4 replies [Last post]
bwallen's picture
Juice: 6
Was this information Helpful?

I've got a basic store setup and I'd like to customize it a little. For example I'd like to put a welcome message at the top and a grid below and product categories on the left side. How can I do that?

end user's picture
Juice: 1728
Re: Creating a custom interface for the store

Which theme are you using? Product Categories block can be activated through the Drupal block management and set into any region you want?

bwallen's picture
Juice: 6
Re: Re: Creating a custom interface for the store

I'm using the default Garland theme for now. I saw what you were talking about on the block management page, so that takes care of part of what I need. The other thing I'd like to do is customize the catalog/1 page. Is that possible?

end user's picture
Re: Re: Re: Creating a custom interface for the store

There are a couple of ways you could do it. Because catalog is a vocabulary there is no text area where you could input a message so you could do something like

In the Garland theme folder modify the garlang.info file and add an extra region code below the css declerartions like this

stylesheets[all][] = style.css
stylesheets[print][] = print.css
settings[garland_width] = fluid

regions[catalog_intro] = Catalog Intro

Upload the file and clear your cache under configuration > performance

Now in the page.tpl.php file in the Garland directory add the code for the Catalog Intro region

You can try something like

<div class="catalog-intro clearfix">
            <?php print render($page['catalog_intro']); ?>
</div>     
<div class="clearfix">
            <?php print render($page['content']); ?>
</div>

No create a Block, insert the catalog intro text you want to appear and style it anyway you want. Now on the catalog edit page under Pages > Show block on specific pages > select Only the listed pages and type in

catalog

This will force the block to only show on the catalog page.

That would be the easiest way I can see being done.

end user's picture
Re: Re: Re: Re: Creating a custom interface for the store

Ahh sorry didn't see you said catalog/1. You should be able to just edit the catalog/1 term and add a description which will show at the top of the page and also edit the view that displays the catalog under Views.