9 replies [Last post]
Shosho1489's picture
Juice: 17
Was this information Helpful?

Right now the child categories are displaying like shown in the attached image, which is not what my client wants.
He wants them listed in a vertical unordered list like:
Parent Category:

• Child
  • Child
  • Child

I found this code in uc_catalog.module line 686 which appears to be handling it, but php isn't my strong suit.
Anyone know if what my client wants is possible, and how to do it? Or maybe have each one put in it's own table row?

// Display list of child category's children categories.
    // If more than $max_gc_display, show "More..." link to child.
    $grandchildren_list = taxonomy_get_children($child->tid, $vid);
    $child->children = $grandchildren_list;
    $catalog->children[] = $child;
PreviewAttachmentSize
Picture showing the child categories listed in one row.Picture showing the child categories listed in one row.70.84 KB
end user's picture
Juice: 1738
Re: Child categories in an unordered list

So your client doesn't want the arrow and just a standard dot for list style? If so you just have to change the list style of the ul li using css.

Shosho1489's picture
Re: Re: Child categories in an unordered list

Not the block area, the content area which has the placeholder images. I've pointed out the place i'm referring to in the attached file. Smiling

AttachmentSize
WhatImean.png 83.36 KB
end user's picture
Re: Re: Re: Child categories in an unordered list

Ok thats just a view. When logged in put your mouse cursor on the top right corner of the box area the represent the grid. You should see two small manus show. One is for the product view and the other for the sub categories. If not look here admin/structure/views/view/uc_catalog_terms

You change the Format from grid style to html list. You might have to clear your cache and even the views cache under views admin.

Shosho1489's picture
Re: Re: Re: Re: Child categories in an unordered list

I'm using the default "display in grid" thing that came with ubercart install. I don't have two menues and I don't have the view uc_catalog_terms. >.<

EDIT:
Would I need to create a view then? The views module has always been a scary thing to try and figure out to me, lol. And I might be looking in the wrong place?

end user's picture
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Child categories in an unordered list

Are you using D7/Ubercart 3 or D6/UC2?

Shosho1489's picture
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Child categories in an unordered list

Drupal 6 and I installed the version 6 ubercart module, not sure which ubercart that is. It was last updated in October 2011.

And thank you so much for taking out time to help me.

end user's picture
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Child categories in an unordered lis

Hmm let me see if my D6 site still has the UC views. Unless you really need to use D6/UC I would consider going to D7/UC3. Not as many modules have been converted to UC3 but its a much better system.

I'll see how my D6 site is set up.

end user's picture
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Child categories in an unordered

Sorry my D6/UC2 site doesn't have the catalog module any-more as I used template and views to design the catalog and uninsulated the module. You can try asking about setting the catalog to a list view on the Drupal UC issue forum.

Shosho1489's picture
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Child categories in an unord

Alrighty, thanks for your help. Smiling