6 replies [Last post]
kilrizzy's picture
Juice: 41
Was this information Helpful?

I've found the uc_excel module, which exports orders to csv. Is theread anything alrey like this for exporting customers?

If not, where are the customers fields stored and I can try to use that module as a template and just pull a new query.

Thanks!

WebNewCastle's picture
Juice: 595

I thought I saw a module once that does this, but I'm not sure. If nothing exists for this specific task, one option would be to use Ubercart Views and Views Bonus Pack (along with the main Views module), set up a View with the data you want to export, and then select the CSV option for your display (vs. page and block displays, etc.).

- Matt

Matthew Winters / WebNewCastle.com - Drupal & Ubercart development, training, and consulting. Drupal profile
Online community, product development, & policy management.

remaye's picture
Juice: 54
Found any solution ?

Hi kilrizzy, did you ever found a module for exporting customers data to CSV ?
Or did you use the Views solution ?
It would be indeed great to have a CSV export link for orders AND clients as there is for sales reports in Ubercart ...
I didn't try the uc_excel module because what I really want for now is exporting customers, and also because it is noticed that the drupal 6 version is a "rough port of a module [...] for the 5.1 version..." and I wonder if it is safe. Did you experienced trouble using it ?
And can you also give us a feedback to your experience with exporting customers data ?
Thanks...

kilrizzy's picture
Re: Found any solution ?

I didn't have any luck with either options for what I needed to do. I ended up just doing it all on a custom php page, making my own queries directly to the database and joining the tables and fields I needed. An ugly work around but didn't have time to keep looking for a drupal alternative Sad

remaye's picture
Re: Re: Found any solution ?

Thanks for reply anyway...
Didn't find anything either and I'm not expert enough to develop such a module by my own...I regret.
I will be condamned to do it the same way as you... if I can.

kilrizzy's picture
Re: Re: Re: Found any solution ?

Check out the 2 files and see if it makes any sense. Let me know if you have any questions. The code is really sloppy but calls a function to save a CSV of multiple tables.

It checks a mysql table "_export_history" to see when the last time a particular file was exported. If anything, you can look at the queries in the functions file to help pull the info from drupal

AttachmentSize
_csv_auto.php_.txt 591 bytes
inc_functions.php_.txt 7.44 KB
remaye's picture
Thanks for your post ! I'm

Thanks for your post !
I'm not on this project for now, but I had a look to your files
and I'm sure I will take advantage of your work for my own need when I will be back to it.
Thnaks again.