12 replies [Last post]
stompeers's picture
Bug FinderGetting busy with the Ubercode.
Juice: 208
Was this information Helpful?

Hi folks,

I am working on my second implementation of Ubercart, and am running to a familiar problem, but the solution that solved it last time isn't doing the trick.

Here was my post about the first time I encountered the problem.

The problem: I am using WPP, and am getting the following error whenever I check out using a credit card:

We were unable to process your credit card payment. Please verify your card details and try again. If the problem persists, contact us to complete your order.

The Express checkout works fine. I'm using the 4111111111111111 code for the credit card. There are no errors in the log, as far as I can see.

The last time I had this problem, I disabled the "Test Gateway" and was good to go. I don't the Test Gateway installed this time, so I'm kind of stuck.

There's a few forum posts on this:

This one - Which doesn't have a resolution posted

This one - The solution mentioned I created a credit card in my PayPal sandbox that was not 4111111111111111, but I'm not sure what this means.

This one - Which points to a possible problem with the Shipping info being sent as null, even when a product is not shippable. This might be the same problem I'm having. The product I'm testing is indeed marked as non-shippable, and the shipping pane is disabled. However, I tried enabling the shipping pane and marking the product as shippable, and I still get the same error

Any thoughts would be very helpful at this point.

Thanks!
Chris

Ryan's picture
Juice: 15453
Re: PayPal Website Payments Pro error, again! - We were unable t

Honestly, I get this issue on the Livetest every now and then, too, and it seems to be related to PayPal's servers. The way I come to that conclusion is even though it "fails" at checkout, the IPN still comes through reporting a successful payment for that order. Can you check to see if this is true for you?

johnnyl's picture
Juice: 50
Re: Re: PayPal Website Payments Pro error, again! - We were unab

Seems like I've come across a similar issue when trying to test my checkout using WPP as my credit card gateway (using a sandbox account):

We were unable to process your credit card payment. Please verify your card details and try again. If the problem persists, contact us to complete your order.

I went through the forums and have reached a similar point where I've gone through the items mentioned in other posts and can't seem to figure it out. Where are the detailed logs I can look into to determine specific issues? Is there a way to tell if it's PayPal's servers acting up?

Any help would be much appreciated. TIA!

johnnyl's picture
Juice: 50
Re: Re: Re: PayPal Website Payments Pro error, again! - We were

Alright, let me answer my own question since I figured it out and hopefully someone else can benefit from my learnings:

The logs at admin/reports/dblog indicated that:

Payment failed for order 6: <b>Authorize and capture immediately failed.</b><br /><b>Error:</b> 10759. This transaction cannot be processed. Please enter a valid credit card number and type.<br /><b>Address:</b> An unknown error occurred.<br /><b>CVV2:</b> Not checked

So that got me thinking that credit card number was simply wrong. Now I know on this message board we tend to use 4111111111111111 for the test gateway. But for PayPal WPP sandbox, that won't work and you have to create a valid credit card number via the sandbox account (there were some references to this which weren't that obvious). So I dug around and here's how you do it:

To obtain a test credit card number for testing PayPal Account Optional:
1. Select a buyer’s test account and click Enter Sandbox Test Site.
2. Navigate to My Account > Profile.
3. Under the Financial Information header, click the Credit Cards link.
4. Click on "add a card"
At this point it will generate a visa card number, select the drop down boxes for type of card, exp date, choose a CVN and very importantly copy down all this information. You will use this in your testing later on.
5. Now click "add card" and you're set

The only thing I haven't figured out yet was how to generate an AMEX card number via this procedure. They start with 3 and are only 15 digits long. Creating my own numbers this way got rejected by step 5.

Hope this helps Smiling

steve123's picture
Juice: 92
please read the installation docs carefully

This is the result of not reading the docs before actually insatalling the module if you went through the siete you wolud have saved yoy time as for amex card there are many nos avaliable on the net they will work i think for 1 of the card type the cvv needs to be 4 digits so enter 4 digit cvv and try.

venture into the unknown!

deepakg83's picture
Juice: 187
sometimes this is temperory error

while testing for payflow link , i encountered the similar problem. I was pretty sure , nothing else is wrong , and tried once more . Then , i came across this thread and tried the same by logging out and logging in. ( clear the cache and test). It worked .
If someone does not want to use CVV for testing purposes , one can go in Credit Card Settings and uncheck Enable CVV verification , and then will not be bothered for CVV validations

Deepak Gupta

deepakg83's picture
Juice: 187
Another Reason

"We were unable to process your credit card payment. Please verify your card details and try again. If the problem persists, contact us to complete your order"

Disable all the gateways and process the transactions. This is not a way to solve the problem, but am trying to tell, there is another reason for the error.
Logging it here as for future users, sometimes one misses the small details.

Go to Administer-> modules -> and Go to UberCart-> Payment .
Select the Gateway module you want to use. You can enable as many as you / want, but in store configuration, try to enable one gateway in that.
In case you cant find the desired module listed, please check the installation, and the module is installed properly.

Deepak Gupta

Scientifik's picture
Juice: 7
Re: PayPal Website Payments Pro error, again! - We were unable t

I'm testing my credit card processing but when I hit submit order, the page just posts back on itself to the review order page. However the log gives the error:

Payment failed for order 9: Authorize and capture immediately failed.Error: 10759: This transaction cannot be processed. Please enter a valid credit card number and type.Address: An unknown error occurred.CVV2: Not checked

I'm not concerned about the card not being accepted, I'm trying to get the error to show up to the customer on the front end.

uit.service's picture
Juice: 11
Is your paypal payee account for "PayPal Website Payments Pro"?

One of the reason that credit card payment failed is that your paypal account for credit card payment is not "PayPal Website Payments Pro". You need pay Paypal $30 per month for this feature. You can go to https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_wp-pro-overview-outside for clear details.

Web Application Outsourcing in www.universal-internet.com

newburyport's picture
Juice: 60
Overlooked?

I had the same problem of "We were unable to process your credit card payment. Please verify your card details and try again. If the problem persists, contact us to complete your order." with PayPal Pro.

Maybe I am just over-tired, but I had forgotten to change the API server from 'sandbox' to 'live' on admin/store/settings/payment/edit/gateways. Once I did this, I deleted the uc_credit.key file from the keys folder, generated a new one at /admin/store/settings/payment/edit/methods > Credit Card Settings...and I was 100% good to go.

Maybe this will help some other tired soul.

-Todd

mmalik's picture
Juice: 9
update??

Were you able to fix this issue? I created a sandbox accounts (buyer and seller) used test API credentials, removed all gateways excepts PP Pro but still I am getting same error "unable to process....." I also tried using actual APT credentials with sandbox but the result was same. In log I am getting

Payment failed for order 13: Authorize and capture immediately failed.Error: 10501: This transaction cannot be processed due to an invalid merchant configuration.Address: An unknown error occurred.

mmalik's picture
Working Solution

To get sanbox API credentials here what you need to do https://www.x.com/docs/DOC-1603 using API credentails created in this way will fix 10501 issue.

List of all errors: https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=develo...

pricejn2's picture
CurlSSL

This thread is a number of months old but I had card processing error and discovered that PHP on my server wasn't compiled with curl ssl ( --with-curl=/opt/curlssl/ ). Recompiled PHP and I was back in business.