6 replies [Last post]
schaub123's picture
Bug FinderGetting busy with the Ubercode.PayPal Hero
Juice: 458
Was this information Helpful?

Sorry to ask this most irritating question, but I'm on a very tight release schedule (as usual), and the ups stuff seems really messed up in alpha8. I can't get it to work past UPS Ground -- tons of xml errors. Trying to debug it right now. Everytime I run the rate quote I get ...

xml_parse() [function.xml-parse]: Unable to call handler _endElement() in /home/xxx/public_html/sites/default/modules/ubercart/uc_store/includes/simplexml.php on line 244.

php 4.4.7, alpha 8

Bazaar seems to fix a bunch of stuff -- even the quoted prices are different (correct) if I update uc_ups.module to bazaar. Is there any idea about when beta1 will happen? Wild guess? I'm debating updating to bazaar from alpha8, but I'm really worried about painting myself in an update corner. Is beta1 more than a week away? Sorry to be a drag and ask this type of question.

Christopher Schaub

torgosPizza's picture
Bug FinderEarly adopter... addicted to alphas.Getting busy with the Ubercode.
Juice: 4111
Re: wait for beta or get bazaar

Looks like a PHP issue. SimpleXML requires PHP5. Ask your hosting provider to upgrade your installation (and make sure they setup Apache to execute everything through 5 and not 4 - usually they install one alongside the other).

http://php.net/simplexml

I would get the bazaar if you're looking to go live immediately; we use it on our site and it's fantastic.

--
Help directly fund development: Donate via PayPal!

TR
TR's picture
Bug FinderFAQ ModeratorGetting busy with the Ubercode.
Juice: 3230
Re: Re: wait for beta or get bazaar

The uc_store/includes/simplexml.php file used for shipping is actually JSimpleXML (see http://dev.joomla.org/component/option,com_jd-wiki/Itemid,/id,guidelines...). It is a PHP 4 compatible port of SimpleXML, and requires only PHP 4.2.0+

<tr>.
TR
TR's picture
Re: Re: Re: wait for beta or get bazaar

I vote for another alpha release real soon to push out all the fixes and added functionality that have been happening lately. The thread about the beta release, http://www.ubercart.org/forum/development/1689/beta_1_battle_plans , seems to have stalled. I know there are things already in bazaar that aren't on the list, and I don't know how far along some of the things on the list are.

<tr>.
torgosPizza's picture
Bug FinderEarly adopter... addicted to alphas.Getting busy with the Ubercode.
Juice: 4111
Re: Re: Re: Re: wait for beta or get bazaar

Well maybe it's not directly related to JSimpleXML, then, but I'm still willing to bet that updating to PHP5 will solve some problems Smiling (After my experience with Joomla, I'm skeptical of anything bearing its name.)

In any event, I'm interested in the Beta1 release as well ... I have to get my Contrib ready for release by then, so knowing what my deadline is would help in the motivation department Smiling

--
Help directly fund development: Donate via PayPal!

TR
TR's picture
(After my experience with

(After my experience with Joomla, I'm skeptical of anything bearing its name.)

I know - I was wondering if I should really use the J-word in the forums Smiling

<tr>.
Lyle's picture
AdministratoreLiTe!
Juice: 6855
I know - I was wondering if

I know - I was wondering if I should really use the J-word in the forums Smiling

Agitator! Subversive! Your reeducation will commence shortly. Evil