1 reply [Last post]
DanLanglois's picture
Juice: 48
Was this information Helpful?

TR suggested in this thread that:

'Sections such as "Contributions" are obsolete because Drupal projects should be hosted on Drupal.org like all other Drupal projects. Besides, "Contributions" mainly contains stuff that is no longer relevant (stuff that's now in Ubercart core, stuff that works only for the outdated Drupal 5 version of Ubercart, stuff that doesn't work, etc.).'

This is a rather large point--and I do take the case to be made, that the 'contributions' section on Ubercart.org is counterproductive. Better, might be if Ubercart.org had some documentation/tutorials/help offered to get a Drupal project sandbox. Maybe Ubercart.org could also provide only a convenient index to ubercart modules etc. on drupal.org, but not a way to upload them to Ubercart.org as 'contributions'.

This could be a much wordier post, if there's still any debate left? If the plan is to take the module contributions functionality on Ubercart.org down, I'm not sure if an exception ought not to be made for other types of contributions, is it too much to ask people to post themes to drupal.org, for example? If it is, then I suppose the ideal would be to fix that, rather then kludge up a workaround here, but I've an open mind..

Would there be multiple benchmarks involved in taking module contribution functionality down from Ubercart.org? Maybe start w/just disabling the ability to upload new ones, and some new documentation about the correct workflow to learn, for those chomping at the bit to make module contributions (that is, get Git, go to this link on drupal.org and fill out this form, etc.).

DanLanglois's picture
Juice: 48
spam

Another TR point from this thread:

Over the past year, there has been more spam than real posts.

Okay, I believe that, because I see the spam. I also see that ubercart.org is running Drupal 5. So there is for example no Ban and Unpublish module. I know I'm looking at Drupal five, because of this error at Ubercart Contributed Modules. There is a broken link like this on every project page. If I were to suggest upgrading Drupal 5, I think I could offer my assistance w/this. What would it take? You've installed a list of modules, you're maybe using a custom theme, maybe not. What about exporting the site image, minus any kind of info about users or anything (you know, keep the passwords), to let me see what I can do w/it? Does that sound like a lot of trouble? More trouble for me, to do the work I'm offering to do. Point is, we're all web programmers, here.