29 replies [Last post]
nexus's picture
Juice: 90
Was this information Helpful?

Hi all,

I cannot get Ubercart's UPS module to retrieve UPS shipping quotes, I just get an error message: "There were problems getting a shipping quote"

When I enter my UPS account information under "Shipping Quote Setting"-->methods-->UPS it asks for is my UPS login password. When I enter the password and click Save Configuration, the password disappears.

I'm hosting with Godaddy and running PHP 5. I think it's very interesting that the password for the UPS account disappears when I click save.

I have all the info the module is asking for: online tools xml access key, UPS Shipper number, UPS.com user ID and password.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

j.mead's picture
Juice: 385
Re: UPS Module not getting shipping quotes

I think it's a security related thing that the password doesn't display as mine doesn't display after saving and everything works fine.
It could be that the hosting account that you have needs some tweaking, possibly Curl enabled, though that's a guess. If all your information is correctly entered, and you've selected some options and your site is in testing mode (although I guess production is fine too if you're not completing a transaction)

if these two options are turned on in Quote settings you should get more info as to why it's not generating quotes:
Log errors during checkout to watchdog
Display debug information to administrators.

I hate to suggest upgrading your hosting without knowing a lot of the specifics, but a lot of my problems disappeared after I upgraded to a more robust hosting package.

the sites i'm always breaking.... www.sew-la-fabric.com
http://lostpetsla.com (though i hope i never break this one too bad)

nexus's picture
j.mead, Thank you for

j.mead,

Thank you for response. What hosting provider are you using?

When I looked at the uc_ups.admin.inc source code, I copied and pasted the URL's that the code uses to fetch the xml. I think they are incorrect! I tried to use what I thought where the new URLs for the XML, but no go. I will show the "new" URLs that I tried to use:

UPS Tracking Tool: https://wwwcie.ups.com/ups.app/xml/Track

UPS Shipping Tool: (Ship Confirm) https://wwwcie.ups.com/ups.app/xml/ShipConfirm

UPS Shipping Tool: (Ship Accept) https://wwwcie.ups.com/ups.app/xml/ShipAccept

UPS Rates and Service Selection Tool: https://wwwcie.ups.com/ups.app/xml/Rate

I'm not sure these are correct, but when you go to them, at least you don't get a "page not found" message as you do when you go to the original URLs that is in the source code.

Here is the block of code I was altering

$form['uc_ups_connection_address'] = array('#type' => 'select',
    '#title' => t('Mode'),
    '#description' => t('Quotes and shipments requested in Testing mode will not be picked up or charged to your account.'),
    '#options' => array('https://wwwcie.ups.com/ups.app/xml/' => t('Testing'),
      'https://www.ups.com/ups.app/xml/' => t('Production'),  //these URL's take you to "page not found" on UPS.com!
    ),
    '#default_value' => variable_get('uc_ups_connection_address', 'https://wwwcie.ups.com/ups.app/xml/'),
  );

So, the source code's URL's for accessing the shipping rates aren't even correct!

j.mead's picture
Re: j.mead, Thank you for

which version of ubercart are you using. i'm still at 2.2 and am investigating any possible issues with upgrading to 2.3 i haven't had any need to change the ups module so whatever the 2.2 code is, is what's working for me. I'll check the code to see what the urls are that it's referencing, but i'm applying updates and can't risk the poking around right now.

i'm using inmotionhosting, and i have two packages. a VPS set-up with 768M of memory for the primary production site, and a lower business package i think that's a shared hosting but with 512M for my personal and testing sites. my old shared hosting that the actual production site was on was around 48M, so the increase in terms of resources was huge. one of the first benefits i saw was the drop in the number of orders that got abandoned or restarted by customers waiting for the pages to load due to the low php memory limit on my old account. plus updates/upgrades never time out anymore

nexus's picture
Re: Re: j.mead, Thank you for

I'm using 2.3

j.mead's picture
Re: Re: Re: j.mead, Thank you for

hmmm... that might be something then. I haven't updated my production site yet, as I'm still testing the upgrade. i came across a few things that I need to fix before I can do the upgrade, and I've seen people having issues with some modules that i use so there's a bunch to do

did you have UPS quotes working before, or did you start out using Ubercart with the 2.3 release. the UPS module is bundled into UC so changes sometimes get made.
i looked at the 2.3 code and the URLs that you pointed out haven't changed frmo my set-up so that may not be the issue. the 2.3 release notes point to some UPS changes but I don't know what or where

Go Daddy hosting might be your problem. a quick check on google shows that their implementation for using cURL requires some tweaking, though the info is rather old so maybe it's different
- http://www.marksanborn.net/php/calculating-ups-shipping-rate-with-php/ - gave me this as an example though I can't say if this is still required or how to implement it. just a suggestion to steer you in the direction maybe

Special Instructions for Godaddy

Godaddy requires a minor change in the ups function.
You need to have a proxy to use cURL on Godaddy.

So under this line:
“curl_setopt($ch,CURLOPT_TIMEOUT, 60);”

add this:
“curl_setopt($ch,CURLOPT_PROXY,’http://proxy.shr.secureserver.net:3128′);”

might try searching the Drupal forums for Go Daddy and cURL, as I know that during my use of Drupal and UC, I've seen lots of people using Go Daddy requiring an extra step here and there

sadly, my guess now is that this is beyond my ability to help you get it working, but I will keep an eye out as I get ready to upgrade

nexus's picture
I appreciate all your help.

I appreciate all your help. Thank you.

This is my first time implementing ups shipping quotes.

I'm really frustrated with Ubercart right now, it romances you and at the very end, stings you. I mean, don't the Ubercart developers bother to test their software on the most popular hosting provider(s)?????

nexus's picture
Re: Re: Re: Re: j.mead, Thank you for

When I install drupal/ubercart locally using MAMP, I'm still unable to fetch the shipping quotes. That's interesting...maybe it's not Godaddy...

nexus's picture
**SOLVED!** I had to "Set the

**SOLVED!**

I had to "Set the conditions that will return a UPS quote." This found under Store Administration-->Configuration-->Shipping Quote Settings-->Quote Methods-->UPS
It will appear as a link, right above the text box for "UPS Online Tools XML Access Key"

I already set that before, but I guess I set the wrong condition? A silly overlook on my part.

I'm so glad I didn't have to abandon Ubercart. I still wonder if the developers test Ubercart on the most popular hosting providers. I think that's important to know.

btw, this is working on the actual hosted version on Godaddy, as well as localhost.

anarkhos's picture
Juice: 25
@neuxs

Hi Nexus, what did you set the "Set the conditions that will return a UPS quote." to exactly? I ask because I am having a similar problem with my site.

thank you.

edit: I figured out my problem. I hadn't enabled the CA here: /admin/store/ca/uc_ups_get_quote/edit
It turns out there are 2 or 3 things that must be enabled, and also a few modules ... a bit aggravating actually, but ah well.

anarkhos's picture
Juice: 25
:-(

ok, I burned an entire day figuring this out ... but jquery 1.4 breaks the UPS quote AHAH. So, if you have issues, try using jquery 1.3 or jquery 1.2.

markagray's picture
Juice: 192
nexus, I'm having the same

nexus,

I'm having the same problem; everything looks like it's configured correctly, but I keep getting the error message: "There were problems getting a shipping quote. Please verify the delivery and product information and try again. If this does not resolve the issue, please call in to complete your order." I also tried to "Set the conditions that will return a UPS quote" and set it to"Check if an order can be shipped", but still I get the same error. What did you use for the conditions? I confirmed that my test product is shippable, it's in stock (Active and above the Threshold), and I have "Log errors during checkout to watchdog" and "Display debug information to administrators" both checked. However, I get only the one message ""There were problems getting...". This is very frustrating.

nexus's picture
Mark, I understand your

Mark,

I understand your frustration...believe me.

On my conditions, I have my conditional operator set to "OR". Also, I only have one condition: "Check if an order can be shipped."

Go through your conditions and make sure you don't have your operator set to "AND". You may have more than one condition as a requirement. Obviously, if your conditional operator is set to "AND" and one of conditions aren't being met, the quotes will fail.

Let me know if this helped. Its easy to overlook some obvious options when setting up UPS quotes.

markagray's picture
nexus, Thank you for the

nexus,

Thank you for the prompt reply! I have one condition set, the same as you have, but I was using "AND" (the default). I changed it to "OR" and made some progress, Now I get a quote, however, I also get a very long debug message (I have them enabled) that begins with "undefined: Hard 111100: The requested service is invalid from the selected origin." Any idea about this?

nexus's picture
Re: nexus, Thank you for the

We need to see the entire error.

This may be a test/production mode issue. I would create a product for $1.00, set everything (this includes UPS shipping API) to production. Go through and make a purchase while in admin mode and see if you get the same error.

markagray's picture
Re: Re: nexus,Thank you for the

I had two "UPS Services" selected, "UPS Ground" and "UPS Standard". When I deselected UPS Standard, the error went away. I wasn't sure what the difference was between the two so I wanted to compare the two quotes. I wonder why I can't get a UPS Standard quote, maybe the Test mode doesn't support it? Here is the full debug dump which is the same for both Testing mode and Production mode:

undefined: Hard 111100: The requested service is invalid from the selected origin.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

2C693E7D20BB02C0
edgecitysales

Complex Rate Request

Rate
rate

E0197E

Bel Air
MD
US

IL
US

MD
US

LBS
Pounds

UPS Standard

02IN12.005.005.00LBSPounds2.0
<?xml version="1.0"?>
Complex Rate Request1.00010FailureHard111100The requested service is invalid from the selected origin. UPS Ground Rate: $11.15

2C693E7D20BB02C0
edgecitysales
Mg17ay52

Complex Rate Request

Rate
rate

E0197E

Bel Air
MD
US

IL
US

MD
US

LBS
Pounds

UPS Ground

02IN12.005.005.00LBSPounds2.0
<?xml version="1.0"?>
Complex Rate Request1.00011Success03Your invoice may vary from the displayed reference ratesLBS2.0USD11.15USD0.00USD11.15USD11.15USD0.00USD11.152.0LBS2.0

nexus's picture
Re: Re: Re: nexus,Thank you for the

Edit your product you set up for $1.00. Under "UPS product description" What is the package type? Set to "Customer Supplied Package" and see if you still get errors.

markagray's picture
Re: Re: Re: Re: nexus,Thank you for the

Unfortunately I already have it set to "Customer Supplied Package". Can you get a quote for both UPS Ground and UPS Standard? If I disable UPS Standard I get a valid quote and no error. The error only occurs when I also enable UPS Standard.

nexus's picture
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: nexus,Thank you for the

The error you get indicates a problem with the shipping origin. Check you default shipping address. Try changing it and select both shipping methods again and see what that does.

Splicer's picture
Juice: 26
Mark, How did you get this

Mark,

How did you get this debug dump? I have "Log errors during checkout to watchdog" and "Display debug information to administrators" both checked and I'm getting nothing in my logs despite getting the "There were problems getting a shipping quote" message.

Extremely frustrating not even to have the capacity to research an error message.

Thanks!

csdesignco's picture
Juice: 230
Re: Mark, How did you get this

I'm in the same boat. No errors are being written, anywhere. I'm surprised this module isn't doing any error checking.

jnettik's picture
Juice: 15
Randomly not working

I'm having a similar problem except it only works on certain profiles. It worked fine when I was developing it and now it still works fine when I'm logged it, and when I create a new profile it works for them. However I have a couple profiles it won't work for. I thought it was permissions, however I have looked them through one by one and there fine and the new profile I created still gets a quote after I upgraded it to that role. I even changed a profile that was giving me trouble to admin with no luck. Anyone experience this?

jonahan's picture
Juice: 6
UPS Standard an issue

I had many of these similar problems - turning off UPS Standard solved things for me.

Not sure if there's still something not set right, but it's working at least! Wanted to thank everyone who chimed in by adding what finally solved it here. Smiling

pyallen97 (not verified)
pyallen97's picture
Problem Solved

I know how to fix the UPS issue everyone is having. Use USPS instead. Works like a charm.

dw2chan's picture
Juice: 18
Re: **SOLVED** UPS Module not getting shipping quotes

sorry to bring this back from the dead, but I'm having trouble getting a quote.
I've got all my info entered in correctly and from the debug info, it looks like I'm receiving quotes. However I'm still getting the error: There were problems getting a shipping quote. Please verify the delivery and product information and try again. If this does not resolve the issue, please call in to complete your order.

Is there any reason why that is not showing even though I'm getting a response xml from UPS?

I'm on 2.2

TIA!

thaistore's picture
Juice: 108
Re: **SOLVED** UPS Module not getting shipping quotes

did you fix the problem, i am on 2.6 cant get this stupid module to work, amazing, no xml dump, nothing!!!!!

http://thaistore.org ubercart support is almost nonexistent, room for improvement definately exist

amanda1919's picture
Juice: 32
Re: Re: **SOLVED** UPS Module not getting shipping quotes

I agree, this forum is dead

musry7's picture
Juice: 15
Wrong Post Address in Module

The current UPS address to pull quotes from is . . . .
https://onlinetools.ups.com/ups.app/xml/Rate

I found four places in the module to change it.
In uc_ups.ship.inc on
lines 608 & 279
  $result = drupal_http_request(variable_get('uc_ups_connection_address', 'https://onlinetools.ups.com/ups.app/xml/Rate') .'ShipAccept', array(), 'POST', $request);

In uc_ups.admin.inc
same lines

LiveWire Marketing
Athens, GA

firewing1's picture
Juice: 126
Works!

Thanks for this! This worked perfectly for us. For reference, because of the use of variable_get() you can actually just override the value of the 'uc_ups_connection_address' and it should fix the problem. I've reported this upstream: http://drupal.org/node/1450786

Anagha's picture
Juice: 3
Estimated shipping cost not getting calculated

Hi all,
I cannot get shipping cost calculated in the user side..I have added :
-UPS OnLine Tools XML Access Key
-UPS Shipper
-UPS.com user ID
-Password and in 'Quote Options'

-Default Package Type as Customer Supplied PAckage

In conditions added 'Check if an order can be shipped'..

While clicking Calculate button..Some div is displaying with no content and errors...Please any one help..Please point out where I have gone wrong...I need to complete it as early as possible...Thanks in advance...