1 reply [Last post]
edonovan's picture
Juice: 15
Was this information Helpful?

I'm trying to find a simple affiliate solution for Ubercart for Drupal 6.x.

The uc_affiliate2 module looks like it is the most commonly used, but has some long-standing bugs and overall looks like it might be more complex than what I need.

I really only need the following workflow:

- Customer clicks link
- Customer is directed to landing page
- Customer makes purchase
- Purchase is tracked against affiliate
- Affiliate report shows how many purchases made per affiliate

Basically, I'm thinking the landing page could use a query string to identify the affiliate id, and then a session cookie could be set to track purchases for the duration of the customer's session. The affiliate report would ideally be made using Views, but wouldn't have to be.

I don't need any complex calculations of commissions or a complex downline - it's just going to be a one level affiliate program, by client request. I'd like to make it simple so they can administer it.

I could code this myself, but I figure it's going to be more stable and well-tested if it is something contributed by the community.

If you all think uc_affiliate2 is the best option, let me know. Perhaps you can direct me to some documentation; I wasn't able to find any yet, and I'd prefer not to have to write my own for the client.

edonovan's picture
Juice: 15
Went with uc_affiliate2

I decided uc_affiliate2 went best for my use case after all, after extensive testing. Sometime I may get around to cleaning up and posting online the documentation I've written so far for the client.