11 replies [Last post]
end user's picture
Juice: 1728
Was this information Helpful?

Seeing how the demo site on here is not re set-up yet I decided to go ahead and set up another demo site. You can test drive it here http://www.ubercartdemo.com

The site is reset every hour (I'll install a time ticker later)

You can use the site as an end user or admin BUT I had to disable the roles and file download features for the time being until I figure out how to secure those.

Login info

Use: demo
Pass: demo

sam_'s picture
Juice: 52
Re: Ubercartdemo.com ready for testing

I entered Arizona and 85203 and got this...

"There were problems getting a shipping quote. Please verify the delivery address and product information and try again. If this does not resolve the issue, please call to complete your order."

end user's picture
Re: Re: Ubercartdemo.com ready for testing

Hmm not sure if it matters as I set the products to flat rate shipping so any address should work. Are you trying it with UPS or USPS settings? I don't have any of those setting set up.

end user's picture
Re: Re: Re: Ubercartdemo.com ready for testing

Ok for testing purposes I removed the UPS and USPS options and left the flat rate and weight quotes on. Because of the nature of the setup some things just can't be properly tested unless you install UC on your site.

a.Knutson's picture
Administrator
Juice: 448

Until we get our new demo site active with a database auto-reset feature, I've made ubercartdemo.com the main link to Ubercart's demo page. Thanks End User for getting that up and running! You the man!

end user's picture
Thanks! I saw that the demo

Thanks!

I saw that the demo was requested a lot on here and Drupal.org and what better way to get better SEO for Ubercart than UbercartDemo.com Also looking at the longs from my other UC sites that has a demo I get quite a few hits from google searches for Ubercart Demo especially since the other site is only a few weeks old.

I'm flipping between 4 other sites atm but will set up proper products on the demo site in the next few days. I actually think there should be two demo sites. One for the end user to order items with cheque/money order payment processing so the transaction goes through and they can only use it as a customer BUT also give them limited access to the admin so they can see and process orders and a second one where they have almost full admin access to try out the admin features.

end user's picture
Re: Thanks! I saw that the demo

Actually there should be three demos. My plan for the first one is two have two themes and using the theme swithcher to switch between a default install and one with added modules to show odd extra features.

a.Knutson's picture
Administrator
Juice: 448
Re: Re: Thanks! I saw that the demo

Awesome idea End User! Switching between the themes is a great plan. Ideally we should probably have a few seperate demo examples dedicated to specific product types. ie. demo dedicated to digital goods (song downloads, subscription based service, etc), and possibly another filled with just physical goods. Once we have a few demo sites up, I can throw together a nice looking splash page to direct users to a demo that is more relevant to their business interest.

And I agree-- access to a limited admin area for the more advanced demo is also a good plan.

end user's picture

Woops I screwed up and suspended the demo site by accident last night Its up and running again.

end user's picture

I changed the auto reset to two hours to give people a bit more time to experiment.

citabriabob's picture
Juice: 3
Demo System

Hi:

Tried demo and got this:

Notice: Undefined index: attributes in theme_uc_product_model() (line 19 of /home/ucdemo/domains/ubercartdemo.com/public_html/sites/all/modules/ubercart/uc_product/uc_product.theme.inc).
Notice: Undefined index: attributes in theme_uc_product_dimensions() (line 139 of /home/ucdemo/domains/ubercartdemo.com/public_html/sites/all/modules/ubercart/uc_product/uc_product.theme.inc).

In spite of that error, I was able to get to checkout, but the demo pseudo-card date is expired (Jan 2013) and could not complete the demo test.

Thanks,

end user's picture
HiYah I have to change the

Hi

Attributes error should be fixed now same with exp date.