4 replies [Last post]
mrtrombone's picture
Juice: 7
Was this information Helpful?

Hi

I recently applied a minor patch and upgraded Ubercart to 7.x 3.3

Since then all my orders are remaining in 'Pending' after PayPal is completed successfully.
I have checked the 'Update order status on full payment' action in 'admin/config/workflow/rules' at it looks normal
I have checked the log and after a purchase I can see 'Receiving IPN at URL for order 888.' then 'IPN transaction verified' but no message stating that status has been upgraded to completed.
When I check the order I can see the payment and a balance of 0.
When I make an order myself I get redirected successfully to the order complete page after paying however I don't receive the standard completion email

I know there are other posts here which are similar but I've looked through them and can't find a solution so any assistance greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately I can't remember what version it was on before the upgrade but I am confident it was not a large jump as I have been upgrading modules regularly.

Thanks

DanZ's picture
Juice: 1738
Re: 'Update order status on full payment' action not firing sinc

This is almost certainly a Rules problem. Check that rule again and make sure that it's not disabled. Make sure you're running an up-to-date version of the Rules module. Upgrade Ubercart to 7.x-3.4.

If you are still getting the problem, you'll have to do some troubleshooting. Try entering payments manually or with other payment methods to see what happens. Try using a debugger (Netbeans or such) to trace through the code and make sure the rule gets triggered properly.

liquidcms's picture
Juice: 31
same issue

I have a Moneris gw running in test mode and i am seeing the exact same thing. I have a very basic conditional:

- trigger: payment gets ordered
- conditions: payment method is moneris, balance = 0
- and 2 actions which are seen in screenshot below:

- the first is to set order status to completed
- the second is to print a test msg to the screen

http://screencast.com/t/eYyAkKpLf

the msg is shown; which proves everything else has worked correctly except the order status remains at Pending.

i also disabled all other conditionals

ahh, sorry,slightly different: i have Drupal 6

DanZ's picture
Juice: 1738
Re: same issue

If you're running Drupal 6, then you're probably using Conditional Actions, not Rules.

I'm afraid that I don't know much about CA. You might have to step through this in a debugger and look at the database to see if it's getting updated and/or why it isn't.

mrtrombone's picture
Juice: 7
Re: Re: 'Update order status on full payment' action not firing

Ok it turned out it was not a rules problem but DanZ your suggestion was definitely helpful thanks.

Once I switched to a manual payment I hit a 'syntax error' page which led me to a problem I had introduced into the customer confirmation email template. The paypal process had just hidden the real issue.

So lame mistake but excellent advice regarding narrowing down issue via manual payment that can hopefully help others.

Cheers
Mark