1 reply [Last post]
pcoghlan65's picture
Juice: 28
Was this information Helpful?

I am running ubercart (6.x-2.4) in my Drupal 6 installation and received an email from a member that purchased a product saying the provinces/states drop down box for his country (Thailand) contained odd characters.

He attached a screenshot which pretty much contained items such as those I do see in the database for country 764, see below:

à ¸à ¸£à ¸¸à ¸‡à ¹€à ¸—à ¸žà ¸¡à ¸«à ¸²à ¸™à ¸„à ¸£
à ¹à ¸¡à ¹ˆà ¸®à ¹ˆà ¸­à ¸‡à ¸ªà ¸­à ¸™

I would accept that possibly these are something like characters that doen't exist in my keyboard language so they appear as this EXCEPT he is in Thailand, is Thai and also sees odd characters. I looked on this site and found a thailand.cif file and the entries all look the same...??

Whilst on this track I noticed several countries in my country table that look the same...

Ελλάδα
ایراÙâ€
Perú
Україна

Each of these DO appear to be countries that use non-standard (for me!) characters but I dont know whether they will appear correctly to those they are intended for or not. Iw ouldnt be worried except my Thai member in Thailand, using a Thai computer also saw these odd characters.

As you can tell, I am a little lost here.

Any help appreciated.

Paul

pcoghlan65's picture
Juice: 28
Re: Thailand country/zones and odd characters in checkout.

An update in the event anyone else has the same issue.

I fixed this for Thailand AND about 20 other countries by deleting them and re-importing then. I suspect a database character set issue when moved servers a few months back.

No strange characters now!

Paul