79 replies [Last post]
mylocalelectrician's picture
Juice: 40
Re: Re: Import products ubercart 3x drupal 7

Using Google docs is a great idea!

I will do this myself too, just a couple of questions if you do not mind:

1) How often did you set the Periodic import on the feed importers settings page?

2) As Google docs requires a login I take it you have set permissions so the spreadsheet is in effect online via a url? Did you simply publish it to the web and tick the box "Automatically republish when changes are made" ?

Would be a great help to me before I decide to use google docs for this.

Thanks again

rustyblue100's picture
Juice: 25
Re: Re: Import products ubercart 3x drupal 7

1)"As often as possible"

2) Yes exactly, you take the share url and define to whom this link should be available to. For me it was "to all people who has the link"

The only problem with Google spreadsheet , and I hope they will correct it soon, is that it dosen't provide a "cell lock" feature, wich is very annoying. You have to be very careful not to delete or move the headers accidentently.

Hope it was helpful.

wickus's picture
Juice: 33
Thank you

Hi Guys,

at first a very big hat from my side, great help has been given here. Finally with this and some fiddling around I was able to test import some stuff.
Took me a while to find out that I anyway had to enter a product in the product form to upload the file Smiling

May I just raise a question since 4 fields in the product feed mapping are not totally clear for me: (I checked the legend but I seem to not get it totally)

URL: <-- This is the URL alias (without the domain)?

GUID: <-- Just a unique number I can assign in the csv?

Feed source: <-- Have no idea with URL or path to a file would mean here. Eye-wink

for image I guess I give here the filename of the picture and the pictures itself I have to upload per ftp later?

Thanks a lot again for the former input and in advance for any clue that lets above clouds disappear from my brain Smiling

When I tick a unique check-box while mapping does it mean the value will be assigned automatically by the system.?

Greetings from Mauritius island

PS: just seen now that I squeezed my post in the middle of something, I am very sorry for this.

Infinitee's picture
Juice: 95
Quote: URL: <-- This is the
Quote:

URL: <-- This is the URL alias (without the domain)?

GUID: <-- Just a unique number I can assign in the csv?

Feed source: <-- Have no idea which URL or path to a file would go here.

for image I guess I give here the filename of the picture and the pictures itself I have to upload per ftp later?

Correct, the URL should be the path/page without your domain in front of it. Example: products/fancy-pants-4.

I'm not sure about the "GUID" but, you MUST input a unique SKU for each product or the CSV upload will fail. The SKU (Stock-Keeping Unit) are the products unique identification codes and can be made up of letters and or numbers. Example: Blue-T-shirt-XL-489.

No need for Feed source unless you are focusing on supplying feeds to other sites. You must have the feeds in place before you can acquire the URLs.

Images should be uploaded to the "files" directory or "sites/your-drupal-site.com/files" directory before you try to upload your CSV or, the CSV upload will fail. The input should just be the file name and extension. Example: image-12.jpg.

check out the tutorial that I wrote on the subject at: http://www.infiniteewebdesign.com/drupal-6-ubercart-2-node-import-updati...

Ralph Manis
Infinitee Web Design
http://www.infiniteewebdesign.com

wickus's picture
Thanks a lot

Hi Ralph

thank you very much for this quick reply and your great help.

Have a nice one.

Cheers
Mario

wickus's picture
Still some kind of fighting..

Still having quite a fight with this task, Smiling I should also have mentioned that I use Drupal 7

I was able to import a list of products, but not as perfect as it should be.

Pictures:
I tried it with a picture. The picture is already uploaded to my files directory, same as a manual creation of a product uploads files to.
Getting the error:
"Download of kluth-almond-nuts-brown.jpg failed with code -1002."

If I leave the field blank the import works, but anyway I am getting a notice and a warning message:
Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$attributes in uc_feeds_node_insert() (line 123 of /mysite/sites/all/modules/uc_feeds/uc_feeds.module).
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in uc_feeds_node_insert() (line 123 of /mysite/sites/all/modules/uc_feeds/uc_feeds.module).

Another problem is how to set the catalog field. My thinking was to use the name of the catalog term, but then a new term is created in the root of the catalog. Actually I wanted to show the product in the catalog path Producer/Kluth.
I tried also as above with the slash, backslash, semicolon, comma, pipe but always a new entry (as provided in the csv) is created in the root of the catalog list.
Additionally it is also required that a product is shown under two terms (I have a tree where products are shown by producer and another by product type)

1. in the producer part
    Example: Producer/Kluth/Almonds
  2. in the product group
    Example: Legumes & Grains/Nuts/Almonds

How would I realize this in the catalog field of the csv, showing both entries?

I also provided an url alias in the csv but after the import the new entry shows the usual node/xx

I would be very glad if someone can shed a light into this and also happy to help in case a tutorial for the v7 Drupal needs to be done.

Btw. is it working smoothly on Drupal 6?

Thanks a lot in advance Smiling
Mario

AttachmentSize
template_kluth_first_test.zip 385 bytes
wickus's picture
Update to my import issues

Concerning pictures:
Finally it worked. I had to enter the full path (not only the file name) 'sites/default/files/image.jpg' in the concerning column in the csv sheet.

Catalog Taxonomy
I found a temp solution for my catalog issue:
I created a catalog term 'New Products' which I enter in the csv sheet in the taxonomy column
Will give me some extra work to assign the products to the final term, but at least they are visible from the beginning.

It works now. Smiling Wonder what went wrong before and why it created new entries in the root of the taxonomy. I also checked for typos before, but who knows what kind of blindness might have struck me there.

Now I just don't understand why the URL alias is not saved. I tried changing the name in the feed mapping and the csv sheet to fit it but still it is not saved. Ok this is minor but maybe someone has an idea why.

Strompf's picture
Juice: 69
Works with full path name!

Thanks, Wickus,

Your comment about including the full path name with an image, saved the day for me, while importing into an Übercart 3x-site.

jsulmar's picture
Juice: 22
part 2

If people have trouble finding part 2 of the video, it is at http://vimeo.com/19579708

midoriconcept's picture
Juice: 15
Super Newbie question

Hi, I am aware that is not totally in topic the question, but I am completely lost.

As mentioned
"Using feeds module with this little Ubercart Feed Mappers module, you have to install this patch founded here http://drupal.org/node/1187096 to make it work with Drupal 7"

I have not much clue how to install the Patch in that node. I looked and I kind of understand that I need to use the Patch command.. but not sure why. I googled but probably I am not really aware how what to google.. If someone can help I will greatly appreciate...

uc_feeds_7x

Hi Midoriconcept,

Find attached a working drupal 7 uc_feeds module. Just install the module as you would any other, ie add to your sites/all/modules directory. Enable the module and when you set up your mapping of the csv file (admin/structure/feeds/edit/product_importer) you should find the ubercart targets in the list.

Hope this helps.

AttachmentSize
uc_feeds_7x.zip 7.87 KB
midoriconcept's picture
Thanks a lot

Hi thank you very much, it works! Still not sure how many attributes customer will want, but with test data works perfectly!

midoriconcept's picture
Quick question for my understanding

Sorry for the stupid question/. But what happens if I want to add additional fields to the product import.
Do I need to modify the module?
Thanks

Hi Midoriconcept, Just

Hi Midoriconcept,

Just realised you posted this about a week ago so not sure if you have solved your problem, here goes if not!

The answer is quite straight forward, when you add a new custom field to the product content type, the feeds module itself will pick up these new targets for you, simply add them in the usual way.

I have recently created a few new fields to the product content type myself so I am able to create a views export csv file for Google merchant. See attached screen grabs for your reference: Note the "link" "Availability" and "condition" targets. Also note on the views data export I made the path "export" (I think this makes things much simpler)

This mapping is in keeping with my views data export feed. This means I can import and export products via csv files simply using www.mysite.com/import & www.mysite.com/export

Hope this helps

AttachmentSize
Feeds Mapping Google Merchant.png 58.26 KB
views data export.png 48.49 KB
midoriconcept's picture
Re: Hi Midoriconcept, Just

Thanks for the reply!

Actually I discovered my issue.
I was trying to add a new field, but the type is Barcode from the Barcode Module, so it's not taken by the mapping in the list of field.

I realized after Two hours of getting crazy when just for test I added a text field type and it appeared in the mapping. I think I should include in someway the field type barcode in the mapping, but probably is not that easy!
Thank you,
Francesco

zeezhao's picture
Juice: 1075
uc_feeds & download products

Please has anyone done a patch to load downloadble products? e.g. files or music tracks

durmieu's picture
Juice: 3
Custom module

I made a custom module witch allows you to export a CSV file with all the products to modify them in your computer and later import the file again.

I'm not a profesional programmer, so the code is ugly as fuck and using this can be DANGEROUS. But it works for me.

It just export the fields I need: Product Name, Node ID , SKU , List Price , Sell Price , Weight , Weight Units , Lenght , Width , Height , Lenght Units & Discount.

Imports the values of: List Price , Sell Price , Weight , Weight Units , Lenght , Width , Height , Lenght Units.

Hope it is useful for someone. Feel free to modify it to your needs.

Tested with U3/D7 , LibreOffice Calc and Gnumeric

AttachmentSize
uc_csv_export.tar.gz 8.1 KB
Hi durmieu, I like the idea

Hi durmieu,

I like the idea of the module. I would always prefer to use views and the views data export module http://drupal.org/project/views_data_export to create an export feed page. All that needs to be done is set up the fields that match the mapping of the csv file in the feeds importers.

Great work though, and like I always say, if it works for your needs that's all that matters!

Anand yrh's picture
Juice: 316
This is a great module... Ubercart CSV Export

Hi, This is a great module... Ubercart CSV Export

I was actually looking to import uc files as well.

I am wondering why uc_file import is not being talked about anywhere in the form... I doubt that it is only me the only one who is using uc_file with product. Cause I searched for days on web to find solution and could not find any.. and I don't get any response on any forums.

Is it so tough to import product uc-file data using a csv?

Please someone help me... I am struck with this.

Morphim's picture
Juice: 25
Google Docs product update via feed

Hi there, rustyblue100 & mylocalelectrician
I'm trying to set up using a Google Docs spreadsheet via a feed to automatically update Drupal products with Ubercart products.

This is exactly what I need but am having trouble setting it up. I've got it 90% there but can't get it to work.
I have all modules installed. I have a google doc with '"to all people who has the link" permission.
The feed aggregator in Drupal can access the doc.
Product Type has product fields:
title
body
uc_product_image
taxonomy_catalog
as well as this (which I didn't add > Feed feeds Feeds module form elements

Feed importers has 'product feed' attached to 'product'
Edits to the operations (Edit importer: Product feed) are as follows:
Basic settings: Attached to: Product - Periodic import: as often as possible - Import on submission
HTTP Fetcher
Common syndication parser
Node processor set to 'product'
The mapping is already set up (I guess) from the feed aggregator? since the same values are here (title, body, uc_product_image, taxonomy_catalog)

My google doc has a relevant value in each field but I can't get it to work. (nothing appears in my products) What have I done wrong or not done?

Also not 100% sure how to add custom fields to content types (field type / widgets etc)

Any help gratefully received.
Thanks in advance.
Gary

midoriconcept's picture
Google Docs product update via feed

Hi, I managed to have the feed to update the product via Google Doc.

I had to fight a little bit but basically I used the CSV as processor and Setup Google doc to publish as CSV. Works fine.

More details here http://www.midoriconcept.com/?p=1653

Ciao
Francesco

GalinaJ's picture
Juice: 9
Re: Import / Export Products to .csv File

I can share my experience of mass product import. Once I failed to do it properly, so serched for the most convenient solution. I decided to use an automated SaaS as I heard much about it. I was really satisfied as the process was performed accurately and without errors. And the price was quite acceptable.
if anyone is interested, you can check it out here www.file2cart.com

wickus's picture
Linking SKU with Taxonomy Catalog term

Just an idea I got while arranging my SKU numbers in the import csv (yes I am still fighting Smiling)) )

Example:
I have following tree in the taxonomy:
GARDEN

• Fruit
  • Vegetable

My SKU builds like:
GAFRQGBR01
GA = Garden
FR = Fruit
QG = short for the name of producer
BR = Broccoli
01 = just a numbering if a double naming can't be avoided

If there would be an extra field in the taxonomy catalog terms, for above example, giving
Garden/Fruit the abbr. GAFR.

Meaning that all items having an SKU starting with GAFR to be sorted into GARDEN/Fruit, so kind of auto arranged in/with the catalog?

Or has this maybe been realized already?

I am aware that there is the auto sku module, but wouldn't it be a time saver if things could be combined as mentioned above?

Cheers
Mario

DanZ's picture
Juice: 1738
Re: Linking SKU with Taxonomy Catalog term

With views, you can specify a sort criteria. That should give you what you want.

Anand yrh's picture
How to import uc_file names?

As one the best practice, I have extracted all the product related data using views export on D6 site. Now, to import into D7 site I have used Ubercart Feed Mappers module. This is really great!!

After doing all these I realized that I missed to import the product uc_file related data. I have 2500+ products on D6 site attached with uc_file. one or the other way I can manually enter the serial number which I have used for naming of .pdf format files.

Now, using Ubercart Feed Mappers module how can I do the mapping to import the product uc_file into D7?

Can someone please help on this?

Anand yrh's picture
Re: How to import uc_file names?

Please share any ideas to import file names of product file feature

DanZ's picture
Juice: 1738
Re: Re: How to import uc_file names?

You might have to research this one on your own.

The Feeds module is customizable. You might be able to do more than what the Ubercart Feeds module does.

amcoms's picture
Juice: 150
update feeds

Can't you just reselect and run an update using the feeds module?

amcoms's picture
Juice: 150
Anand yrh wrote: As one the
Anand yrh wrote:

As one the best practice, I have extracted all the product related data using views export on D6 site. Now, to import into D7 site I have used Ubercart Feed Mappers module. This is really great!!

After doing all these I realized that I missed to import the product uc_file related data. I have 2500+ products on D6 site attached with uc_file. one or the other way I can manually enter the serial number which I have used for naming of .pdf format files.

Now, using Ubercart Feed Mappers module how can I do the mapping to import the product uc_file into D7?

Can someone please help on this?

Did you get any help with this?