3 replies [Last post]
backdrifting's picture
Juice: 373
Was this information Helpful?

Running D6 and UC 2.2. I have enabled USPS Shipping quotes for both domestic and International. I signed up for a USPS Web tools account and patched our account username into the system. I also updated the module to post to the testing server at USPS while testing (they sent this URL in their e-mail to me). Now when I try retrieving quotes at checkout I get the following error:

API=RateV3&XML=<RateV3Request USERID=""><Package ID="0"><Service>ALL</Service><ZipOrigination>08854</ZipOrigination><ZipDestination>21769</ZipDestination><Pounds>6</Pounds><Ounces>0.0</Ounces><Container>RECTANGULAR</Container><Size>REGULAR</Size><Machinable>True</Machinable></Package></RateV3Request>

<Error>
<Number>80040b1a</Number>
<Description>API Authorization failure. RateV3 is not a valid API name for this protocol.</Description>
<Source>UspsCom::DoAuth</Source>

</Error>

I removed our userid above for purposes of this post.

Any suggestions on what could be causing this? It doesn't seem like RateV3 should throw any errors? Did USPS change their API recently?

-Trevor

TR
TR's picture
Bug FinderFAQ ModeratorGetting busy with the Ubercode.
Juice: 3229
backdrifting wrote: I also
backdrifting wrote:

I also updated the module to post to the testing server at USPS while testing

That's your problem - the testing server doesn't support the full API, and in particular doesn't support rate quotes, which is why the module wasn't programmed to use the testing server in the first place.

<tr>.
backdrifting's picture
Juice: 373
Thanks ... so should I test via production then?

Ok noted. So what suggestion do you have for testing then? Do we need to run the tests to their production server? Is there no method of using this module with their testing URL?

Do most people just test towards their production?

Best-

Trevor

TR
TR's picture
Bug FinderFAQ ModeratorGetting busy with the Ubercode.
Juice: 3229
Re: Thanks ... so should I test via production then?

The testing server is for testing the USPS code while it's being developed. You don't need it because the USPS module is already completed and working.

<tr>.