3 replies [Last post]
Chris Lozinski's picture
Juice: 5
Was this information Helpful?

Hi there Ubercarters

I am a newy to Ubercart and wonder if any solutions have been found to be able to charge for hiring a service which has an hourly rate attached. So a customer may hire a service for 1, 2 or 3 hours etc at a flat rate of so many £s/$/€ per hour.

Is there a module for this or some other solution?

Any suggestions advice etc would be really appreciated

Chris Lozinski

Ryan's picture
Juice: 15459
Re: Hourly rate for hire service

Hmm... the closest, simple thing I've seen is folks using the Qty. field built into Ubercart and marketing the product as "One hour of service."

Chris Lozinski's picture
Juice: 5
Thanks for the suggestion

Hi Ryan
Thanks for the suggestion.

I was hoping for something a little more purpose built. I have been looking at http://www.openresort.org/ which uses a patched version of Ubercart designed for hotel/room bookings. Some of these features are ideal e.g. 'nights available' and the wording can be altered by the Drupal locale module to something more suited e.g. 'hours available'. I want to automate as much as possible so will have to keep exploring. Let me know if you can think of anything else.

kafmil's picture
Juice: 26
Has anyone worked further on this?

I would really like to be able to this in ubercart, I have a drupal site using civicrm, I am going taking a look at the rebuilding the civi event section to allow me to do this, as hiring is very much a part of the membership for my site. However, if ubercart can do hiring of gear that would make my life heaps easier.