9 replies [Last post]
sistegraf's picture
Juice: 33
Was this information Helpful?

Hello,

Can somebody please tell me if there is a module that do this:

1.- Need to input the price for a product in US dollars.
2.- Once the product is active the price should be displayed in mexican pesos, using
the actual currency rate, based on the price assigned to that product when it was created.
3.- The currency exchange rate should update via web, so the product prices are always up to date.

I installed the multicurrency module but as much as I have used it, it does not do what I need.

Any ideas?

Thank you for your time.

TR
TR's picture
Bug FinderFAQ ModeratorGetting busy with the Ubercode.
Juice: 3283
Re: Currency converter question

The Multi-currency module does everything on your list. So when you say it doesn't do what you need, I can only guess that you're not using it right or that you have other requirements you haven't mentioned. Either way, can't help unless you specify exactly what problems you're having.

<tr>.
sistegraf's picture
Currency

Guess I´m not using the module right.

I red the instructions again and my next approach will be:

1. Set the store default country to USA so prices will be in USD.
2. Either ask the visitor to choose his country manually (I don´t like this option) or with the uc_ip2country module. I have a question here, it says in the manual: " Or you can link this choice to internationalization and language selection." Can you please tell me how to do that?
3. Once that is completed I will use those settiong to see if it works as I want it to.

Thanks for your time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, did what I posted earlier. This are the results:

1. Added the profile module and a new list so users must select the country when they register. Just 3 options: Mexico, USA and Other.

2. In store admin/multi currency settings I selected: If user is not logged on, Display Price for Default Country. Also default country was set to Mexico.

3. When I visit the site as anonymous, prices are displayed in USD instead of the selected MXN and are re converted as if the input price was in MXN. So lets say the original price when the article was created is 1000.00USD, the anonymous user price is displayed as 72.46 instead of 13,800.00MXN.

4. When I logon as an authenticated user, having selected my country as Mexico, the conversion is made right and prices are displayed correctly in MXN.

5. Just to see what happened I changed the country of the above authenticated user to USA, and the prices didn´t change.

I know I´m near but cannot figure out how to complete the process, please help.

Thank you.

cloe123's picture
Juice: 58
Re: Currency

hi sistegraf...is your problem solve already?
can you share it with us..i have also the same problem for number3.

thanks
cloe.

sistegraf's picture
Problem not solved

Hello,
I have not been able to make progress on this matter as I haven´t had the time.
Now I´m trying to install Drupal 6 + Ubercart 2 but I´m noticing there´s no multi-currency application for those versions.
Do you know about any other approach?
Thanks . . .

TR
TR's picture
Bug FinderFAQ ModeratorGetting busy with the Ubercode.
Juice: 3283
Re: Problem not solved
<tr>.
sistegraf's picture
Went back to 5

Hello,

After having so much trouble upgrading to Drupal 6 + Ubercart 2, I decided to keep the original Drupal 5 + Ubercart.

So my currency conversion problem is still the same:

When I visit the site as anonymous, prices are displayed in USD instead of the selected MXN and are re converted as if the input price was in MXN. So lets say the original price when the article was created is 1000.00USD, the anonymous user price is displayed as 72.46 instead of 13,800.00MXN.

Being an online store I guess the anonymous visitor should be able to see the prices before deciding on register and buying at the site, thats why I need the module to function like that.

The module works perfectly with admin or authenticated users.

I uploaded the ip2country module (even if it said it won´t work with anonymous users)to see what happened. When I click "IP-based determination of Country" then the "save configuration" button, the following error displays:

"Fatal error: Call to undefined function uc_ip2country_update_database() in /home/zimmx/public_html/drupal/sites/all/modules/ip2country/uc_ip2country.install on line 48".

I just need a little push, please help.

Thank you

sistegraf's picture
Default currency

Hello,

I decided to go with the option that says "login to see prices" for anonymous users.

Following the instructions in multi-currency module, I´m creating each of the store products with the default currency.

"When creating products, currencies are assumed to be entered in the database in units of your store's default currency (USD)"

When I log in as admin or authenticated user the price reflects the conversion to pesos. That works nicely.

When visiting the site as anonymous the conversion gets done backwards. What I mean is that the original amount is divided by the currency conversion rate, so I end up with a fraction of the price to charge.

Shouldn´t the price shown be the same as the price entered?

Thanks for your time.

sharetips's picture
Juice: 3
share tips

Very good post, I was really searching for this topic, as I wanted this topic to understand completely and it is also very rare in internet, that is why it was very difficult to understand.
Thank you for sharing this.
regards:
share tips

martin86's picture
Juice: 3
How do you do I understand

How do you do

I understand that post has grown old, but I want to know - an analogue multicurrency for Drupal 6? multicurrency dev works depends on with currency, currencyapi modules total their collaboration this WSoD.
Wake kind, please answer my question. Very grateful and thank