4 replies [Last post]
milkmansrevenge's picture
Juice: 7
Was this information Helpful?

Hi all,

I'm using Drupal 7.

I will be setting up a website where users will be able to buy credit to put onto their account, in actual currency not points. They will then spend their credit on renting services by the hour that we provide (not like a dodgy masseuse, honest!). So basically I will have one product, buy credit, which users will then be able to use on other services. What is important here, is that when they start using these services they will not need to say how long they will use them for, so I need to be able to access the points from another module/script/program to check the current value. (I can't subtract the points when they start using the service).

So what I need to know, is there an easy way to add credit to a users account? I have looked at User Points and UC Store Credit, but I could not see confirmation if the credit can be displayed as actual money rather than just points. Also, UC Store Credit doesn't have support for Drupal 7 yet.

Does anyone know where those points are stored? As I mentioned I will need to be able to retrieve them, so are they simply attached to the user account in the database?

If anyone can help, I would be really grateful. That includes any links or suggestions for further reading on the area!

By the way, I'm new to Drupal, but I am a coder so once I have my head around how everything links up I'll be capable of making custom changes for myself.

Chris

Mindexperiment's picture
Juice: 15
Re: A few questions about user accounts with credit

I need this feature too.. have you find something?

milkmansrevenge's picture
Juice: 7
Hey, Unfortunately I haven't

Hey,

Unfortunately I haven't yet, been busy with some other work. I'll be starting on this again in about 3 weeks; if I make any progress I'll post here, if you find anything, let us know!

Mindexperiment's picture
Juice: 15
Re: Hey, Unfortunately I haven't

Ok.. I'm probably going to set up a website that use this feature for D7.. If I find something useful I'll let you know

cheers =)

emarsh's picture
Juice: 3
Re: A few questions about user accounts with credit

I'm a new drupel/ubercart user (about three days now) but I need this module for drupal 7 so I'm porting it. I'll share my work when it's done or if anyone else is doing the same please let me know.