4 replies [Last post]
pcoghlan65's picture
Juice: 28
Was this information Helpful?

I have what is probably a silly question.

My site is in English, members pay to see English content regardless as to their location.

Similarly, the ubercart install is in English and members input their details into an English language screen/cart.

However, for certain countries (Greece, China, Japan, Thailand and so on) the countries/regions are listed in non-English characters. Maybe there is some logical reason that I cannot think of right now at 5AM but wouldn't it make sense to have English versions of the regions to match the rest of the site?

If the answer is yes, it would make sense to have them but we just don't have them then OK, that makes sense.

It just looks odd to have someone called John Smith at 123 High Street, Bangkok followed by พระนครศรีอยุธยา.

Thanks,
Paul

Fonant's picture
Juice: 18
Re: English versions of non english countries?

I have this problem for a UK-based online shop too. The shop ships to places like Japan, and, while Ubercart is cleverly formatting the address, and handling foreign characters, the fulfilment house needs the addresses to be in "English" format and layout.

I may well end up writing a custom module to add the ability to have the regions as English transliterations.

kriskhaira's picture
Re: English versions of non english countries?

I'm in the same situation right now. How did you solve this issue?

kriskhaira's picture
Re: Re: English versions of non english countries?

It's ok. Got it solved here:
http://drupal.org/node/1069950

Fonant's picture
Re: Re: English versions of non english countries?

I started writing a custom module, but ran out of time so just manually edited the names in the database table.