15 replies [Last post]
WiSeOz's picture
Juice: 112
Was this information Helpful?

I am really close to having a fully tested and functioning Ubercart implementation (at least, for my purposes). I need some help from the community to figure out the PayPal Websites Payments Standard integration. I am currently set up to test with the PayPal sandbox. It was a struggle but I've managed to successfully transmit to the PayPal sandbox using the user test accounts I created in the PayPal sandbox.

The attached screen shot shows the screen I was presented with upon selecting "Submit Order". You can see that my product was sent but I wasn't expecting to be presented with a login screen after selecting "Submit Order". The Website Payments Standard demo on the PayPal site shows a different user experience. It shows that a user doesn't have to have a PayPal account to make a purchase through Website Payments Standard.

So I'm wondering, is the transaction being handled correctly? If I proceed to login with my sandbox test account, I receive a confirmation screen that allows me to proceed with the purchase, but only with an existing PayPal account. After I select to "Pay...Now", I am taken back to a login screen with a message: "This invoice has already been paid. For more information, please contact the merchant." Then, I am never returned to my site from PayPal. Furthermore, I can't figure out how to verify a recurring payment.

This all seems like the wrong user experience!

Can anyone that has tested the Ubercart to PayPal Websites Payments Standard integration with the sandbox provide some guidance? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

PreviewAttachmentSize
PayPal.PNGPayPal.PNG119.7 KB
paulg's picture
Juice: 23
Re: How to test PayPal Website Payments Standard with Sandbox?

I am going through the same thing (configuring Ubercart to work with PayPal Websites Payments Standard). Here's what I figured out:

1. If you look carefully at your attached screen shot, you'll see in the lower left hand corner (where the credit card images are located) some text that says, "Use your credit card or bank account (where available) Continue", and you can click on the Continue link and you'll get a screen that looks like the demo on PayPal WPS - one that includes the ability to take credit cards.

2. PayPal detects that you have previously been to the PayPal site (probably a cookie) and, if so, doesn't present the credit card collection screen by default. If you turn off cookies, you probably get the credit card collection screen.

Hope this helps.

WiSeOz's picture
Re: Re: How to test PayPal Website Payments Standard with Sandbo

Thanks paulg. I will give that a try.

Have you had any luck testing recurring fees as well?

WiSeOz's picture
Re: Re: Re: How to test PayPal Website Payments Standard with Sa

I have struggled and struggled and I'm just not getting it. I have searched the integration guide and the forum but no where are there clear instructions with examples for testing WPS.

I have created a PayPal Developer Central account. I have created Buyer and Seller accounts with pre-configured set up. I use email address 'abc' or 'xyz' or whatever and provide a different password. I assume I should have nothing more to do with these accounts for them to work at this point. Now, here is my first point of confusion, when completing the account set up I notice that it changes 'abc' to 'abc_1234567_per' or whatever. I'm confused from here on out as to which e-mail addresses to use where and I've tried all the combinations I can think of!

Ubercart can be configured to use a certain e-mail account and environment for testing. I select 'sandbox'. Which email address should be used here? The PayPal Developer Central account or the Seller account as 'abc' or the Seller account as 'abc_1234567_per'?

Where all am I supposed to be logged in at to complete a transaction in the sandbox? I realize I should be logged into my PayPal Developer Central account. Should I be logged in as the Seller using 'abc_1234567_per' or the Buyer using 'xyz_1234567_per' or both?

When I actually go to complete the Ubercart checkout form as a Buyer which email address do I use for the Buyer, the 'xyz' or the 'xyz_1234567_per'?

I have been routinely clearing cookies prior running at test (after completing the log in to the PayPal Developer Central account and the sandbox, of course).

Each time I test, I am consistently getting a login screen which is far from the user experience I expected for WPS.

Ryan's picture
Juice: 15453
Re: Re: Re: Re: How to test PayPal Website Payments Standard wit
WiSeOz's picture
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How to test PayPal Website Payments Standard

Yep! This helped with the configuration but it's not much helping with actually verifying that it works through the sandbox.

aasarava's picture
Juice: 31
steps on testing with paypal sandbox

You're not alone -- the PayPal sandbox is definitely difficult to deal with.

After tearing my hair out for a week trying to get Web Payments Pro to work, I realized that there are several key things you have to do:

- First, make sure you log in to the master developer account at PayPal Developer Central and create a buyer test account and a seller test account.

- Then, log in to the sandbox as the test *seller*. Make sure you go through the steps listed there to get the account ready to accept payments.

- Back in the Ubercart Payment Settings admin panel, in the PayPal Web Payments Standard box, make sure you enter the email address for the *seller* test account.

- Now once you've got those configuration steps taken care of, you can start to test Web Payments Standard, Web Payments Pro, and Express Checkout. However, I've found that in order to test any of these successfully, you need to first log in to PayPal Developer Central with the username/pw you had set up for the master developer account. I believe you have to do this BEFORE you can use the test buyer username/pw to make a purchase. I guess this sets a cookie or something that makes the buyer username/pw work. So, off to developer.paypal.com you go.... If you're already logged in, log out and log back in again, and remember to use the master developer login, not one of the test buyer or seller logins.

- Finally, without closing your browser window, go to your store and pick a product and add it to your cart. Select the standard "checkout" button (NOT the "Check out with PayPal" button.) You should see the typical address form. Enter any valid address. Then select the "PayPal" radio button as payment option. When you submit the form, you should get taken over to the PayPal site, to a page that has a "LOG IN TO PAYPAL" box on it. Use the buyer email address and pw to log in. Once you log in as the buyer, you should see an order summary. Hit the 'Continue' button. This should bring you back to your store. Hit the 'submit order' button. It'll take a minute, but that should result in an order being completed.

- To test Express Checkout, go to your store and a product to your cart. Select the "Check out with PayPal" button instead of the standard "checkout" button. You should get taken to a Paypal page that has a www.sandbox.paypal.com URL. The page should have a "LOG IN TO PAYPAL" box on it. Login with the test buyer username and pw. It should be clear from here on out....

Hope that helps,
--A

WiSeOz's picture
Re: steps on testing with paypal sandbox

I think this is the approach I've been taking. I guess I'm just thrown off by the lack of true user experience in the sandbox with all the logging in steps required. I think I'll wait for beta 7 (any minute now, right?) and run through all of my scenarios again.

mrtoner's picture
Juice: 72
Re: How to test PayPal Website Payments Standard with Sandbox?

BTW, your Sandbox seller account and your live Paypal account don't need to have separate addresses. If they're the same, you'll only need to enable/disable Sandbox testing in UC.

drew.p's picture
Juice: 6
Re: Re: How to test PayPal Website Payments Standard with Sandbo

I too am struggling to test WPS in Sandbox. Could someone confirm whether this is even possible? My main issue is that I'm not receiving any IPNs and my payments are never getting set to "Complete".

Shawn D. Sheridan's picture
Juice: 10
Re: Re: Re: How to test PayPal Website Payments Standard with Sa

That's the problem I'm having. Did you come to any resolution? All my PayPal Buttons subscription orders are in a "In checkout" status, not completed as I would have assumed they'd be.

A.M
A.M's picture
Juice: 2
very important problem

hi
I cant test my project
when i want to load https://developer.paypal.com/ url,
it shows me an error.
the error is Network Timeout .
I try to load the url in several times but dont help.
pleaze help me

gafir777's picture
Juice: 104
Re: very important problem

I agree, the sandbox has very poor usability. I was planning to have my clients test the ecommerce site with it, but I will not because I believe it would confuse them!

After many attempts, I'm just getting errors every time I place an order in the sandbox...
goodness...

SirAndrewDavis's picture
Juice: 45
ie8 & sandbox

Hi, has anyone else had problems with using the Sandbox with ie8? My setup works fine with Firfox but when using ie8 a Paypal redirect screen comes up with "Please login to use the PayPal Sandbox features" i.e. It doesn't start the Paypal sandbox in the test mercant account. I tried setting both the merchant account and paypal as Trusted under ie8 & that didn't make any difference?

SirAndrewDavis's picture
ie8 & sandbox

Hi, has anyone else had problems with using the Sandbox with ie8? My setup works fine with Firfox but when using ie8 a Paypal redirect screen comes up with "Please login to use the PayPal Sandbox features" i.e. It doesn't start the Paypal sandbox in the test mercant account. I tried setting both the merchant account and paypal as Trusted under ie8 & that didn't make any difference?

SirAndrewDavis's picture
ie8 & sandbox

Hi, has anyone else had problems with using the Sandbox with ie8? My setup works fine with Firfox but when using ie8 a Paypal redirect screen comes up with Please lgin to use the PayPal Sandbox features i.e. It doesn't start the Paypal sandbox in the test mercant account. I tried setting both the merchant account and paypal as Trusted under ie8 & that didn't make any difference?