4 replies [Last post]
tim_1000's picture
Juice: 9
Was this information Helpful?

I hope someone can help, I have spent many hours looking for a solution to what seems like a simple problem and keep getting to dead-ends.

I have a site that sells courses (services) with limited spaces, there is a page for each of the 6 types of course that gives a full description of the course and at the bottom of each of these course pages I would like to have multiple products displaying each of the dates that the course is running, allowing people to add just one of them to their cart. I've got the stock setting working fine and showing the availability (stock items remaining) but the problem is this:

I can only seem to get each course date to show as its own product page, meaning that each course date has to have its own full page of description. That then means that if there is 4 dates of a course there has to be 4 independent product pages all showing the same detailed description of the course and it's itinerary (which is the same for all of them).

Is there a way of just showing all these 4 course dates with their own "add to cart" button on the main course page?

Many thanks,

end user's picture
Juice: 1728
Re: Display multiple products on one page

Which version of Drupal/UC are you using?

You can use the references module in D7 to reference different nodes/products to each other and then use views to display the referenced nodes on what eve node page you want. Then set up a new region in your template, then insert the region in the node-product.tpl.php file.

See here http://www.ubercart.org/forum/module_support/11126/modules_doing_related...

tim_1000's picture
Juice: 9

That looks like it would do just the trick, unfortunately I'm using D6 on a template that I cant upgrade. I dont suppose there's another module or workaround for D6 to achieve this?

end user's picture
Juice: 1728
Re: Re: Display multiple products on one page

You still might be able to. Id have too look which references module work with D6 and you can still insert the view block into the "content" region and set it below all others. This should force it below the content of the node.

Funksmaname's picture
Juice: 13

I managed to list the products using views, showing 'full nodes' of a particular type as a page view.
You could probably be more specific by adding a nid filter with fixed order nid's to select the exact products you want to show.
This way the products don't need to be related in any way...

-- i just had to change this to product kits, and nid between x and y in the filters... works great!