5 replies [Last post]
Pipolaye's picture
Juice: 32
Was this information Helpful?

Hello guys,

I'm going crazy on an silly issue with my ubercart website:

I sell 3 softwares. When a customer buy one, I want to send him the link to download the software. The email with the link is sent BUT everytime I clicked on it I have the following error page:

"Access Denied. You are not authorized to access this page." If you are logged on the website, the link works though.

I did the following check list:

1. People -> Permission -> Anonymous Download file + Anonymous View all downloads are checked;
  2. The folder is named "download" and is at the server's root. The File path under Store -> Products is setup correctly;
  3. The folder permission is setup to 755;

The weird thing now: In the notification e-mail, the link looks like that: "http://www.MyWebsiteUrl.com/download/22". There is no token or variable inside the URL, I don't know if it is the correct behavior or not though.

I use the following token inside my notification email: [expiration:downloads].

Any help would be really appreciated because I've got no more idea where to look...

I use Drupal 7.15 + Ubercart 3.1

Thank you very much!

Pipolaye's picture
Juice: 32
Rules

I've looked on many forums, apparently I'm not the first one to have this issue but I couldn't find a fix.

I suspect the issue comes from Rules. The e-mail being sent before the order is completed resulting in an invalid download link.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you

artatum's picture
Juice: 166
Re: Rules

same issue here.

Artatum - www.webographe.fr

artatum's picture
Juice: 166
Re: Re: Rules

I needed to enable permission for files download.

Artatum - www.webographe.fr

poleman's picture
Juice: 4
Re: Download file + Access Denied

Did you manage to solve this? I have exactly the same problem as you describe and can't find any solution to this.

anveotwebdotcom's picture
Juice: 3
Re: Download file + Access Denied

ok... I was having a hard time with this and figured that i would post my solution that helped me.

What helped me was that if your are using a private file download path (like i was). Then download this module called Private files download permission the link here http://drupal.org/project/private_files_download_permission

activate the module. go to Admin-Configuration-Media- Private File download permission. set your directory or add if you dont have one. Click edit and add admin, authenticated and anonymous users under enabled roles. Now save and test. When a person clicks on the link in their email it will automatically download while encrypting the download path.