menu so different from Pimary Secondary and Navigation. I'd vale anyone's help as to how I can sort this out.