9 replies [Last post]
balsama's picture
Juice: 10
Was this information Helpful?

I am trying to set up UPS Shipping with a client's site. When trying to generate a shipping quote, I get the following error:

There were problems getting a shipping quote. Please verify the delivery and product information and try again.
If this does not resolve the issue, please call in to complete your order.

I'm not sure I'm using the correct information on the "Shipping Quote Settings" page.
I am using the following for each field:
UPS OnLine Tools Access #: XML/HTML Access Key
UPS Shipper #: Client's UPS Account #
UPS.com user ID: login username for UPS.com
Password: login password for UPS.com

Can anyone shed some light on this?

frankenstein's picture
Juice: 6
Same Problem

I am having the exact same problem as balsama, developing an e-commerce site for a client.

=============================

I am using these settings:

UPS OnLine Tools Access #: xml access key
UPS Shipper #: client's ups account #
UPS.com user ID: client's login name for ups.com
Password: client's login password for ups.com

Mode: Testing

UPS Services:
UPS Ground
UPS Next Day Air
UPS Second Day Air
UPS 3-Day Select

Pickup type: One Time Pickup (not quite sure if this is the correct setting... but I know they don't want a daily pickup)
UPS Customer classification: Occasional (again not sure on this one...)

Negotiated rates: No
Assume UPS shipping quotes will be delivered to: Residential Locations (extra fees)

Markup type: percentage
Shipping rate markup: 0

Product packages: Each in its own package

System of measurement: British

-------------------------

Other Settings...

Under Shipping quote settings
Checked - Display debug information to administrators.

======================================

I add a single product to my cart... the product has a weight and dimensions entered for it. Then I proceed to checkout and hit the "click to calculate shipping: button. I then receive the debug information which is a bunch of xml, an AccessRequest element with my xml key, user id, and password, then one RatingServiceSelectionRequest element for each UPS service I have enabled, then I get this default error message:

There were problems getting a shipping quote. Please verify the delivery and product information and try again.

================

I am using Drupal 5.7, Ubercart 5.x-1.0-rc5, testing from http://localhost/sitename in windows using xampp

I shall continue playing around with it to see if I can get it to work, then I will let you know.

Are you developing on a live site or using localhost? I have not yet tried testing it on a live site...

Thanks

Lyle's picture
AdministratoreLiTe!
Juice: 6855
Re: Same Problem

Is UPS checked on the Quote methods tab? Is the corresponding workflow-ng configuration enabled as well? Both of these need to be done for quotes to work.

brewski's picture
Juice: 134
workflow?

Been having UPS issues also...

I had no idea workflow_ng was involved with this.

I just checked and Label "shipping quote from UPS exists but is under the Inactive Rules.

How do I make that active?

Lyle's picture
AdministratoreLiTe!
Re: workflow?

Click the edit link next to it. The form has a checkbox for it. The conditions and such are found by clicking the title.

balsama's picture
Yep

Thanks for your reply.

The UPS quote method is enabled with the checkbox next to it on the Quote Methods tab (it's the only method I have) as well as the corresponding workflow-ng configuration.

Any other ideas?

thanks

EDIT

Debug Information:

undefined:
Hard 111500: The selected service is not valid with the selected packaging.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<RatingServiceSelectionRequest xml:lang="en-US">
  <Request>
    <TransactionReference>
      <CustomerContext>Complex Rate Request</CustomerContext>
      <XpciVersion>1.0001</XpciVersion>
    </TransactionReference>
    <RequestAction>Rate</RequestAction>
    <RequestOption>rate</RequestOption>
  </Request>
  <PickupType>
    <Code>01</Code>
  </PickupType>
  <CustomerClassification>
    <Code>04</Code>
  </CustomerClassification>
  <Shipment>
    <Shipper>
      <ShipperNumber>7404VV</ShipperNumber>
      <Address>
        <City></City>
        <StateProvinceCode></StateProvinceCode>
        <PostalCode></PostalCode>
        <CountryCode>US</CountryCode>
      </Address>
    </Shipper>
    <ShipTo>
      <Address>
        <StateProvinceCode>MA</StateProvinceCode>
        <PostalCode>02113</PostalCode>
      <ResidentialAddressIndicator/>
      </Address>
    </ShipTo>
    <ShipFrom>
      <Address>
        <StateProvinceCode>RI</StateProvinceCode>
        <PostalCode>02903</PostalCode>
      </Address>
    </ShipFrom>
    <ShipmentWeight>
      <UnitOfMeasurement>
        <Code>LBS</Code>
      </UnitOfMeasurement>
      <Weight>1.0</Weight>
    </ShipmentWeight>
    <Service>
      <Code>03</Code>
      <Description>UPS Ground</Description>
    </Service>
    <Package><PackagingType><Code>04</Code></PackagingType><PackageWeight><UnitOfMeasurement><Code>LBS</Code><Description>Pounds</Description></UnitOfMeasurement><Weight>1.0</Weight></PackageWeight><PackageServiceOptions><InsuredValue><CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode><MonetaryValue>45</MonetaryValue></InsuredValue></PackageServiceOptions></Package></Shipment>
</RatingServiceSelectionRequest>

<?xml version="1.0"?><RatingServiceSelectionResponse><Response><TransactionReference><CustomerContext>Complex Rate Request</CustomerContext><XpciVersion>1.0001</XpciVersion></TransactionReference><ResponseStatusCode>0</ResponseStatusCode><ResponseStatusDescription>Failure</ResponseStatusDescription><Error><ErrorSeverity>Hard</ErrorSeverity><ErrorCode>111500</ErrorCode><ErrorDescription>The selected service is not valid with the selected packaging.</ErrorDescription></Error></Response></RatingServiceSelectionResponse>

balsama's picture
Fixed

I changed the "Product Packages" setting from "Each in its own package" to "All in one".

This cleared the error. That works for this client, but it would be nice to get quotes for each in its own package for other clients.

Lyle's picture
AdministratoreLiTe!
Re: Fixed

balsalma, the "all in one" setting uses the Custom package type when it generates the quote. I noticed that the request you posted is using the PAK package type, and apparently, that isn't allowed on UPS Ground. I don't know why this is so, but that's what they say.

It also wouldn't hurt to fill in the Store's address in the Store information page. That fills out the <Shipper> section. Use <code> tags so we can see the XML. Smiling

frankenstein, you're probably not getting XML back from UPS for some reason. You can see what you are getting with Firebug. It'll be hard to fix without knowing that.

frankenstein's picture
Worked For Me Too

I also changed the "Product Packages" setting from "each in its own package" to "all in one" and I now get a response with a ups quote price.

Thanks!

However, I have UPS Ground, UPS Next Day Air, UPS 2nd Day Air and UPS 3-Day Select enabled, but it only returns the quote price for UPS ground.

Also, through the checkout procedure I have yet to see a spot where you actually get to select the UPS service you wish to use (e.g. ground, next day air, 2nd day air, 3-day select).

Any ideas?

frankenstein's picture
Another Strange Problem

Another strange problem I am having is:

After I receive the xml response and the estimated shipping rate from ups, when I navigate to any other page on my site, I get this huge error box full of these messages:

warning: xml_parse() [function.xml-parse]: Unable to call handler _startElement() in /home/consolid/public_html/modules/ubercart/uc_store/includes/simplexml.php on line 244.

The handler names it tries to call are:

_startElement()
_characterData()
_endElement()

Then below the error box it displays the page just fine.

?