3 replies [Last post]
Guest's picture
Was this information Helpful?

This is probably an overly obvious question, but is anybody currently working on a QuickBooks integration?

I'm reading through the QuickBooks Web Connector documentation right now and it doesn't seem excessively odious. If anybody has any pointers I wouldn't mind hearing about them. Otherwise I'm plunging in blind.

Ryan's picture
Juice: 15453
Hey Clay, I'm the QuickBooks

Hey Clay,

I'm the QuickBooks guy for our company, and this was coming due... but then the crash happened and I've had to spent the last week or so recovering the site. I won't be working on this until September, but I'll be sure to repost the QuickBooks Integration docs today.

Until then, I'll put up a sticky post in this forum with my old files. There will be a nice big fat disclaimer as to usability and code level... this was my first big PHP app, so you'll have to bear with me. Eye-wink

bthomas (not verified)
Guest's picture
Ryan,I downloaded your

Ryan,
I downloaded your files and checked them out, taking note of what you did with what. I created an index.php that looked pretty much like your nuserver.php and created the appropriate functions. I can't seem to get past the authorizatoin step though. The QuickBooks Web Connector keeps telling me:
QBWC1012: Authentication failed due to error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object See QWCLog for more details.

Did you ever encounter this with your work?

Ryan's picture
Juice: 15453
Re: Ryan,I downloaded your

You know, I got a lot of error messages and I can't remember many of them ever being helpful. Sticking out tongue Just remember you need to have QuickBooks open w/ the company file open you want to import to from your web app. The username is defined in the .qwc file and the password is sent unencrypted based on what's entered in the Web Connector itself. I'd just start making debug logs in your script to see where the breakdown occurs... maybe it's not even initializing the SOAP server right?