79 replies [Last post]
tisabelle's picture
Juice: 85
Was this information Helpful?

Hello,

The two tasks I am trying to accomplish are simple.

First, through Drupal, I need to be able to export all or a selection (perhaps sorted by brand) of my products (otherwise known as my Drupal "product nodes") to my desktop as a .csv file. I will then open the .csv file using Open Office and modify the data that I need to modify (such as prices and product descriptions) and add any new products from my vendors' price lists to this "master .csv file" I have just created.

Second, I need to be able to import this .csv file back in through Drupal when I am done. Sometimes, I am working with tens of thousands of products at one time. There is no way I can do this efficiently by creating one "product node" at a time.

I'm new to Ubercart (previously a user of CRE Loaded, a version of OS Commerce). I am convinced from dabbling with it that Ubercart has huge advantages over CRE Loaded including more functionality and better ability to customize. Though I could accomplish both of these tasks literally with just a few clicks in CRE Loaded, I cannot seem to replicate these functions with Ubercart. I have installed and tried doing this with various modules including "node_export", and "views" with "view_bonus". They all appear to be the right modules for the job, but I just can not get it to work on any of them. I have spent hours searching the module forums, Drupals forums, and Ubercarts forums with no luck in getting this resolved. Either I am using the wrong modules or I am using the modules wrong.

Please advise. Thank you for your time!

~ Tom

jrowny's picture
Juice: 297
Re: Import / Export Products to .csv File

It's going to be hard to get it working exactly right, but you're going to need to use Migrate: http://drupal.org/project/migrate, table wizard: http://drupal.org/project/tw, and views: http://drupal.org/project/views.

Create a view with all the product info (using TW if the table rows are not available). You can create a "csv" version of the view using the Views Bonus Pack
Then you'll use migrate to move the nodes back up.

The thing is, I'm not sure how you'll get existing nodes to "update" rather than have it create new nodes.

tisabelle's picture
Hi jrowny, Thank you for

Hi jrowny,

Thank you for your reply.

You commented: "The thing is, I'm not sure how you'll get existing nodes to "update" rather than have it create new nodes."

I cannot be the first person using Ubercart to face this issue. Many companies have several thousands of products. They have to update the prices and perhaps desciptions from time-to-time. What do they do?

Is there another way to tackle this issue? If the import method you are suggesting 'creates' new nodes, rather than 'updating' them, maybe I am going about this all wrong.

Please advise the best possible way to get this done. Or perhaps if you have anyone you could direct me to that would be able to advise me on this.

I appreciate your efforts in helping me. Thank you VERY much!

~ Tom

tisabelle's picture
How To Do A "EPA Import" / "EPA Export" Funtion With Ubercart?

Hello,

To clarify my last post . . .

Anyone who is familiar with OS Commerce's CMS function "EPA Import" and "EPA Export". This is what I do step-by-step:

- - -
1. I log in to the admin section of my OS Commerce site.
2. I click "Data Manager" > "EPA Export".
3. I keep all defaults except "Limit By Manufacturer" where I choose "ManufacturerA".
4. I click "Start File Creation".
5. Within a short moment, a .txt file is created that I save to my desktop.
6. I open the .txt file with OpenOffice Spreadsheet.
7. I also open a .xls file (provided by "ManufacturerA") with OpenOffice Spreadsheet. This file includes "ManufacturerA"'s current product list with the product SKUs, descriptions, prices, and image file names.
8. I manually update the changes to my downloaded .txt file for any new items or changes there are for existing one. One of the columns in the spread sheet is labeled "v_products_image" and contains the name of the image files stored in the site's "catalog/images/" folder.
9. With an image CD (provided by "ManufacturerA"), I do an FTP upload of all the .jpg image files to the "catalog/images/" folder.
10. I save the .txt file.
11. I go back to the admin section of the OS Commerce site.
12. I click "Data Manager" > "EPA Import".
13. Under the section "Upload EP File for Import", I click the "Browse" button to locate the modified .txt file on my desktop.
14. Once found, I click "Insert into DB". My modified .txt file is imported and my changes are updated in the data base for the products shown on the live site.
- - -

In Drupal a product is a "node". By default, I can edit them one-by-one. This takes FOREVER with 10,000+ products. What I need is a module or modules (somewhere out there) that can allow me to download all of a given "type" of nodes to a spread sheet file (such as .txt or .csv) where I can edit it to include any new items (or "product" nodes) and update any existing ones, then upload it back through Drupal. In the same fashion it works for me with OS Commerce.

Is there a way to do this with Ubercart? Does anyone do this besides me? With ALL that Ubercart is capable of . . . I would think there MUST be a way.

I would be extremely grateful for anyone who can get me the answer in as much detail as I described my current process with OS Commerce. I am sure it would be beneficial to anyone who works with thousands of products like me.

Thank you for your time!

~ Tom

minneapolisdan's picture
Juice: 67
Re: How To Do A "EPA Import" / "EPA Export" Funtion With Ubercar

Tom, I second your request. I have been searching for just such a solution for a (potential) new site, and I have not found anything that will do the job. I know that doesn't help, but I would like to find something. I believe Magento, Shopify, and even ZenCart offer such features, and it does seem pretty standard for ecommerce. Even a paid module would be nice.

Andy's picture
Administrator
Juice: 1142

Ubercart doesn't currently have a good module for this. Why? well, two reasons. One, there is a decent (ok, difficult but doable) way of doing it as jrowny said. Two: Ubercart's attribute system is super powerful in that it can modify the SKU # based on attributes. This is an awesome feature, but the way it is implemented makes importing / exporting / inventory a real mess due to one node possibly being more then one SKU. This is a mistake we are going to fix in the near future with a new release of Ubercart and a new way of handling products (on the back end), but I know that doesn't help you now. The core team is in the process of writing a a module that will handle updates from a csv file for products where the SKU is not modified by any attributes. If this meets your needs, let me know and I'll keep you in the loop.
Cheers,
Andy

minneapolisdan's picture
Re: Re: How To Do A "EPA Import" / "EPA Export" Funtion With Ube

Thanks, it's good to know the reasons and to know it will be changed in the future.

justageek's picture
Bug Finder
Juice: 189
This is important topic

Thanks for your response, and this question is most likely 'taboo', but any idea the timing on the structural changes you mention.

I ask because I'm working on a custom import / export, and I will spent less time making it a long-term solution if I know more about when the UC structure will change.

Thanks much,
Brian

Andy's picture
Administrator
Brian, My safe answer is, in

Brian,
My safe answer is, in the words of John Carmack, "It'll be done when it's done."
That being said... The roadmap as I see it is.

1. Do a straight port of Ubercart to Drupal 7 with no new features or taking advantage of the new capabilities Drupal 7 has to offer. This should be fairly quick. 1 - 3 months from now. I'm calling this Ubercart version 3. I'm certain of the this stage of the roadmap.

2. Start making some major changes to Ubercart to correct some lessons we learned with earlier versions and take advantage of new features in Drupal 7. The first (in my mind) and most important step is to de-couple products from nodes. There are some other big changes to make, but this first one is what will affect import / export / inventory per this discussion. I suspect 2-4 months to complete this aspect. What I don't know is if we will make a release with just this change, or try to add other changes in before making a release. Jes, Lyle, Mahitha and I just had a talk about it, and the plan is to try for a release with just this change, but that is dependent on how much it affects the rest of the code.

So, the short answer is 4-7 months before it is ready for release. Maybe more.
--Andy

justageek's picture
Bug Finder
Juice: 189
Thanks

I didn't realize you were de-coupling products from nodes completely. Is there more about this that I can read somewhere? For some reason I thought products were going to take advantage of the built in 'fields' functionality and become cck-based, not sure why I thought that.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback, helps me out a bunch

tisabelle's picture
One Node = One SKU and it works?

Hi Andy,

Thank you for your feedback to my post.

You wrote: "This is an awesome feature, but the way it is implemented makes importing / exporting / inventory a real mess due to one node possibly being more then one SKU."

So if I am understanding you, IF I am using one node for one SKU, I won't have any issues doing this mass import / export?

Please confirm or explain.

Best,

Tom

Andy's picture
Administrator
Re: One Node = One SKU and it works?

"So if I am understanding you, IF I am using one node for one SKU, I won't have any issues doing this mass import / export?"
Close, but not exactly. Basically, attributes are what makes mass import export complicated in Ubercart, and in most e-commerce platforms I suspect. The simple import / export module will handle products, but not attributes, and certainly not attributes which modify the SKU (more then one SKU per node). So you won't have any problems if your products don't have attributes. If you do have attributes, they will have to be updated by hand. At some point (probably once we rewrite the products for Drupal 7) we will add support for updating attributes as well.

"I didn't realize you were de-coupling products from nodes completely. Is there more about this that I can read somewhere? For some reason I thought products were going to take advantage of the built in 'fields' functionality and become cck-based, not sure why I thought that."
You are pretty much on the right track. We will take advantage of fields / CCK in Drupal 7 so that you can attach a product(s) to a node. When I say de-coupling, I am thinking about it from a conceptual perspective. Currently when you create a "product" type node Ubercart creates a product and attaches all the product data to the node. There is a product table in the database, but the primary key is the node ID. In Drupal 7 the primary key will be the product ID (SKU) and fields cck will handle referencing products to nodes. Drupal 7 will allow us to create a node, a separate product, and reference the product from the node. It will look and feel very similar from the front end, but allow much easier management of products.
I'm still wrapping my head around the concept, and the best way to implement / explain it, so I hope this clears things up.
Cheers,
Andy

tisabelle's picture
Hi Andy, "The simple import

Hi Andy,

"The simple import / export module will handle products, but not attributes, and certainly not attributes which modify the SKU (more then one SKU per node). So you won't have any problems if your products don't have attributes. If you do have attributes, they will have to be updated by hand. At some point (probably once we rewrite the products for Drupal 7) we will add support for updating attributes as well."

To clarify . . .

1. I assume the module you are referring to is "Import / Export API" (http://drupal.org/project/importexportapi), correct?

2. When Ubercart is installed, a user can create "Product" nodes. These nodes have the following fields by default (the ones with * are required): Name*, Description, SKU*, List price, Cost, Sell Price*, Product and its derivatives are shippable (option), Weight, Unit of measurement, Dimensions - Unit of measurement, Dimensions - Length, Dimensions - Width, Dimensions - Height, Package quantity, Default quantity to add to cart, List position, Menu settings - Menu link title, Menu settings - Parent item, Menu settings - Weight, etc.

3. Are you saying that of the fields in the Product node, only the "Name", "SKU", and "Sell Price" can be imported and exported? Please clarify for the slow learning folks like me. Smiling

4. When I finally get this accomplished, I promise to post a clear step-by-step instruction sheet that anyone can benefit from.

5. Unless this is re-written for Drupal 7 before I get done (I hope not).

Thank you!

~ Tom

Andy's picture
Administrator
Tom, 1. No, I was talking

Tom,
1. No, I was talking about writing a Ubercart specific module. That being said, I have done some research and would prefer not to write another module since there are so many already out there. The problem is, that none of them seem to work very well.

3. I don't really have a solid answer for that yet. I would like to find / write a solution that handles as much as possible of what you described in 2.

4. THANK YOU!

OK, so here's a quick update on the research I've done so far. If you go here, http://groups.drupal.org/node/21338 you can see there are a bunch of different options. None of which seem perfect for what we need for Ubercart. I think the tutorial here: http://www.lullabot.com/articles/drupal-data-imports-migrate-and-table-w... will work for you. There are three issues with it. One, the latest version of the table wizard module would not import comma or tab delimited files me which means I had to add a step of manually importing the file into a database table. 2. I haven't tested how to handle repeated updating of the same data. The design philosophy behind this module is one time migrating of data, not repetitive importing like we want, so I have my doubts. 3. While you seem capable of making this work, I think this process is to complex for the average Ubercart user.

I'll keep working on a more streamlined, better suited solution, but I wanted you show you this since it might work for you. Let me know how it works.

One more thing, when it comes to exporting the data, look at http://drupal.org/project/uc_views which exposes some of the Ubercart data to views, http://drupal.org/project/views_bonus which Allows fields to be exported to CSV, DOC, XML and themed text files and http://drupal.org/project/views_export_xls which allows export to excel files.
--Andy

tisabelle's picture
Documentation

Hi Andy,

Here is the documentation I promised: http://tomandcrystal.com/creating_products_in_ubercart

Best,

Tom

Uberchic's picture
Administrator
Juice: 754
Re: Documentation

Tom, I've added that link to the tutorials forum as well, I'm sure it'll help save people lots of time/frustration.

Andy's picture
Administrator
Import Export Tutorial

Nice work. I'm glad to see you got everything worked out ok. Thanks for writing it up!
Cheers,
Andy

smithpaul's picture
Juice: 6
HM-Mitsubishi

HM-MitsubishiDefinetely Good efforts. All the best for future posts.

Richard-22's picture
Juice: 3
Delete and Upload

Hello Tom

Thank you for the information

Just to clarify the instructions you put on your website

It looks to me like you are basically saying that any updates to the products have to been done via the csv file

And when you want to update a product you first have to delete the product from the site and upload the new details with csv

So basically you never download/export products from the site

Do I understand correctly?

milplus's picture
Juice: 182
IMPORTING A CSV CALALOGUE of Products into Drupal 6-Ubercart Sto

dear tom I went through these threads and through your web page which I found very useful.

see my issue , hope oyu can give me a good hint:

I've to import a 6 page index of products categories into Drupal>ubercart to update my store. No items as yet in the store. still empty.

the index I have ot import is going to be the tree root for searching my items which I'm going to add under each catalogue category.
I have all on a csv file.
I installed NODE IMPROT and many other modules.

What I DONOT KNOW is :

1) during import node I do not know where I do have to place the csv: I 've tried to place into a Taxonomy category which I've called CATALOGUE but these items after importing do not appear for some reasons or they appears empty.

2) i do not understand real connection in between taxonomy and ubercart catalogue and how creating a catalogue items categories linking the csv items eventually imported with NODE IMPORT.

please if you can help me this would be great!

M; second step it will be to IMPORT a big CSV of items which is related to yourt above topics (+3000 items) into the store which has been categoridez with pont 1)+ 2)

hope to have been clear anough.

thanks
viktor

Qlaras's picture
Juice: 11
Re: Re: One Node = One SKU and it works?

I hate to be responding to a (really) old thread - but how did all this end up for Ubercart 3? There isn't any documentation, even in 'beta' form - and I'm new to Drupal, so figuring it all out is a pain. Wanting to figure out how I'll be importing everything, so I can build my (spreadsheet-based) index in a form that will go quickly and easily; be it through baseline modules or extra ones.

milplus's picture
csv BIG file ot import in Ubercart and drupal 6.xx

hi TOM I have a recurrent problem and I-m stuck there

I need to upload a big csv file with + 2000 items

as per below

01 Engine;0100 Engine and Mounting Parts;1;1-1;1;BOLT,MACHINE;10884988;4
01 Engine;0100 Engine and Mounting Parts;1;1-1;2;WASHER.LOCK;MS35338-47;8

I need to get as a result of importation a taab with multiple rows and as many column separated by ;

however with "Csv Taxonomy import" MODULE I cannot find the proper way to do this. I need to see same way I see in excel split by COLUMN and items x row. I do not need NESTED or tree structure or I wish to have a tree structure ordered by Tree1 and Tree 2 if possible.

the below is the result I shall like to get in Drupal

TREE1 TREE2
01 Engine 0100 Engine and Mounting Parts 1 1-1 1 BOLT,MACHINE 10884988 4
01 Engine 0100 Engine and Mounting Parts 1 1-1 2 WASHER.LOCK MS35338-47 8
01 Engine 0100 Engine and Mounting Parts 1 1-1 3 SCREW,CAP.HEXAGON H MS90727-88 4
01 Engine 0100 Engine and Mounting Parts 1 1-1 4 WASHER.FLAT MS27183-16 2
01 Engine 0100 Engine and Mounting Parts 1 1-1 5 MOUNT,RESILIENT REAR PART OF KIT P/N 5702254 8754676 2

split by column

see partial file attached in excel for understanding

thanks

AttachmentSize
csv_upload_test.xls 69 KB
milplus's picture
csv BIG file ot import in Ubercart and drupal 6.xx

hi TOM I have a recurrent problem and I-m stuck there

I need to upload a big csv file with + 2000 items

as per below

01 Engine;0100 Engine and Mounting Parts;1;1-1;1;BOLT,MACHINE;10884988;4
01 Engine;0100 Engine and Mounting Parts;1;1-1;2;WASHER.LOCK;MS35338-47;8

I need to get as a result of importation a taab with multiple rows and as many column separated by ;

however with "Csv Taxonomy import" MODULE I cannot find the proper way to do this. I need to see same way I see in excel split by COLUMN and items x row. I do not need NESTED or tree structure or I wish to have a tree structure ordered by Tree1 and Tree 2 if possible.

the below is the result I shall like to get in Drupal

TREE1 TREE2
01 Engine 0100 Engine and Mounting Parts 1 1-1 1 BOLT,MACHINE 10884988 4
01 Engine 0100 Engine and Mounting Parts 1 1-1 2 WASHER.LOCK MS35338-47 8
01 Engine 0100 Engine and Mounting Parts 1 1-1 3 SCREW,CAP.HEXAGON H MS90727-88 4
01 Engine 0100 Engine and Mounting Parts 1 1-1 4 WASHER.FLAT MS27183-16 2
01 Engine 0100 Engine and Mounting Parts 1 1-1 5 MOUNT,RESILIENT REAR PART OF KIT P/N 5702254 8754676 2

split by column

see partial file attached in excel for understanding
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

ANOTHER Option shalll be to set up a full customized tab in drupal containing all the product fields I need , exporting it in csv then filling with data, and reimporting it through ubercart node import or similar. I-ve seen this probably feasible not sure which one is better.

thanks

thanks

myregistration's picture
Juice: 18
Loop

Hi Andy,

Could you please keep me in the loop? I am researching different CMS and eCommerce solutions and I was leaning towards Drupal + Ubercart, but if we can't auto import xml or csv files and update existing records then it won't work for us since we are an online store with 16k+ products. I am able to import via Node Import, haven't tried the Node Import via Cron yet, but we will need the import process automated. I don't understand why the task to update records is so difficult as opposed to inserting them since a unique identifier, SKU, is required for product nodes. If it is difficult then maybe the Ubercart product node does not comform to Drupal conventions? I also found it confusing that the product content type didn't list it's default fields with the custom fields I created for product. I doubt we could wait 7 monts for the update functionality; I'll need to find or create a solution if we're going to use Drupal + Ubercart. Any insight or advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Michelle Smiling

Andy's picture
Administrator
One Possible Solution

There is a company called cart2cart which has built a migration solution here: http://app.shopping-cart-migration.com/to-ubercart/#a_aid=ubercart
I haven't tested it myself, but I've read good reviews. They do charge money, but they let you do a test run for free, and the rates seem pretty reasonable. If anyone decided to use cart2cart, please let us know how it goes.

savajr's picture
Juice: 8
Cart2Cart
Andy wrote:

There is a company called cart2cart which has built a migration solution here: http://app.shopping-cart-migration.com/to-ubercart/#a_aid=ubercart
I haven't tested it myself, but I've read good reviews. They do charge money, but they let you do a test run for free, and the rates seem pretty reasonable. If anyone decided to use cart2cart, please let us know how it goes.

Cart2Cart is a very good shopping cart migration service that do all things automatically. Automated Data Migration with this service costs from $49 only! There's free migration preview. I mean demo migration of 10 products/customers provided to you FREE of CHARGE to ensure accuracy. Smiling

amcoms's picture
Juice: 149
Cart2Cart

I have used these guys twice and on both times they require extra money for fixing issues they create! Migration from oscommerce to Zen and Ubercart created duplicated attributes and caused a massive headache and mess in the DB that is still unresolved I would advise not to use this company

stuntechadmin's picture
Juice: 15

Andy;
Has the project of modifying the module for updates been completed yet. I have the same issue as the others who have posted regarding mass product import. I have over 600,000 products that need to be added to my Ubercart and do not have the time to do it manually. I need a cav file that will allow importing of thousands of products at once.

Joe Davidson
StunTech Public Safety Products, LLC.
Colorado

stuntechadmin's picture
CSV File

Andy;
Can you please help me with a mass import csv file to use with Ubercart and Drupal. I need the following format to enter thousands of products at a time rather than 1 at a time

Product Name Product Code Department Name Price Tax1 Tax… Weight Product Visible Product Title Product Description Product Image Longer Description Highlights Special Discount Type Discount Price Quantity Discount Link Link Caption Product Code Distributor Code Manufacturer Code Price Code Available Quantity Min Order Quantity Max Order Quantity Out of Stock Message Quantity Unit Allow decimal quantities such as 1.5 Show add to basket Economy Economy (local cost) Economy international cost Air Air (local cost) Air international cost Express Express (local cost) Express international cost Option name 00 Option checked 00 Option00 Choice name 0 Option00 Choice price 0 Option00 Choice order no 0 Option00 Choice weight 0 Option00 Choice name 1 Option00 Choice price 1 Option00 Choice order no 1 Option00 Choice weight 1 Option00 Choice name 2 Option00 Choice price 2 Option00 Choice order no 2 Option00 Choice weight 2 Option Name 01 Option Checked 01 Option01 Choice name 0 Option01 Choice price 0 Option01 Choice order no 0 Option01 Choice weight 0 Image Type Link Type

Is this something you can help me with? Please advise.

JD

stuntechadmin's picture
CSV File

Andy;
Can you please help me with a mass import csv file to use with Ubercart and Drupal. I need the following format to enter thousands of products at a time rather than 1 at a time

Product Name Product Code Department Name Price Tax1 Tax… Weight Product Visible Product Title Product Description Product Image Longer Description Highlights Special Discount Type Discount Price Quantity Discount Link Link Caption Product Code Distributor Code Manufacturer Code Price Code Available Quantity Min Order Quantity Max Order Quantity Out of Stock Message Quantity Unit Allow decimal quantities such as 1.5 Show add to basket Economy Economy (local cost) Economy international cost Air Air (local cost) Air international cost Express Express (local cost) Express international cost Option name 00 Option checked 00 Option00 Choice name 0 Option00 Choice price 0 Option00 Choice order no 0 Option00 Choice weight 0 Option00 Choice name 1 Option00 Choice price 1 Option00 Choice order no 1 Option00 Choice weight 1 Option00 Choice name 2 Option00 Choice price 2 Option00 Choice order no 2 Option00 Choice weight 2 Option Name 01 Option Checked 01 Option01 Choice name 0 Option01 Choice price 0 Option01 Choice order no 0 Option01 Choice weight 0 Image Type Link Type

Is this something you can help me with? Please advise.

JD

smithpaul's picture
Juice: 6

Thanks for experience sharing with us

tisabelle's picture
Hi Andy, Glad to help the

Hi Andy,

Glad to help the team! In fact, as I am working on the recreation of www.isabelleslighting.com (currently using OS Commerce) and learning the Ubercart module, I will continue to document my learning at http://tomandcrystal.com/tech_bites_by_tom.

Keep up the good work on your end and we'll all be happy.

Take care,

Tom

Jonny's picture
Juice: 12
Re: Hi Andy, Glad to help the

Have you ever considered doing mass updates like this through a data base manager (such as Open Office Base or MS Access) rather than through an export CSV / edit / import CSV process?

It would take some time and effort to set it all up in the first place but in theory, once you did you could just press a couple of buttons and everything would be done.

dziemecki's picture
Juice: 10
Another product upload option

FWIW, I had to put something like this together for one of my clients. I wrote a long dissertation about it here:

http://ziemecki.net/node/23

Feel free to re-purpose, re-use, and otherwise recycle my efforts.

alexd73's picture
Juice: 33
I'm looking for a solution

I'm looking for a solution how to export from Ubrercart. (For import to a similar database).

Can you help me?

Thank you!

samdds's picture
Juice: 72
Re: I'm looking for a solution

Is there some information about this? Is it already possible to export and import products?

Please help

minneapolisdan's picture
See Above

Read the comments in this post, it's discussed above. There is not an easy way to do imports and exports.

alexd73's picture
Re: Re: I'm looking for a solution

I do export with a phpMySQLadmin.
SQL query like this:

SELECT `title`, body, // from node_revision
field_<firstfieldname>_value ............ field_<lastfieldname>_value,
// from table content_type_<product_class> (subquery)
model, list_price, cost, sell_price, weight, weight_units, length, width, height
// from uc_products (subquery)
FROM  node_revisions as nr,

(SELECT ctp.nid, field_<firstfieldname>_value ............ field_<lastfieldname>_value,  // from table content_type_<product_class>
up.nid, model, list_price, cost, sell_price, weight, weight_units, length, width, height

FROM `uc_products` as up, content_type_product as ctp where ctp.nid=up.nid) as ucp_ctp where ucp_ctp.nid=nr.nid

maybe it's not an elegant query, but it working for me

TutusForToddlers's picture
Juice: 158
Re: Re: Re: I'm looking for a solution

Why is import/export so hard for Ubercart to do? I am looking for this as a way to setup an identical site or a test site and I cannot believe that import/export products into whatever format is not already done. Can anyone modify the SQL query that alexd73 has put together to work a function of Ubercart?

Thanks,
Claire
Tutus for Toddlers sells Tutus using UberCart for e-commerce with Drupal.

zeezhao's picture
Juice: 1075
Re: Re: Re: Re: I'm looking for a solution

@TutusForToddlers - to set up an identical test site, easiest way is to dump your live database, and also make copy of your live drupal directory. Load your dump into a newly named database, fix the settings.php of copied directory to point to this new database. Then you can run new site... There may be a few more steps depending on your configuration.

In general:
- to export:, try: http://drupal.org/project/node_export

- to import: use version of node_import on this thread: http://www.ubercart.org/project/node_import_uc_stock#comment-55048

- to export/import orders: http://drupal.org/project/uc_edi

Infinitee's picture
Juice: 95
Not working for me!
Quote:

I do export with a phpMySQLadmin.
SQL query like this:

I get ...

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '// from node_revision field_<firstfieldname>_value ............ field_<lastfiel' at line 1

Ralph Manis
Infinitee Web Design
http://www.infiniteewebdesign.com

Infinitee's picture
Juice: 95
#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

I found this error to be that the database was to large. I split the data into two parts and was successful in uploading over 4,300 products. Unfortunately all attempts with the suggestions above for uploading attributes and options do not work. I read somewhere in a post from the main programmer for Ubercart, that it is just not possible at this time.

Good luck to all,

Ralph

Ralph Manis
Infinitee Web Design
http://www.infiniteewebdesign.com

pixel8's picture
importing products with attributes

one of the things I will be requiring in the very near future is how to import thousands of products which have multiple attributes. They all have the typical product code which will be the main sku and they will all have linkages to product categories such as manufacturer. Other taxonomies will be (it's for a bike parts website) parts of bike they apply to such as wheels, mud guards, applicable bike makes etc.... these will all be typical taxonomies so no problem there. But they will also have to have separate SKUs for various attributes such as size, colour etc....

Is it possible to import products in such a way that the parent SKU / Node will be imported and automatically be associated with their relevant child SKUs and attributes? Including price alterations if / when necessary?

Drupal Developer with Manchester Gig Promotions on the side and an Ubercart shop where you can buy sexy lingerie

eorr's picture
Juice: 24
Re: importing products with attributes

I'm curious about this, as well.

asperi's picture
Juice: 7

Also looking for a good simple way to do an import. Coming from a MS Access database.

hedac's picture
Juice: 144

Can Migrate and Table Wizard maintain the node id? because the problem I have importing and exporting products is that when I import them.. via Node Export module .. it has a new node id.. so it breaks the relation with uc_order_products table.

synack's picture
Juice: 3

Using drupal 6, I was able to import the data with the node import module without too many problems. I've trying out drupal 7 now and I'm struggling to find anything that does the same job. On the node import module page, it suggest using the Feeds module, but I can't seem to get this working correctly.

Has anyone been able to mass import products with drupal 7 and ubercart?

Qlaras's picture
Juice: 11
Re: Re: Import / Export Products to .csv File

I have not yet myself, but am looking for this info - mainly so I can create the index of items the right way the first time (for however I can import it into Drupal 7/Ubercart 3.x).

rustyblue100's picture
Juice: 25
Drupal 7 mass import

Using feeds module with this little Ubercart Feed Mappers module, you have to install this patch founded here http://drupal.org/node/1187096 to make it work with Drupal 7

Works for me, and there's less steps involves to import your cvs than with the node import module.

mylocalelectrician's picture
Juice: 40
Import products ubercart 3x drupal 7

Rustyblue100,

Thanks for your advice for using feeds and the ubercart feeds mapper modules to import products into ubercart 3x drupal 7. I just wanted to post a reply to advice that I have also successfully imported products via a csv file using these two modules.

I also agree totally that using the feeds module is much easier and less steps than using the node import module. The beauty of this module is if one adds the catalog target to the mappers and to the header of the csv file, the catalog taxonomy terms will also be created automatically. I personally found this very useful as all I needed to do was drag and drop the taxonomy terms where I wanted them to create my catalog categories.

For others who need to bulk import products into ubercart 3x drupal 7 please see below a link to a really helpful video on how to setup the feeds module and to import csv data using feeds.

1) http://vimeo.com/19579282 - watch part 1 & 2 of this very useful video on how to set up the feeds module and most importantly the mapping of the csv file.

Ensure you have enabled the ubercart feed mappers module (uc_feeds) so when you get to the mapping of the csv file the ubercart targets will appear in the drop down list.

I do have a working uc_feeds mapper module for drupal 7. If anyone has any advice on how or where to add this module to the ubercart website please let me know.

rustyblue100's picture
Juice: 25
Re: Import products ubercart 3x drupal 7

Thank you for the videos, that's pretty much how i did it myself.
Except that I import automatically the feeds using google docs spreadsheet. So it sends any change made to the spreadsheet directly to feeds without having to import them via the upload button.
Works flawlessly.